Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-15-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints67
Quote:
Quote:
oh it's going to be sweet when we beat the bears. 8)

it really irks me, to what i am seeing in this thread about my team.
Why? If you were in our shoes you'd be tired of it too. I'm sorry but this "team of destiny" crap has to stop, it really does.

It really irks me to hear the media talking about the Saints but not the Bears. It irks me to think that we don't even matter in this game. It irks me to hear the media acting like the Saints are the only ones playing for their fans and for their city.

I feel sorry for the city of New Orleans and the victims of Katrina, but but the players have not rebuilt any houses, they have not given anyone free tickets to the game, etc...

Take a look at the poll dude, if anyone should be mad it should be Bear fans, but we could really care less. We know we can win this game and we think we will win this game.
well deal with it with the saints and media coverage about it..it is what it is.

and no if i was another fan of a team, i would still pull for the saints..after what the team had to go through and the city...no-brainer.

and yes they have rebuilded houses, stadiums, and so on...you have to follow the local coverage though. they are also rebuilding the people, city's spirit...which for some local natives is more important. and they have given free tickets to victims...Scott Fujita (our LB) gave tickets away for the Giants game.

the people have their own opinion on who will win...whats wrong with the saints winning and not 'da bears'?? obviously they see who might be the better team. and obviously you guys care if you won' stop talking about the saints.

PS- your sick of the saints?? I live in Wisconsin...and i'm sick of how alot of radio guys here and fans think 'da bears' are the cream and crop of the NFC.
We've been the cream of the crop of the NFC all season long dude, we went undefeated against the NFC this season (I don't count the Green Bay loss).

You are cocky IMO about this game. You think you're just going to roll over us without a problem? If you think that, you're sorely mistaken my friend. Shows me that you don't respect us as an opponent.

I'm not guaranteeing anything, but the Bears and the Saints are very closely matched up.
you think you were the cream of the crop, look at your sec for the NFC along with playing each North teams 2 times. and you know alot of people think the bears had it easy.

and where does it say that im cocky and were going roll over?? no-where...oh you must be thinking when i said 'oh its going to be sweet when we beat them'...thats cause i was ticked off at what i was reading...you would be too.
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
oh it's going to be sweet when we beat the bears. 8)

it really irks me, to what i am seeing in this thread about my team.
Why? If you were in our shoes you'd be tired of it too. I'm sorry but this "team of destiny" crap has to stop, it really does.

It really irks me to hear the media talking about the Saints but not the Bears. It irks me to think that we don't even matter in this game. It irks me to hear the media acting like the Saints are the only ones playing for their fans and for their city.

I feel sorry for the city of New Orleans and the victims of Katrina, but but the players have not rebuilt any houses, they have not given anyone free tickets to the game, etc...

Take a look at the poll dude, if anyone should be mad it should be Bear fans, but we could really care less. We know we can win this game and we think we will win this game.
well deal with it with the saints and media coverage about it..it is what it is.

and no if i was another fan of a team, i would still pull for the saints..after what the team had to go through and the city...no-brainer.

and yes they have rebuilded houses, stadiums, and so on...you have to follow the local coverage though. they are also rebuilding the people, city's spirit...which for some local natives is more important. and they have given free tickets to victims...Scott Fujita (our LB) gave tickets away for the Giants game.

the people have their own opinion on who will win...whats wrong with the saints winning and not 'da bears'?? obviously they see who might be the better team. and obviously you guys care if you won' stop talking about the saints.

PS- your sick of the saints?? I live in Wisconsin...and i'm sick of how alot of radio guys here and fans think 'da bears' are the cream and crop of the NFC.
We've been the cream of the crop of the NFC all season long dude, we went undefeated against the NFC this season (I don't count the Green Bay loss).

You are cocky IMO about this game. You think you're just going to roll over us without a problem? If you think that, you're sorely mistaken my friend. Shows me that you don't respect us as an opponent.

I'm not guaranteeing anything, but the Bears and the Saints are very closely matched up.
you think you were the cream of the crop, look at your sec for the NFC along with playing each North teams 2 times. and you know alot of people think the bears had it easy.

and where does it say that im cocky and were going roll over?? no-where. ..oh you must be thinking the peoples opinion?? thats their opinion.

though i'd love for my team or any team to put a spanking on you guys. 8)
It just sounds like you're cocky, which is fine.

We won the games we had to win, going 12-2 this season, and in our 2 losses, Rex Grossman was down right awful. That and we spanked two NFC playoff teams in the Giants and the Seahawks, both of whom were playing well at the time. But for the most part, we were the most consistent NFC team all year long, blowing out 8 opponents in 12 wins.

What happened after your big win against the Cowboys? You lost to the Redskins at home. So as much as you say we had an easy schedule, you guys had your share of troubles this season as well.

And like I said earlier, I saw almost the exact same two teams this weekend when they played. Hell we both had the exact same scores in our games.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink

This poll makes zero sense to me. The Bears are like AD, people forget just how good they are.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

The media in Chicago has hyped up this team from day one, and the comparisons to 85 are insane, and that's the fan's fault. I too listen to the same radio that Saints67 listens too and it's sickening because they don't see that this team isn't as great as everyone says.

The Bears may, in time, get the respect they deserve, but if they win this game, they can earn it by beating an AFC foe that matters. If they make it the SB, congrads, but they won't be favored by ANYONE to win.

However, I don't think the Saints are great, but they'll handle the Bears and beat them by at least 10 points

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:05 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07
The media in Chicago has hyped up this team from day one, and the comparisons to 85 are insane, and that's the fan's fault. I too listen to the same radio that Saints67 listens too and it's sickening because they don't see that this team isn't as great as everyone says.

The Bears may, in time, get the respect they deserve, but if they win this game, they can earn it by beating an AFC foe that matters. If they make it the SB, congrads, but they won't be favored by ANYONE to win.

However, I don't think the Saints are great, but they'll handle the Bears and beat them by at least 10 points
I too thought the 85 Bears comparison was bad, and most, if not all of the Bear fans on this board will agree with me on that. And I'll also agree that we aren't a "great" team, but we are a good team. Hell, none of the teams left are great teams.

Btw, the Saints aren't as great as some people are claiming them to be either. They are just as easily beatable as we are. I'm still very nervous about this game though because New Orleans is a darn talented offensive team, and that worries me with the way our D has been playing as of late.

Whoever executes in this game will win (stop the run, run the ball, and limit turnovers). It's that simple IMO.

Still shocking to see the vote count disparity though.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07

No way on earth the Bears lose this game by 10. They are the more mature, strong, and intelligent team. They are built for this exact game: January, Soldier Field, Playoffs, and Run Football. That's what the Bears are. I expect to see Cedric Benson have a very productive day on Sunday.

Additionally, I have faith in this simple idea: it is inconceivable for a team to be awarded the second pick in the draft the year before they play for it all. That's incredibly unlikely. Bear Down Chicago Bears
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Rads3388

I think that the most overlooked concept of this game will be the 2 underrated sides of the ball, the Saints' defense vs. the Bears' offense. Also, don't count out the Bears' special teams; they have one of the best units in the NFL. Devin Hester, whenever he holds onto the football, is the most dangersous retrun man in the NFL. I see that, and the HFA being a large factor in the Bears squeaking by and making it to the Super Bowl. Whatever the outcome, excellent seasons for both teams!
Old 01-16-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the saints will win, because at the end of the day they're still da bears

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Star Wideout hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope
they're still da bears
You mean the team that won every meaningful conference game this season?
Star Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rads3388
I think that the most overlooked concept of this game will be the 2 underrated sides of the ball, the Saints' defense vs. the Bears' offense. Also, don't count out the Bears' special teams; they have one of the best units in the NFL. Devin Hester, whenever he holds onto the football, is the most dangersous retrun man in the NFL. I see that, and the HFA being a large factor in the Bears squeaking by and making it to the Super Bowl. Whatever the outcome, excellent seasons for both teams!
Our Special Teams was IMO one of the reasons why the game on Sunday was so damn close.

A) That block in the back penalty on Hester's PR took away a TD

B) Maynard didn't do too hot in the Punting game

C) We had multiple penalties on Special Teams

D) Our KR defense was terrible

Our ST's will need to play a lot better (apart from Gould) against the Saints.

Quote:
Old 01-16-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rads3388
Our Special Teams was IMO one of the reasons why the game on Sunday was so damn close.

A) That block in the back penalty on Hester's PR took away a TD

B) Maynard didn't do too hot in the Punting game

C) We had multiple penalties on Special Teams

D) Our KR defense was terrible

Our ST's will need to play a lot better (apart from Gould) against the Saints.
Maybe a bit rust coming off the bye? both teams should play more crisp after shaking off the rust of the bye.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears will win
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wideout
Quote:
they're still da bears
No I think he means the team that has an all-time winning record over the Packrs.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:15 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Quote:
they're still da bears
No I think he means the team that has an all-time winning record over the Packrs.
Ouch.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2007, 08:36 AM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Quote:
they're still da bears
Bearsfan_51: 1
jackalope: 0
Old 01-17-2007, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Packman1957
Veteran

Packman1957 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think this game goes to the Saints, there offense is just too much for the Bears defense, especially since the Bears D has not played like it did at the beggining of the season, of course not having Tommie Harris and Mike Brown has a lot to do with this. And lets be honest history goes against the Bears, if you look at teams in the superbowl you will notice almost every single team has a good QB (except for Trent Dilfer and the Ravens in 2000). At this stage of the playoffs the QB position is what seperates the good teams from the great one's. The Bears defense is not the Ravens defense of 2000, and not the defense who shut out the Pack in there home opener, they gave up 24 points to the Seahawks when during the regular season they gave up only 6 points, this just shows how much the loss of Harris and Brown hurt this team, and what should make anyone think that the Bears offense can come to the rescue like they did last week. I just don't see it happening. I think the Bears get ripped apart, the Saints Offense is just to explosive, final:

Saints 31
Bears 13
Old 01-17-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packman1957
I think this game goes to the Saints, there offense is just too much for the Bears defense, especially since the Bears D has not played like it did at the beggining of the season, of course not having Tommie Harris and Mike Brown has a lot to do with this. And lets be honest history goes against the Bears, if you look at teams in the superbowl you will notice almost every single team has a good QB (except for Trent Dilfer and the Ravens in 2000). At this stage of the playoffs the QB position is what seperates the good teams from the great one's. The Bears defense is not the Ravens defense of 2000, and not the defense who shut out the Pack in there home opener, they gave up 24 points to the Seahawks when during the regular season they gave up only 6 points, this just shows how much the loss of Harris and Brown hurt this team, and what should make anyone think that the Bears offense can come to the rescue like they did last week. I just don't see it happening. I think the Bears get ripped apart, the Saints Offense is just to explosive, final:

Saints 31
Bears 13
We aren't the Ravens of 2000, but we have a better offense and better special teams than the Ravens.

Our offense will be able to put points up on the board, and I wouldn't put it past our D and ST's to possibly get a TD as well.

Brad Johnson won a Superbowl, as did Big Ben last year. Both were solid QB's but nothing spectacular. :? But we need Rex to not be a Trent Dilfer type QB or we will lose. We need him to put up some numbers, especially with how the D has been playing as of late.

I won't knock your prediction, it's your opinion, but what difference did you see in the Saints and the Bears this weekend to come up with a score like that?

Quote:
Old 01-17-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

Quote:

Saints 31
Bears 13
Very interesting analysis. Here's something to ponder: Rex Grossman. He has the ability to show up huge one week and then disappear the next. Last weekend, his rating was 78; thus it seems that he will either be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning in this weekend's playoff game.

We shall see.

I still contend that it is very difficult for a team to go from the #2 overall pick to the superbowl. There are just too many holes to be filled, and I expect the Bears to exploit those same deficiencies.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYmoney
Quote:

Saints 31
Bears 13
Very interesting analysis. Here's something to ponder: Rex Grossman. He has the ability to show up huge one week and then disappear the next. Last weekend, his rating was 78; thus it seems that he will either be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning in this weekend's playoff game.

We shall see.

I still contend that it is very difficult for a team to go from the #2 overall pick to the superbowl. There are just too many holes to be filled, and I expect the Bears to exploit those same deficiencies.
It is very difficult, but it's also certainly possible. I think Saints fans can honestly say that they didn't expect to get this far. Not saying they are where they are because of playing on emotions, but I do think playing for a city has something to do with it.

Don't get me wrong, the Saints are a damn good ballclub, certainly capable of winning the SB, and I'm not knocking them whatsoever for what they have accomplished this season.

Adding Brees, Colston, and Bush to the offense were very good moves and I think that had a lot more to do with their success than anything.

Quote:
Old 01-17-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Star Wideout
Veteran

I believe Rex Grossman will have a great day. His strength is the deep ball and New Orlean's weakness is in the secondary. Bernard Berrian alone will have atleast 2, TD passes over over 30 yards lining up over Fred Thomas who gets burned every game for huge gains.

Rex handled the playoff pressure very well so far I see no reason why it won't continue.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears practiced out outside, in the cold. Meanwhile the Saints practiced in their shorts, indoors. That is a big mistake, that is, not preparing your team for the elements.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This poll is a disaster. Haters.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am rooting for the Bears because I use them in Madden and I want them to get better.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Only Josh Brown knows the outcome of this game

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka
This poll is a disaster. Haters.
That really is nuts. No way this should be that one sided
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote