Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-17-2008, 06:47 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Country Music Thread.

For country music and related topics. Please no people coming in here and rapping or whatever. Its nothin against rap, but you wouldn't want anyone to recite country in the rap thread. If this thing lasts, there will inherantly be a political debate of some sort. Just don't do it. Not all people who listen to country are Republicans, I'm not, but I love country. Just like there are conservative people who can appreciate Rap. End of anything political in this thread. On to the music. What is you favorite song playing right now? For me it is hands down. "She's a Hottie" by Toby Keith is #1 right now and has been since the first time I heard it. Others I like are "Back When I Knew it All" by Montgomery Gentry and anything by Taylor Swift. That girl can write a good song, and she sings them unflawed. Plus, she is a goddess...haha

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 07-26-2009 at 10:14 PM.
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:46 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Yo, it's all ghetto in gear higher, the floor settle
More metal for beef that we don't let the law settle
I try to navigate the treacherous waters of
America's ghettos that set up the slaughteres
But there's more of us
Although we speak in different languages
We all pretty familiar with what anger is
Young and dangerous, ???
Get up on some gangsta ****
Guns to bang ya wit'
And we put it on records to entertain ya wit'
I'm grownin' pains way deeper than Mike Seaver's
Our uniforms is white sneakers and white T-shirts
On top of wife beaters
We like to light reefers
The 'hood need us for rappers, just ain't the right leaders
I put a lot into it
This is my product and I gotta move it
Stop the industry but you can't stop the music"

Awesome tune!!! ;)
Old 06-17-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Eagles, what would be a good album to... "get".. right now?

I'm out of touch with what's good right now, i just find myself listening to the same music i've... "gotten".

I'm a fan of Toby Kieth so maybe i'll.. "get".. his latest album
Old 06-17-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats exactly what I was going to suggest actually. My buddy has Shock'n Y'all and I heard it. Absolutely amazing. All the songs are good, though there are two that have no shot at making it to the radio. Not because of quality, but because of content. Those songs are "The Taliban Song" (incredible) and "Smokin' with Willie" (more incredible). I recommend Shock'n yall for sure.

Old 06-17-2008, 12:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For fear of tipping mine/your picks, i will refrain from saying much more. Till after i pick again lol
Old 06-17-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really love Miranda Lambert's new song, "Gunpowder and Lead." It's got a great sound and fantastic lyrics.

And have you heard the Sugarland-Little Big Town-Jake Owen collaboration "Life in a Northern Town." I can't believe how much in harmony all of those different singers are in. Can't wait for it to come out on iTunes.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:12 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4L View Post
I really love Miranda Lambert's new song, "Gunpowder and Lead." It's got a great sound and fantastic lyrics.

And have you heard the Sugarland-Little Big Town-Jake Owen collaboration "Life in a Northern Town." I can't believe how much in harmony all of those different singers are in. Can't wait for it to come out on iTunes.
Gunpowder and Lead has been around for a while, but the radios pretty much ignored it until recently, but yeah, thats a great song, it actually compelled me to go out and by the CD (plus the fact that she aint to bad lookin either). Her speaking voice is so different from her singing voice thougfh. She honestly sounds like a mouse when she talks, but her voice when she sings is hearty and beefy for a woman. You know she's going out with Blake Shelton? Its been goin on for a while too. "Life in a Northern Town" Is also a favorite. I remember the first time I saw it on CMT I was simply put... in awe. It sounded perfect. Would you beleive that song was wrote by Paul Simon? It strikes you as odd at first, buyt once you think about it, it fits.

Old 06-17-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Gunpowder and Lead has been around for a while, but the radios pretty much ignored it until recently, but yeah, thats a great song, it actually compelled me to go out and by the CD (plus the fact that she aint to bad lookin either). Her speaking voice is so different from her singing voice thougfh. She honestly sounds like a mouse when she talks, but her voice when she sings is hearty and beefy for a woman. You know she's going out with Blake Shelton? Its been goin on for a while too. "Life in a Northern Town" Is also a favorite. I remember the first time I saw it on CMT I was simply put... in awe. It sounded perfect. Would you beleive that song was wrote by Paul Simon? It strikes you as odd at first, buyt once you think about it, it fits.
Yeah, I bought the CD in the first week and instantly gravitated to Gunpowder & Lead, and I'm glad it's getting some play.

I knew Life in a Northern Town was an update from an 80s(?) song, but Paul Simon? Haha, no idea!

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

It was an 80s song, you are correct.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

How'd you like my picks in the Country music draft Iggles? :D
Old 06-17-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My knowledge of Country Western Music and Line Dancing is dirctly proportional to my blood alchohol level.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 06:29 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
How'd you like my picks in the Country music draft Iggles? :D
They were dominant, to say the least. So far, I like your draft the most after mine, to be honest.

Old 06-18-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
They were dominant, to say the least. So far, I like your draft the most after mine, to be honest.
I'm hoping my prospect lasts till it's my turn again.. then it will be truly dominant. Lol
Old 06-18-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I'm hoping the same thing, ten bucks says were going after the same person.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I'm hoping the same thing, ten bucks says were going after the same person.
Lol i don't know. Is your pick male or female?
Old 06-18-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm hoping my prospect lasts till it's my turn again.. then it will be truly dominant. Lol
Well my prospect is...wait a minute, mind games won't work! I'll tell you if we are thinking of the same person though, you pick before me so you'll hear about it.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

btw, vote for me in the country music draft.

you heard it here folks!

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey Eagles, what would be a good album to... "get".. right now?

I'm out of touch with what's good right now, i just find myself listening to the same music i've... "gotten".

I'm a fan of Toby Kieth so maybe i'll.. "get".. his latest album
Eric Church's "Sinners Like Me".

DO IT!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree with the aforementioned!

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:37 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A newer song that I really like is "Do You Believe Me Now" by Jimmy Wayne. I'm glad I wasn't just dumped or anything otherwise it'd be pretty depressing, but seeing as that's not the case I think it's awesome.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post

you heard it here folks!
You'll have a hard time beating my super group of George Strait, Toby Keith, Brooks & Dunn, Shania Twain and the Dixie Chicks ;)
Old 06-19-2008, 07:47 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Eric Church's "Sinners Like Me".

DO IT!
YESSSSS!!!!!

Old 06-19-2008, 07:49 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:

you heard it here folks!
It will be even harder to beat Garth Brooks, Brad Paisley, Dierks Bently, Taylor Swift, and Blake Shelton!!!

Old 06-19-2008, 07:51 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe I'm admitting this, I like Trace Atkins' "You're Gonna Miss This".
Oh! and Carrie Underwood is hot. There I redeemed myself.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:35 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

you heard it here folks!

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote