Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-02-2008, 02:10 AM    (permalink
rukster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Kid Rock's Rock n Roll Jesus is amazing. It isn't all country, there is some rock and blues and hip hop, but I suggest it to any country music fan.
I love Kid Rock. His album "Cocky" was his best tho. On Rock and Roll Jesus, I like Amen the best.

Anything by Alan Jackson is great. My tops from have to be If Jesus Walked the Eart Today, Small Town Southern Man, All-american Country Boy, but nothing tops Where I come From. Right now that is the top song in Country music if you ask me, and trust me, its all I listen to.

Where I Come From- Alan Jackson
Beer for my Horses- Toby Keith (Favourite by him)
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere-Alan Jackson
Living in Fast Forward- Kenny Chesney
Two Pink Lines- Eric Church

Oh man, Brad Pailey as climbing up there for a while. His trio of Ticks, Online and Celebrity are easily his best 3 songs. Love em all.

Jeez, there so much to name, and its late, but I'll post more later.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:49 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yo rukster, go into the fantasy forum and vote for the country draft quarterfinals. Vote for me!!!:D JK man vote for who you think is the best. Theres two of them, so you have two different things to vote on.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'm not trying to bust anyone's balls as Tony Soprano would say but I've always found it a little odd when people from the northeast are country music fans. Not that there's anything wrong with that, obviously you can listen to whatever you like. I just always thought and assumed that most of the stuff they sing about in country people from the northeast would have trouble relating to. I used to think country was really only popular in the south and maybe in the midwest but since then I've realized it has a lot more widespread appeal apparently. I mean I was born and raised in Texas and didn't really become a fan of country until a couple years ago. It's kinda funny cause I hated country growing up partly because I didn't want to be painted with the stereotype of being a redneck but now I listen to it a lot partly because I really don't like most of the new rock.
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
I'm not trying to bust anyone's balls as Tony Soprano would say but I've always found it a little odd when people from the northeast are country music fans. Not that there's anything wrong with that, obviously you can listen to whatever you like. I just always thought and assumed that most of the stuff they sing about in country people from the northeast would have trouble relating to. I used to think country was really only popular in the south and maybe in the midwest but since then I've realized it has a lot more widespread appeal apparently. I mean I was born and raised in Texas and didn't really become a fan of country until a couple years ago. It's kinda funny cause I hated country growing up partly because I didn't want to be painted with the stereotype of being a redneck but now I listen to it a lot partly because I really don't like most of the new rock.
My girlfriend lives on a farm and got me into it. I used to despise it, but now it's my favorite.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lately, i think it has become increasingly easier for people to relate to Country music. Not a knock on artists these days, the music is still great, but it's no longer the same type of music it was before. Even then, i think just about anyone can listen to Garth Brooks and George Strait and really feel that music. And that's because they're still more of the old-school type of guys. If you've ever had love problems, you can relate to the majority of Country music.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Lately, i think it has become increasingly easier for people to relate to Country music. Not a knock on artists these days, the music is still great, but it's no longer the same type of music it was before. Even then, i think just about anyone can listen to Garth Brooks and George Strait and really feel that music. And that's because they're still more of the old-school type of guys. If you've ever had love problems, you can relate to the majority of Country music.
Yeah that's true and I realized that when I actually started listening to country but I was talking a little more in terms of the country songs that are religious or pro war in nature. I hope that's not considered getting political or religious I'm not stating an opinion on those topics, just making a general point.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah that's true and I realized that when I actually started listening to country but I was talking a little more in terms of the country songs that are religious or pro war in nature. I hope that's not considered getting political or religious I'm not stating an opinion on those topics, just making a general point.
Yeah, i see where you're coming from. For the most part i'm a Toby Keith fan, but some of his songs aren't really my type. Dixie Chicks are great also, and they're very politically inclined as well.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread should have died along with the old one.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Keep posting on it and you'll make sure it doesn't.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard a decent Kid Rock track today. sampled Sweet Home Alabama and American Werewolf in London. decent track. he should stick to those types of tracks.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I heard a decent Kid Rock track today. sampled Sweet Home Alabama and American Werewolf in London. decent track. he should stick to those types of tracks.
Do you know the name of the song, btw? So i can .. "get" it..
Old 07-02-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No I dont know that name of the track. It was pretty good though.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

ALL SUMMER LONG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUaP7LoppGw
Quote:
Old 07-02-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Country music is awesome because you actually have to listen to the lyrics, and they make you think a lot. Not so much for other styles.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Country music is awesome because you actually have to listen to the lyrics, and they make you think a lot. Not so much for other styles.

Country music is widely about love or trucks or ******* llamas. Underground hip hop has the best lyrics.
Quote:
Old 07-02-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Country music is widely about love or trucks or ******* llamas. Underground hip hop has the best lyrics.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH that's a classic. Country>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>underground hip hop, above ground hip hop and whatever other types of ground hip hops there are.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH that's a classic. Country>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>underground hip hop, above ground hip hop and whatever other types of ground hip hops there are.
Haha! I've given too much reputation in the last 24 hours, but i'll give you a rain check!

And you're right about the lyrics. Country has a way bigger concentration on the lyrical aspect of it, as opposed to other music that has you paying attention to beats, bass lines, guitar solos, ___ solo's.. The only thing i love outside of the lyrics from country music is the steel guitar. Love that damn thing.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

obivously you dont know hip hop at all sniper
Quote:
Old 07-02-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's unfair to make a blanket generalization like that about country just like it would be to make a similar generalization about hip hop. I used to think just like you about country but when you actually listen to it longer than 5 minutes you see that's really not true. You can easily cite bad and good examples from every genre of music.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
My most -repped comment ever. It's called preference, people! ;)
Old 07-02-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
It's unfair to make a blanket generalization like that about country just like it would be to make a similar generalization about hip hop. I used to think just like you about country but when you actually listen to it longer than 5 minutes you see that's really not true. You can easily cite bad and good examples from every genre of music.
very true

:)
Quote:
Old 07-02-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

http://new.music.yahoo.com/videos/Er...ning--51764792

Sick vid, sick song
Old 07-02-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
rukster

That Kid Rock song is a sick one. I love it. Kid Rock is definately up there as one of my favourites of all time.

As I look at my iTunes, my top played songs are

1. Lonesom USA- Jason Aldean (Cant believe I forgot to mention it yesterday, but yeah, this is always on in the car)
2. God Blessed Texas- Little Texas
3. Where I Come From- Alan Jackson
4. All-American Country Boy- Alan Jackson
5. That Kind of Girl- Patty Loveless
Old 07-03-2008, 06:44 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I listen to pretty much only country, and for the most part, I prefer not to listen to hip hop or rap, but some of the lyrics that they write are just as good as country, granted its about completely different things, but you listen to an Eminem album and tell me that guy con't write a song, and I'll show you a person who is either (a) so close-minded that even the thought of anything different makes them want to explode or (b) someone who is oblivious to actual talent. You are right though, for the most part, anything about going to da club and findin b*tches and h*es doesn't appeal to me, and talking about partying really doesn't take much skill or talent.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:46 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I had written another REALLY long thing in this thread about the war and religion stuff yesterday at work, but the computer unexplainably shut down and lost it in the process of me posting the meessage. I was sooo pissed when I saw it didn't make it on here, but you guys covered some of the things I would have spoken about so I'm not gonna spend the time and effort to try to redo that.