Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 06-20-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Eagles own the NFC East
Veteran

Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.Eagles own the NFC East is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
He dropped because of character concerns, so I don't know what point you are getting at. As long as the police aren't discovering guns in his kitchen, or he's making it rain in strip clubs with bullets, the fact that he dropped isn't much of an issue.

You have the same RESPONSIBILITY of protecting your qb's blindside, but other than that it is completely different. The technique with your feet and hands has to change to make the transition from right tackle to left.
Yeah your right with different technique but he still has the same responsibility and duty at the LT position as he did at RT in college. His character issues weren't that big in college. It was like pretending to threaten people using a fake gun? Ok that is pretty stupid lol but his immaturity wasn't the only reason he dropped that much. As fans, we never get the real inside scoop of why all of a sudden out of nowhere players drop on draft day, there was probably more to it, GM's probably thought he didn't have the talent worthy of a top 10 pick.

I agree with you though he is more of an RT then LT. At worse he will give us great depth at both positions if he doesn't become a starter which isn't bad at all.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Absolutely correct, on both counts. He has the rsponsibility, but technique is different. I do think however, that it would be possible for him to still be a LT, as he is talented enough to do all of the things required to be a LT. I still think he's better suited as a RT for us, but LT isn't completely out of the question.
He was being beat by Jermome McDougle in camp, he was being beat by everyone in camp. I do not think he has the talent to play LT or RT.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
He was being beat by Jermome McDougle in camp, he was being beat by everyone in camp. I do not think he has the talent to play LT or RT.
where is the link for this
Old 06-20-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

I don't remember where I read it, it was on a blog but It happened and if I find it again I will post it. But then again it was a blog so, maybe it was a exaggeration. But I wouldn't be suprised, especially after the Giants game. I'd imagine his confidence is shot down.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Once again, not true. I remember on the eagles site one of the wirters named him the offensive performer of the day. Don't beleive things you read on blogs. If your going to post things like that, check it out first to see if they are VALID. Don't just be a sheep and just single-mindedly agree and then spread the sheep sh*t.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:26 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

I'm not going to lie, and I am completely serious when I say this....

IMO, I think that the Eagles have a better d-line than the Giants. I think the Eagles are better at DE as well.

I think the Giants are going to feel the loss of Strahan, alot. Everyone says oh, well the Giants have Tuck to replace Strahan. Thats all fine and dandy but who replaces Tuck?

On the other hand you've got the Eagles, who are now stacked at DE.

Trent Cole = Osi Umenyiora
Victor Abiamiri < Justin Tuck
Chris Clemons > Wallace Gilberry
Jaqua Parker > Robert Henderson
Darren Howard > Renaldo Wynn
Bryan Smith > Dave Tollefson

Broderick Bunkley = Barry Cofield
Mike Patterson > Fred Robbins
Trevor Laws = Jay Alford
Montae Reagor > Rodney Leslie
Kimo Von Olheffen > Nate Robinson

Overall, the Eagles and Giants are pretty even at the top but the Eagles have better depth IMO. Of course all of this is on paper so, you never know how things are going to work out on the field when the game is on.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:39 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We one of our DE turns into a good bull rusher then I'll be happy and well have better DEs/line then the giants
Old 07-03-2008, 08:00 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not going to lie, and I am completely serious when I say this....

IMO, I think that the Eagles have a better d-line than the Giants. I think the Eagles are better at DE as well.

I think the Giants are going to feel the loss of Strahan, alot. Everyone says oh, well the Giants have Tuck to replace Strahan. Thats all fine and dandy but who replaces Tuck?

On the other hand you've got the Eagles, who are now stacked at DE.

Trent Cole = Osi Umenyiora
Victor Abiamiri < Justin Tuck
Chris Clemons > Wallace Gilberry
Jaqua Parker > Robert Henderson
Darren Howard > Renaldo Wynn
Bryan Smith > Dave Tollefson

Broderick Bunkley = Barry Cofield
Mike Patterson > Fred Robbins
Trevor Laws = Jay Alford
Montae Reagor > Rodney Leslie
Kimo Von Olheffen > Nate Robinson

Overall, the Eagles and Giants are pretty even at the top but the Eagles have better depth IMO. Of course all of this is on paper so, you never know how things are going to work out on the field when the game is on.
Its hard to gauge guys who haven't played yet, so I would take Smith and Laws off of that list, even though Laws will be better than Alford, IMO. I'm a huge Penn State fan, so those are two examples of homerism negating eachother, haha. I agree with pretty much all on there except to be honest, I think Bunkley is better than Cofield and Cole is just a hair below Osi, but its nearly equal.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Its hard to gauge guys who haven't played yet, so I would take Smith and Laws off of that list, even though Laws will be better than Alford, IMO. I'm a huge Penn State fan, so those are two examples of homerism negating eachother, haha. I agree with pretty much all on there except to be honest, I think Bunkley is better than Cofield and Cole is just a hair below Osi, but its nearly equal.
Bunkley is by far better than Cofield.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:29 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Bunkley is by far better than Cofield.
There is no doubt about that at all in my mind.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:12 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Cole and Osi are equal, and if not I'd say that Cole is a hair above Osi. I was not all that impressed by Osi this season, his stats were just very inflated by getting to go up against Justice in that unmemorable game. AND don't forget that Osi had a legit threat in Strahan across from him, which Cole lacked, yet Trent Cole's production was great.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:59 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

I agree cunningham, also Cole is EXTREMELY underrated against the run.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:15 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

That is something that people forget about Cole. In fact Cole is for the Eagles what Jevon Kearse was SUPPOSED to be. Cole is great against the run, and much better than Osi. Yes his sack stats were a littel inflated for that one game, but two years ago he had a very solid year as well.