Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-03-2008, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I listen to pretty much only country, and for the most part, I prefer not to listen to hip hop or rap, but some of the lyrics that they write are just as good as country, granted its about completely different things, but you listen to an Eminem album and tell me that guy con't write a song, and I'll show you a person who is either (a) so close-minded that even the thought of anything different makes them want to explode or (b) someone who is oblivious to actual talent. You are right though, for the most part, anything about going to da club and findin b*tches and h*es doesn't appeal to me, and talking about partying really doesn't take much skill or talent.
It's not like I mind some hip-hop. I just find country to be superior.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 07:48 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
It's not like I mind some hip-hop. I just find country to be superior.
So do I, no doubt, but there is a lot of hip hop and rap anrists that I can respect because they are good writers and talented.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When the hell did Jewel become a country singer???

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finals of the country music draft are set up: Myself vs. MetSox
Old 07-03-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
When the hell did Jewel become a country singer???
Almost tw0o years ago now I think. Now I don't know when she atrated recording her Album, but I remember her singing at a nascar race last year, I just don't remember which one, it may have been one of the Daytona races, but I'm not sure.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Finals of the country music draft are set up: Myself vs. MetSox
Chalk another one up for me.... lol
Old 07-07-2008, 06:35 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Bringing this up to the first page, I don't want it to get lost... I was camping this weekend (sort of) and there was a country line daning thing going on and that was pretty fun. With my love for country music I've never done any of the dances. There were a bunvch of people at this campsite who were complaining about country music being there two nights in a row, and the performers (if thats what they could be called) on the second night were atrocious. We ended up putting in Tracce Adkins Greates hits CD in and had that blasting over the sound of "Tammy Lee" and Dale "Country Hank" Roth yodeling and making cat sounds. Needless to say I think those talentless slobs were a littel pissed. But we didn't care, becuase they were actually performing karaoke style with a prompter to read off of. People were asking me how I could like sh*t like that, but I had to explain that is not what country is about. Once "Honkytonk Badonkydonk" and Rough and Ready" were going they understood.

Old 07-07-2008, 11:33 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone listen to my select bands yet? :' (bogue smoking smiley)

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:05 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I haven't had the opportunity to look them up, but one of my friends had a Lucero song on his ipod. I heard the song and I was like that sounds pretty cool. I asked him who it was and he told me it was Lucero, and I was like sh*t man, I've heard of them, but I never heard their music. I don't know what song it was though, and he only had that one song. I've got to ask him and I'll see about finding that out. It isn't like normal country, but it has enough of it for me to get the country thing going. It was funny, because my friend normally listens to punk rock and it took me off a little bit because he doesn't really listen to anything country.

Old 07-08-2008, 07:06 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Just texted my buddy and he told me the song was Kiss the Bottle.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahh yeah Kiss The Bottle is epic.

Lucero is a country band that doubles as a punk band. People call it "cow punk"

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:07 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Has anybody heard Toby Keith's new song "Never Seen Her Cry"? I don't know if that is the title, but it is something along those lines, I've only heard it once and I really like it. Also, I heard Kid Rock's "All Summer Long" on country radio the first time yesterday. Anyone else here this a long time ago. I was hoping this would make it to Cat Country, but I wasn't sure if it would. Also, is it just me or are the radios playing "All I Wanna Do" WAAAAAAAY too much?

Old 07-09-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'd recommend the Randy Rogers Band. I'm not sure how well known they are or if they're played outside Texas or the southwest but the couple of songs I've heard I've really liked. The most popular I guess are kiss me in the dark and one more goodbye.
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:08 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I haven't heard of them, but I will definitely keep an eye out for them I'm a great distance away though, so that shouldn't really be a surprise. Hopefully I can hear their music some day, I always love finding a new signer or group to listen to. Look up Leechboy, that is also someone local that I've mentioned before, but I know everyone would like his music.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Eric Church's video for Lightning is baller as ****. That is all.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I saw that in January on CMT Pure, and in all honesty, both me and my buddy were choked up because of it.

Old 07-10-2008, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I saw that in January on CMT Pure, and in all honesty, both me and my buddy were choked up because of it.
Yeah man, it's the truth. It's on launch.yahoo.com, if you ever want to watch it again. And YouTube has a lot of his concert performances in small places, and they're pretty damn good for live. The quality of video isn't the best, but the audio usually is good enough. Check it out. His studio versions are straight up sick.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:45 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

It was on a digital cable station, and I saw it about four or five times in a week. But that was at a house I was watching for my aunt, so I haven't seen it since then, but it actually impacted me that much that I remember the whole thing. There is so much from that song that I will remember forever.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone heard of craven country jamboree ?

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:34 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

No, but when I get around to checking out fisch's bands I will look into yours and the Randy Rogers band. Is CCJ (abbreviations are nice) a pure country band, or are they infused (love that word) with other styles?

Old 07-15-2008, 08:25 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zGyIdlvzpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoBlryfjlCc

Not sure if I posted those links correctly but those are videos of Randy Rogers Band.
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, but when I get around to checking out fisch's bands I will look into yours and the Randy Rogers band. Is CCJ (abbreviations are nice) a pure country band, or are they infused (love that word) with other styles?
CCJ is a large-ass concert in a town called craven and this year people like paul brandt, sugarland, toby keith, dierks bentley and etc. came and played... and its likes 5 days long and everyone brings out their RV's and campers and ****.

this year there was around 25,000+ people who came out and it just amazing. just get drunk for 5 days straight and do whatever you feel like.

overall, its one of thee most amazing parties ever... i think maxim rated it #3 party spot in north america.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:00 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I think I saw something on it on CMT, now that I think of it, but I was just finding a shorter way to say Craven County Jamboree. I don't know why I was under the assumption you were talking about a band, because I just saw that about two weeks ago. Luke Bryan was there if I remember correctly.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:02 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I heard something on my radio that Taylor Swift is coming out with a new Album, but I was half asleep when I heard it. I was wondering if ahyone ahd heard anything about it and new when it was coming out.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

that would be amazing.. i love taylor swift :)
havent heard anything about a new album though.

RIP, Sean Taylor.