Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-08-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Mr. Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Yay, let's get this locked!

Not one mention of the bankruptcy protection yet, so i'll bring it up, just to stay legit.

In other news, how the hell does Vick have so much debt?
Fast money doesn't last, especially when everybody knows you have it.

Last edited by Mr. Carter : 07-08-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
I want to add one thing to this thread should it get locked

If Leonard Little is still playing, Mike Vick should also be playing.
Though Leonard Little shouldnt be playing, that doesnt mean Mike Vick should be able to play. Leonard Little Shouldnt be playing, Mike Vick got what he deserved imo

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Models and Bottles View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3477573

Things aren't getting any better for Vick. Very unfortunate.
actually this was the smart thing to do, this way when he gets out he would pretty much be debt free and wont have to spend any of the money he has saved up
Old 07-08-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smart move on his part so his assets don't get frozen and all get relinqueshed or if they do he can have soem sort of protection aginst them. This is just forthe protection dosnt mean he says I have zero dollars.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Mr. Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Smart move on his part so his assets don't get frozen and all get relinqueshed or if they do he can have soem sort of protection aginst them. This is just forthe protection dosnt mean he says I have zero dollars.
What are you talking about? How does this protect his assets from being frozen?
Old 07-08-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has money just not enough to pay for everything. So he is semi protected people now can't repo his stuff
Old 07-08-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the people comparing vick to leonard little:

From wiki
Quote:
After a drunken birthday in 1998, Little crashed into and killed another motorist, Susan Gutweiler in St. Louis, MO. When tested, his blood alcohol level measured 0.19 percent, a level that exceeds the statutory level of intoxication of 0.08 in the state of Missouri.[5] Little received 90 days in jail, four years probation and 1000 hours of community service.[6]

Six years later, Little was again arrested for drunk driving and speeding.[7] The probable cause statement filed by police said Little had bloodshot and watery eyes, smelled of alcohol and failed three sobriety tests. [8] Because of Little's 1999 guilty plea to involuntary manslaughter in his drunken-driving crash case, prosecutors charged him as a persistent offender. This made it a felony case.[8] Little was acquitted of driving while intoxicated, but was convicted only of the misdemeanor speeding charge.[9]
Little served his debt to society and followed the legal process. He shoudl be playing.

If any of you have actually seen a dog fight and what happens to the animals after wards you wouldn't be saying its not a big deal. I used to box as an amatuer and I've done some martial arts, I played rugby, gridiron and league, I've hunted wild pigs, foxes and kangaroos I'm no stranger to violence and seeing what happens to those animals turned my stomach.

Vick deserves jail.

As for the asset seizing thing:

When you file for bankruptcy no one is allowed to take your primary mode of transportation or your primary place of residence and its furbishing.

In other words I could have a life sized solid gold statue of a rhino and be using it as a bed before I drive around the block in my Bugatti Veyron and you can't touch it, regardless of if I owe you 10,000,000 dollars or 10.00 dollars

Last edited by BlindSite : 07-08-2008 at 08:51 PM.
BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:04 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

90 days for killing someone is nothing

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Carter View Post
What are you talking about? How does this protect his assets from being frozen?

he is protected that is what i meant. it doesnt prevent his assets from being frozen. i was boggling my own words
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:47 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea nice kill someone, get 90 days jail. thats really fair!

Old 07-09-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
For the people comparing vick to leonard little:

From wiki
Little served his debt to society and followed the legal process. He shoudl be playing.

If any of you have actually seen a dog fight and what happens to the animals after wards you wouldn't be saying its not a big deal. I used to box as an amatuer and I've done some martial arts, I played rugby, gridiron and league, I've hunted wild pigs, foxes and kangaroos I'm no stranger to violence and seeing what happens to those animals turned my stomach.

Vick deserves jail.

As for the asset seizing thing:

When you file for bankruptcy no one is allowed to take your primary mode of transportation or your primary place of residence and its furbishing.

In other words I could have a life sized solid gold statue of a rhino and be using it as a bed before I drive around the block in my Bugatti Veyron and you can't touch it, regardless of if I owe you 10,000,000 dollars or 10.00 dollars
I think the comments directed towards Little speak more to the punishment of his crime when compared to Vick. And while I'm sure dog fights and the aftermath are gruesome, they pale in comparison to the murder of a wife and mother by a drunk driver.

Did Little serve his debt to society, I guess he did, I find the debt lacking in severity though.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman View Post
I think the comments directed towards Little speak more to the punishment of his crime when compared to Vick. And while I'm sure dog fights and the aftermath are gruesome, they pale in comparison to the murder of a wife and mother by a drunk driver.

Did Little serve his debt to society, I guess he did, I find the debt lacking in severity though.
and that is an understatement

Old 07-09-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
yea nice kill someone, get 90 days jail. thats really fair!

Before you continue your blind hatred for me, the issue here is with the judicial system in place, not with the man committing the crime.

Like it or not he still has a constitutional right to pursue happiness and work regardless of his past.

As someone who's had a family member turned into a paraplegic because of a drunk driver and saw the driver walk away with a suspended sentence I can empathise with the feeling that 90 days is nothing. I agree however I also agree that the legal system is to be followed. in this case it has been. He didn't bribe anyone and served his sentence. Sure he should probably still be behind bars, but I didn't make the ruling.

Last edited by BlindSite : 07-09-2008 at 07:37 PM.
BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Watchman
Veteran

Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.Watchman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Before you continue your blind hatred for me, the issue here is with the judicial system in place, not with the man committing the crime.

Like it or not he still has a constitutional right to pursue happiness and work regardless of his past.

As someone who's had a family member turned into a paraplegic because of a drunk driver and saw the driver walk away with a suspended sentence I can empathise with the feeling that 90 days is nothing. I agree however I also agree that the legal system is to be followed. in this case it has been. He didn't bribe anyone and served his sentence. Sure he should probably still be behind bars, but I didn't make the ruling.
My disdain on this subject is for both Little and the judicial system. I've also never liked the fact that the Rams kept the guy on their team.

My Grandfather
Watchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
No. I love dogs. I just don't like it when people like dogs more than humans, which is the case over here in America.
I didn't read the whole thread, but this post deserves a +rep...same thing is happening her in Canada, even moreso then the US IMO

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It still annoys me Little is allowed to play football and served such little jail time. What he did was waaaay worse than Vick, it's mostly insulting that he got the second DUI to show he never really learned/cared.

With that said, it's not that people like dogs more than humans... It's that humans can defend themselves, dogs/elderly/children can't. That's why crimes to those groups are viewed as so terrible in our society. With fighting dogs, they're bred to fight (oddly enough)... They never really have a chance. Virtually all of them end up killed/euthanized. To breed something to kill it for nothing other than pleasure is inexcusable.

Our society despises crimes against those who cannot defend themselves, being why Vick's case falls under that category. That and ESPN talked about it all day for like 4 months and we all got way overexposed to it. It was a terrible thing he did but it's not like he's the only one to ever do it.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
No. I love dogs. I just don't like it when people like dogs more than humans, which is the case over here in America.
People don't love dogs more than people, they just don't like it when they have dogs beat the **** out of each other and then electrocute the loser, bit of a difference.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:51 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Vick is a dumbass. I hate athletes who piss away their God given talent and all their money for stupid ass ****. Who the **** cares which dog wins? How about you spend that time in the film room? You have the physical tools to become one of the greatest QBs ever and you can always improve your mental tools. Nope. Not Michael Vick.

Speaking of which. Imagine if you combined Michael Vick's phsyical tools with Matt Ryan's intangibles.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote