Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:56 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
I didn't know the Bengals grabbed another LB named Keith Rivers later in the draft. What are the odds?
Oh oops, I was half asleep when I read 2nd round or later.

Why don't you go back to what you do best and bash LJ some more? Sarcasm isn't your strong suit.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:58 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
What happened to your rep?!?!?!?
he succumbed under his late stage of pure pantherism
Old 07-09-2008, 08:32 AM    (permalink
buckeyes4ever
Rookie

buckeyes4ever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Chad Henne, call me homer but I have always thought he was was gunna be the best QB in this draft, He has the most developed arm of all the rookies, he can make all the NFL throws he just needs to get rid of that nasty habit of trying to force things that just aren't there. Other than that he has an NFL ready LT who he trusts as he played with him for four years and during his senior season he only allowed him to get sacked once (not total sacks for the season but ones given up by Long).

Jim Tressel: "a gentlmens code only applies to gentlmen"

"they give him the lane and.... OOOOOOOOOO. LEBRON JAMES WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE!!!!!!!!!!"
buckeyes4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:43 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan View Post
Maybe not this season, but in time I am convinced Phillip Wheeler will be a smash for the Colts, until we let him go like we always do with our LB's...
agreed. Wheeler is a BAMF

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:02 AM    (permalink
jsa230
Rookie

jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jsa230 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i cant beleive nooone has mentioned calais campbell. pat lee, and reggie smith
jsa230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:06 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Marcus Henry has a chance to eventually become a good receiver. He is very raw and has a huge upside. He is fast and has good hands but he needs to learn to use his size (6'4'' 210 lbs) in order to be successful in the NFL. There are a lot of IFs with him and I think it depends on who is QB. I think he'll start the season at 4th or 5th receiver but if him and Clemens develop chemistry I think he'll turn out to be a steal (6th round)... A young inexperienced QB will like to have a big safety target for when teams are covering Coles and Cotchery.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:09 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Avril will be a beast.

Homer pick: Dwight Lowery. I think he has the potential to be the Jets version of Asante Samuel.
Yeah coaches have liked him so far and he really fits our system perfect. Unfortunately if he does play on a regular basis he'll get a lot of balls thrown his way because of Revis so hopefully he can handle it.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyes4ever View Post
Chad Henne, call me homer but I have always thought he was was gunna be the best QB in this draft, He has the most developed arm of all the rookies, he can make all the NFL throws he just needs to get rid of that nasty habit of trying to force things that just aren't there. Other than that he has an NFL ready LT who he trusts as he played with him for four years and during his senior season he only allowed him to get sacked once (not total sacks for the season but ones given up by Long).
You're a Buckeye fan, how is that homerism?

My picks..

Chad Henne
Mario Manningham
Shawn Crable
Mike Hart
Adrian Arrington
Jamar Adams

;)
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:00 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Bengals I think Andre Caldwell is gonna have a nice impact as the 3rd WR. Anthony Collins is a future starter on our OL.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:02 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Cant say anybody for the Raiders.The only guy other than McFadden who will probably make the team is Branch and so far all Ive heard about him is getting beat in coverage.But thats where poor drafting gets you.

Ryan Torain could be good with Denver this year.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Smith should have a solid carrer
Old 07-09-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

For the Saints...

I think (OG) Carl Nicks and (K) Taylor Mehlhaff will start for the Saints this season. I also expect (CB) Tracy Porter and (WR) Adrian Arrington to do well, but not until their 2nd season or so. Though, Porter could start this year.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
For the Bengals I think Andre Caldwell is gonna have a nice impact as the 3rd WR. Anthony Collins is a future starter on our OL.
I think Jerome Simpson will have more impact before Caldwell does..
Old 07-09-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweed should make a run for #3 and probably will take it from the super athletic but concentration lacking Nate Washington.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Various Cincinnati beat-writers and Palmer himself have said that Caldwell is more NFL ready than Simpson is right now. Simpson seems to have a lot of raw talent, but he's definitely a project. I believe our depth chart will go Chad > TJ > Caldwell > Maxwell > Simpson / Holt. Caldwell might return kicks and / or punts too, depending.

Either way, cinci-fans are kind of praying one of three drafted receivers can step up and replace Chris Henry, he was probably the best receiver to sit 3rd on a depth chart ><
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Either way, cinci-fans are kind of praying one of three drafted receivers can step up and replace Chris Henry, he was probably the best receiver to sit 3rd on a depth chart ><
You are completely forgetting about one of the top 50 players in the ENTIRE NFL in Wes Welker.

/sarcasm

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Calais Campbell, Matt Forte, and Kevin Smith are all good bets because they are talented players who will probably need to make an impact immediately.

For a homer pick, I think Terrance Wheatley will be a solid player. He fits into our defense well and the staff liked him enough to slightly reach on him. Plus he will probably compete for playing time early.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Homer Pick - Brandon Flowers

NFL Pick - Mike Hart
Old 07-09-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Eventually he will but Caldwell could have a big impact right away as a Returner/3rd WR. He could have a similar impact to the one Tab Perry had his rookie year.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

homer- Terrence Wheatley

NFL- Tavaris Gooden
Bigburt63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
NFL Pick - Mike Hart
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Mike Hart is awesome!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote