Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-20-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iameverywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Is it me or are there a few aliases/posters that put up really long posts? They seem to travel in packs on this forum.
Just an observation. Just look back over the blog. Certain aliases do post in packs. 12:31, 12:32, 12:33, etc....... The chances are low they are logged in at the same time unless they are one in the same.

For an example of normal posting just look at the last two pages. Time stamps are spread out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Is I am dreaming Dom Capers tonite. Belated XMas present.
????????
Response on Capers below.
Get over yourself...Noone esle here is as pathetic as you. If you think CTC is a respectable poster...then maybe you guys should find a different place to post.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

I'm confused is Iameverywhere=Cowboysforever=4.5_275_LB?
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnoyes
I'm confused is Iameverywhere=Cowboysforever=4.5_275_LB?
I think so

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Whether anybody likes it or not, I think Parcells has to leave now. I love the guy and everything he did for us. I've enjoyed seeing our rise from three consecutive 5-11 seasons. The talent level on the team is young and exciting! We've got some great talent to look forward to watching for a very long time to come.

BUT... it's time. I don't like the fact that 2 of our coaches with the knowledge of everything we do (all the ins and outs/strengths and weaknesses) went to two teams in the NFC which we will have to face next year. We already seen Sean Payton rip us apart... If Parcells is still the coach next year, you can add Seattle (DeHaven) and Atlanta (Zimmer) to the list... :evil:
I don't usually quote myself... but...

I gave it a little more thought... If we're losing assistant coaches... it may be because Parcells is telling them to find new jobs instead of firing them.

...and if we are bringing in a new OC and DC, then the guys that are leaving won't really have a heads up on our system anyways...

So it's all good... I still hope BP returns for one more run at it. I'll be stoked if we can get a good DC, QB coach and new ST guy... in addition to Henning. I'm pretty sure that Henning will be better than our co-OC combo last year. It should enable Sparano to refocus solely on the OL which is his nitch.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I gave it a little more thought... If we're losing assistant coaches... it may be because Parcells is telling them to find new jobs instead of firing them.

...and if we are bringing in a new OC and DC, then the guys that are leaving won't really have a heads up on our system anyways...

So it's all good... I still hope BP returns for one more run at it. I'll be stoked if we can get a good DC, QB coach and new ST guy... in addition to Henning. I'm pretty sure that Henning will be better than our co-OC combo last year. It should enable Sparano to refocus solely on the OL which is his nitch.
I totally agree with you on this one D-Unit, I had over the last week or so, been of the opinion that Parcells needed to go. That this year to year hostage situation was only going to continue, and it'd be nice to get a young guy in here who we knew barring a firing would be here for a number of years.

However, in thinking about things today, regardless of what we think Jerry isn't dumb, and I think he has a plan and a good one. I don't think that losing these assistants is a bad thing. I assume that they will bring in Henning to be the OC, which is a great move. While the offense may not change it should take a big burden off Parcell's shoulders and give him something he has been missing since arriving in Dallas, a Coordinator that he really trusts, and a sounding board for his decisions. I think a single voice in the play calling will be a great thing for this team. This will also give Parcells more time to focus on the defense and game management phases, areas where he excels.

The only thing I wish Parcells would do is say ok I'm coming back for this year, or this year and one more year and that’s it, I'm hanging it up. Of course if he did that his final year would probably be a media circus and take the focus off the play of the team, which I'm sure he doesn't want. In any case I’m ready to hear his decision, so we can talk about some more exciting stuff like free agency and the draft.
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those that think BP should go, just remember, you were a Romo fumble away from playing the Bears, and from judging that game, Im 90% sure you would beat them and be in the NFC championship game. So did he really do that bad of a job when you think about it?

It was one of those years. Where all the breaks go against you. We suffered the same thing this year with my team. It was just one of those years where the ball doesn't bounce your way. I think he should give it one more go to see what happens.

And remember, with a young team like Dallas, its should get better next year. Why would he let someone else take credit for his work? I would be surprised if he left, but at the same time, I wouldn't. I understand he's old, and it takes its toll. But at the same time, he seems like the type that can't let it go. So who knows.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:58 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

You've been listening to the Ranch Report haven't you?
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Quote:

Haha... no, why what are they saying there?

That Parcells told his assistants to scram?
Old 01-20-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Haha... why what are they saying there?

Yeah Mickey was saying that somebody implied that in an e-mail sent to him, in fact here is the e-mail.

Quote:
James Richard, Sulphur, La.: We've always heard that Bill knows what he's doing, that he has a plan and he's executing it even when everyone else is confused. I don't expect anyone to agree with this because it will continue to be said that we've lost brilliant coaches and how will we ever recover. My thoughts are this: Bill couldn't fire these guys, they're too good, but while making his decision he has allowed things to be shaken up a bit because I believe he realizes we need a change in the coaching staff. Call me crazy, but I think Bill is going to pull in some new coaching talent this year and allowing some of these guys to move on is convenient for everyone involved.
This wasn't you was it James?
Old 01-20-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Haha... why what are they saying there?

Yeah Mickey was saying that somebody implied that in an e-mail sent to him, in fact here is the e-mail.

Quote:
James Richard, Sulphur, La.: We've always heard that Bill knows what he's doing, that he has a plan and he's executing it even when everyone else is confused. I don't expect anyone to agree with this because it will continue to be said that we've lost brilliant coaches and how will we ever recover. My thoughts are this: Bill couldn't fire these guys, they're too good, but while making his decision he has allowed things to be shaken up a bit because I believe he realizes we need a change in the coaching staff. Call me crazy, but I think Bill is going to pull in some new coaching talent this year and allowing some of these guys to move on is convenient for everyone involved.
This wasn't you was it James?
I don't know what they are talking about there, but check to see if my post was made before anything they talked about over there...

I wouldn't be surprised if they got their stuff from me! I don't get my thoughts from other forums... Sorry, but no. I have my own mind.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if they got their stuff from me! I don't get my thoughts from other forums... Sorry, but no. I have my own mind.
It's from Mick's Mail not another forum but that's besides the point. I just like giving you crap.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
It's from Mick's Mail not another forum but that's besides the point. I just like giving you crap.
You better bring it harder than that then. 8)
Old 01-20-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Haha okay, well that ranch report was before your post so what have you got bro? Admit it, your idol is Mickey Spags 8)
Old 01-20-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Haha okay, well that ranch report was before your post so what have you got bro? Admit it, your idol is Mickey Spags 8)
Ahhh you got me. Shuckerooos... There goes my chance to look cool here by posting information I found on another forum... :? :? :?

That's so obsurd, it's funny!
Old 01-20-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Anybody watch any of the Shrine game tonight?

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 01-20-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Again D-Unit it's not another forum it's MICKS MAIL. Don't try to lie and joke your way through this.

We all know you look to Mickaroo for all your Dallas Cowboys information. :D
Old 01-21-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great point by Adam Schefter: If BP isn't coming back, why is he bothering to go to the Senior Bowl?

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9944160
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Great point by Adam Schefter: If BP isn't coming back, why is he bothering to go to the Senior Bowl?

Aside from the good indications that BP is coming back, it's great that he's going to the Senior Bowl practices. He went in 2005, and our draft turned out well. He didn't go last year, and returns are a bit more cautious there. If he's wants buy the groceries then he damn well needs to go to the supermarket! :D
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Yep. I saw that. Adam is very reliable. The more he reports the more I like him. Mort doesn't deserve to lick the ground Schefter walks on.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:56 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Nice find. That is a good point, too. Now I'm almost totally convinced that he's coming back.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_489602.html

Grimm?? Alright, what the hell's going on in Pittsburgh?

Albert Camus
Old 01-21-2007, 12:07 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't been around much lately so pardon me if this has been posted before....

I personally feel that Parcells is coming back (which I posted many months ago after Romo took over the reigns).

I also wonder if anyone has watched the 'Americas Game #13 : 86 Giants' episode. If you have you'll be impressed. I also think that Parcells should show that 1 hr clip to all of his players this offseason. It was fantastic. It shows how much he really cares about his players and championships.

Also, I think we do make a big splash in FA in the DB. I think that the only big name player we may sign in the offseason will be either a FS ( Ken Hamlin as an example) or at CB (Nate Clements, Asante Samuel, etc). I would be very surprised if we didn't go after a HUGE signing in the DB.

There really aren't any other defensive FA's that I think fit our scheme that are top names. Maybe some mid level signings but nothing more on that side of the ball.

Offensively, I think we sign a mid level OL or two. Nothing big, but we do sign some depth. I don't think we go out and sign a big name RB or WR or QB and certainly not TE. So the only place we really have money worth spending is in the DB. Why not give Asante Samuel or Nate Clements HUGE money?

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want either Ken Hamlin or Asante Samuel, depending on what we decide to do with Anthony Henry. I also think we adress guard in FA. Also some depth, so I don't see us going after a ton of big players, just two. That should save us some money.

BoneKrusher
Old 01-21-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99
Offensively, I think we sign a mid level OL or two. Nothing big, but we do sign some depth. I don't think we go out and sign a big name RB or WR or QB and certainly not TE. So the only place we really have money worth spending is in the DB. Why not give Asante Samuel or Nate Clements HUGE money?
Don't you think we're going after a high-profile guard such as Steinbach, Dockery or Dielman?

And is Hamlin a good cover guy?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99
Don't you think we're going after a high-profile guard such as Steinbach, Dockery or Dielman?

And is Hamlin a good cover guy?
I haven't had an opportunity to watch him alone personally, but I've heard that he is

BoneKrusher