Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
xooberon
Veteran

xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.

also didn't charles grant get indicted on manslaughter charges? anyone know what happened with that?
xooberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Giants Super Bowl curse? Isn't the curse if you LOSE the Super Bowl?

and saintsfan, counting on rookies *** and Porter and CB? That's a hole right there. A 2nd rounder and a late rounder who went to Loserville? That's hardly a top 15 defense, and I wouldn't consider NO a top 3 offense either...
It's more of a prediction. I wouldn't say that right now, no.

And Porter was one of the top man coverage corners in the draft.

Last edited by SaintsMan : 07-12-2008 at 10:19 PM.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
It's more of a prediction. I wouldn't say that right now, no.

And Porter was one of the top man coverage corners in the draft.
Ok, I was just checking.

And even so, he's still small, fairly raw and a rookie. You can't depend all too much on a rookie, but I do like him alot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Giants Super Bowl curse? Isn't the curse if you LOSE the Super Bowl?

and saintsfan, counting on rookies *** and Porter and CB? That's a hole right there. A 2nd rounder and a late rounder who went to Loserville? That's hardly a top 15 defense, and I wouldn't consider NO a top 3 offense either...
But you would consider Brian Leonard a top 3 RB right? lol
Old 07-12-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tennessee(7-9) Young simply doesn't have the weapons around him to get any higher. Watch out when he does
I just don't understand this logic. They added Crumpler and Chris Johnson and, unlike last offseason, didn't lose any WR/TE of note. They also added an actual proven NFL OC who won't fight against VY's skillset. So they didn't get worse on offense, basically, and likely got a little better. How then does that mean 10-6 to 7-9?

Not saying it can't happen, but I don't see the reasoning stated. If the Titans go backwards, it will most likely be because their D falls behind or their running game suffers, or both. The 'VY weapons' thing is just so overstated when it really isn't the biggest factor for the team as a whole.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

kmartin575 smells like sex panther.

Would love to hear an explanation as to why a Chiefs team that IMO is better than last years team is going to do worse with an easier schedule. It's even more questionable when you consider the fact that the Chiefs were 4-3 in first place in the AFC West before Larry Johnson went down last season. With LJ back and healthy and with even more talent at runningback I don't see why this is a worse team than the one we had last year.
kmartin575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
I guess the Colts' defense 2 years ago was good? Negative.
They was great in the playoffs thats were it counts

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only big weakness on the Saints defense is Free Safety and Weak Side Linebacker. Other than that, maybe Right Corner Back for those that don't believe in Randall *** or Tracy Porter. Also, all of the above mentioned positions will be there for the taking in training camp. The rest of the defense is pretty much set.

RDE, Will Smith
DT, Brian Young
NT, Sedrick Ellis
LDE, Charles Grant / Bobby McCray

WLB, Scott Shanle
MLB, Jonathan Vilma
SLB, Scott Fujita

FS, Josh Bullocks
SS, Roman Harper

RCB, Randall ***
LCB, Mike McKenzie

I'm not saying this group is going to be top 10 but I think we can get to the super bowl with a top 3 offense and top 15 defense.
I have been thinking likewise. With *** and Porter to contend at RCB and Vilma and Ellis up the middle of that defense, I think we can expect them to be a very good defense, at least a good enough one to win the conference if their offense stays healthy and plays like 2006. Saints will be one of the 4 best NFC teams this year. I had the same feeling about Tampa last year that I have about New Orleans this year, and I was dead on about the Bucs.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know arizona can't win the division tiebreaker over seattle based on SOS, they can only win the tie breaker by head to head and after that division win pct. and after that conference win pct. and after that head to head vs like opponents.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't broke down all the games and records and what not but....

AFC Division Winners:
East- New England (of course) (Note: I could be bold and go with the Jets, but I'm not that ballsy)
North- Pittsburgh (nobody else I see that can contend...not sold on CLE)
South-Indianapolis (once again....)
West- San Diego (easy pickings)

Wild Cards - NY Jets, Jacksonville
Just Missed - Tennessee, Houston, Oakland, Buffalo, Cleveland

NFC Division Winners
East - Dallas (although not sure they'll be a shoe-in as the East is sooooo tough)
North - Minnesota (barely)
South- New Orleans (D is getting better...besides won't need a lot of D in the NFC when you got an O like they do)
West - Seattle (nobody ready to take over the division)

Wild Cards - Philadelphia, NY Giants
Just missed - Arizona, Green Bay, Carolina

Playoffs:
1st Round:
#3 Indy vs. #6 NY Jets
#4 Pitt vs. #5 Jacksonville

#1 NE, #2 SD (Byes)

#3 New Orleans vs. #6 NY Giants
#4 Seattle vs. #5 Philadelphia

#1 Minnesota, #2 Dallas (Byes)

2nd Round:
#3 Indy vs. #2 San Diego
#5 Jacksonville vs. #1 NE

#3 New Orleans vs. #2 Dallas
#5 Philadelphia vs. #1 Minnesota

Conf. Championships
#3 Indy vs. #1 NE
#3 NO vs. #1 Minnesota

SUPER BOWL:
#3. Indy vs. #3 NO

CHAMPS: INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Of course...this is very preliminary as I've not had a chance to really break down schedules and what not... As soon as I do, I'll post a better opinion.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.

AFC Division champs-
Patriots
Chargers
Colts
Steelers
Wild Card-
Jaguars
Bills
-------------
Playoffs-
-------------
Jaguars over Steelers
Colts over Bills
--------------------
Jags over Patriots
Chargers over Colts
--------------------
Chargers over Jaguars

NFC
Division Champs-
Packers
Giants
Bucs
Seahawks
Wild Card-
Saints
Vikings
Playoffs
----------
Vikings over Bucs
Saints over Seahawks
----------
Vikings over Packers
Giants over Saints
----------
Vikings over Giants

Superbowl
Chargers over Vikings
Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
It's called Auto Fellatio!
Gatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW:

I know Buffalo had a pretty good 07 season all things considered, but being ranked 30th in total offense, and 31st in total defense leads me to believe that the '08 season will not be so kind.

As a bettor, I hope Buffalo is overvalued, and I will be heavy on the Seahawks in the opener.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:48 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know I really don't see the Saints being a whole lot better than their record last year.

Duece will help the running game only if he can stay healthy which I highly doubt given his track record. He's the Saint's offensive version of Dan Morgan absolutley brilliant when on the field, but never on the field.

The defense might be improving but there are still big holes in the pass defense even if Porter learns the playbook and takes over the starting role. There's also the matter on the defensive line of having on of their star defensive ends on manslaughter charges.

I think the Saints have the potential to be the power house of the NFC:South, but there's a lot of holes on that defense that will need to be covered up if they're to win the division and win in the playoffs.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 05:08 AM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
You know arizona can't win the division tiebreaker over seattle based on SOS, they can only win the tie breaker by head to head and after that division win pct. and after that conference win pct. and after that head to head vs like opponents.
I don't think conference wins matter. I remember last year when we were trying to decide who would get the 3rd, 4th, and 5th picks in the draft we thought Oakland might finish ahead of KC because of a better conference record but what matters was record against common opponents and KC had a better record so we had to pick behind Oakland.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:41 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only big weakness on the Saints defense is Free Safety and Weak Side Linebacker. Other than that, maybe Right Corner Back for those that don't believe in Randall *** or Tracy Porter. Also, all of the above mentioned positions will be there for the taking in training camp. The rest of the defense is pretty much set.

RDE, Will Smith
DT, Brian Young
NT, Sedrick Ellis
LDE, Charles Grant / Bobby McCray

WLB, Scott Shanle
MLB, Jonathan Vilma
SLB, Scott Fujita

FS, Josh Bullocks
SS, Roman Harper

RCB, Randall ***
LCB, Mike McKenzie

I'm not saying this group is going to be top 10 but I think we can get to the super bowl with a top 3 offense and top 15 defense.
Seriously, if you dont even know how good your guys gonna play in that system. How do you know that they are going to be good? As i see it, they are still gonna be destroyed by a good pass offense and i wouldnt put my money on them as long as i havent seen that secondary play

@kmartin: I think there is a difference in determining Draft Picks and Playoff seeds

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
I don't think conference wins matter. I remember last year when we were trying to decide who would get the 3rd, 4th, and 5th picks in the draft we thought Oakland might finish ahead of KC because of a better conference record but what matters was record against common opponents and KC had a better record so we had to pick behind Oakland.
draft order uses strength of schedule. For playoff spots they use division records and conference records.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Seriously, if you dont even know how good your guys gonna play in that system. How do you know that they are going to be good? As i see it, they are still gonna be destroyed by a good pass offense and i wouldnt put my money on them as long as i havent seen that secondary play

@kmartin: I think there is a difference in determining Draft Picks and Playoff seeds

Those tie breakers were for who finished ahead in the division. Oakland only picked behind us because they finished behind us in the division.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
kmartin575
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
draft order uses strength of schedule. For playoff spots they use division records and conference records.
KC, Oakland, and Atlanta all had the same opponent win percentage (not strength of schedule) so they went to divisional tie breaker next.
Old 07-13-2008, 03:41 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
KC, Oakland, and Atlanta all had the same opponent win percentage (not strength of schedule) so they went to divisional tie breaker next.
Opponent winning percentage is strength of schedule.