Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-15-2008, 02:21 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
Kwame Harris has been at right tackle usually facing inferior pass rushers. Statistically comparing a right tackle and a left tackle is pointless.
And Sims was a G in 06 before that year they both played LT and their stats were similar.
The difference being Harris was better at run blocking and didnt false start as much.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:28 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
D'Brick's biggest problem is his weight problem. Thats a metabolism thing and like anyone else his should slow down in time.

D'Brick's pass protection problems are exaggerated by that completely BS stat I constantly see. So many of those sacks attributed to D'Brick on that play are due to stunts meant to attack our LG's. D'Brick has played with mediocre at best G's next to him, and I just can't buy that he gave up the 10-13 (depends on the source) sacks those stats say he did. I can think of at least two in one game (Titans) where the Titans ran stunts with KVB where he blew past and through Clarke like nothing.

He looks bigger than ever this year...yea I'm a little excited to see our O-line this year....
yeh in all fairness tennessee were running alot of stunts etc with fat al and KVB

so i can agree with that
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Bengals can return to '05 form as far as run blocking is concerned. This is Ghiaciuc's make or break year here but the rest of the line(when healthy) can be dominant.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Thats a terrible list. I would rank them like this

1. CLE
2. SD
3. NE
4. JAG
5. IND
6. TEN
7. JET
8. BUF
9. CIN
10. DEN
11. PIT
12. TEX
13. OAK
14. KC
15. BAL
16. MIA
I see you're not a fan of lighter, quicker linemen that rely more on technique than physicality.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Raiders fans must be scared sh*tless..... Kwame Brown. Thats right Kwame Brown will be protecting (holidng on for dear life) their bluechip QB and blocking for their expensive stable of backs.... Good luck....
Kwame Brown vs. Kwame Harris...the ultimate battle.

for the record, Brown wins, but only because he throws a cake at the buzzer.
CC.SD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I make the Kwame Brown/Harris mistake all the time too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I see you're not a fan of lighter, quicker linemen that rely more on technique than physicality.
in all fairness he did have Cleveland #1 and Steinbach and Thomas fit that description (even though the rest of their line is totally the opposite)
Old 07-16-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
jriles0522
Veteran

jriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
That group looked absolutely sick for a bunch of guys working for the first time together...I can only hope Faneca does for the Jets left side what Steinbach did to the Browns.

It might be a tad extreme but I'll stand by it. They're too talented.
Scouts, Inc. had the Browns offensive line ranked No. 1. Stating that while most teams have 4 starting caliber lineman, the browns have 7 or 8. Also, that Joe Thomas will probably establish himself as the game's premier lineman by the end of the season.

sig by BoneKrusher
jriles0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriles0522 View Post
Scouts, Inc. had the Browns offensive line ranked No. 1. Stating that while most teams have 4 starting caliber lineman, the browns have 7 or 8. Also, that Joe Thomas will probably establish himself as the game's premier lineman by the end of the season.
Not as long as Jason Peters is in a NFL Uniform
Old 07-16-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're forgetting a lot of already established talent in SD and New Orleans, so calm down a little there guys.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriles0522 View Post
...and to think if Lecharles Bentley hadn't gotten injured...