Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-14-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
I take the Dallas WR OL and RBs over Favres WRs OL and RBs. And especially the TE
Pack fans wont. Go ahead an ask them.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Boy View Post
So basically you like Romo more because you're a homer?

Like I've said, Favre played just as well as Romo except his running game wasn't as consistent and he didn't self-destruct like Romo did against the Bills.

Also, why are you talking about Favre being a gunslinger who will always throw the big interception when Romo is the exact same, except worse (last season)?
Favre self destructed against the cowboys.

Only difference is when romo "self destructed" against the bills he lead his team back to WIN the game.

Like I said about the running game...OK are you ready? Try to listen this time.... The majority of the rush yards for the dallas cowboys came in the 4th quarter in blow out situations. Marion Barber made the runs. People were comparing him to a closer in baseball. Closers come in to finish a game with a lead.

Romo won our games with his arm, just as Farve did. The only difference is that romo was better.

EDIT: Agree to disagree. My personal preference is different than yours.

Last edited by Burns336 : 07-14-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
1. Johnny Unitas
2. Joe Montana
3. Dan Marino
4. Roger Staubach
5. John Elway
Roger the Dodger over guys like Baugh, Graham, Tarkenton, Favre, Fouts?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Joe Montana
2) Dan Marino
3) John Elway
4) Fran Tarkenton (feels like he never gets any love)
5) Johnny Unitas

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
flave1969
Rookie

flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.flave1969 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post

I always forget Staubach. He was a great QB maybe not Top 5 but a winner pure and simple. Didn't become a starter until his 29th Birthday after coming out of the forces.
flave1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

1. Johnny Unitas
2. Joe Montana
3. Dan Marino
4. John Elway
5. Sammy Baugh
Old 07-17-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
It's more of a personal preference than anything, as none of us is really has an expert opinion on this subject.

Tarkenton and Fouts weren't even a consideration for me, considering how abysmally bad they were in the postseason. In 11 playoff games, Tarkenton through 11 touchdowns compared to 17 interceptions. Fouts, in 7 games, had 12 touchdowns and 16 interceptions.

Postseason play is huge for me, simply because it's the only play that really matters. It tells how a player performs against elite competition when a season is on the line and not about padding statistics against weak and inferior teams for half of the season. I made a post on here once (can't find it now but I'm trying) where I made postseason statistics of great quarterbacks past and present. If you add all their stats from the postseason gamelogs, you'll usually get around 10-16 games, which is almost a season's worth of statistics. Then, compare them to each other.

Like I said before, too, I always forget about Otto Graham. You could easily make an argument for him, Baugh, and Favre.

Staubach is a personal favorite of mine. If he would have gotten to play an entire career instead of a shortened one (from the time he spent in the military), I personally believe he'd be a lock for top five on most peoples' lists.

I really am gonna try to find that old post, though.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warren Moon FTW

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1-Brett Favre
2-Fran Tarkenton
3-Dan Marino
4-John Elway
5-Johnny Unitas
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Montana
2) Elway
3) Sid '**** it I'm going Deep' Luckman.
4) Favre
5) Montana

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
luee
Rookie

luee smells like sex panther.luee smells like sex panther.

Got to go mostly modern at the top, brain power is needed to read sophisticated defenses.

Brady
P. Manning
Montana
Elway
Unitas
luee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My List:
1. Joe Montana
2. John Elway
3. Brett Favre
4. Dan Marino
5. Tom Brady
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:27 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
1) Montana
2) Elway
3) Sid Luckman.
4) Favre
5) Montana
Damn right.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote