Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

View Poll Results: Who will Win the AFC East?
Bills 3 60.00%
Patriots 2 40.00%
Dolphins 0 0%
Jets 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Pacific
Rookie

Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.Pacific is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Is this the same Jason Peters who went from #7 overall to being put at guard to being benched to almost being released to getting a starting job?
I think you're thinking of Mike Williams.
Old 06-18-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific View Post
I think you're thinking of Mike Williams.
Yep, what a bust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Great Article on Whitner "Whitner Homes in on McKelvin"

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bi...ry/375809.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great article. I love reading things like that.

It's great because a lot of rookies find themselves with a lot of money fast and that can really screw them up for the long term. It's good that Whitner had a guy like Vincent and it's good that McKelvin has a guy like Whitner to bring him back down to reality.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nice article....I love Whitner. +rep for u sir
Old 07-03-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bills extend Kyle Williams

Bills signed DT Kyle Williams to a three-year, $14.5 million extension through 2012, according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

$5.7 million is guaranteed. Williams has played strictly nose tackle in coordinator Perry Fewell's Tampa 2 since being drafted in '05, but worked as a three technique during OTAs. We doubt he'll win that job over John McCargo and Spencer Johnson, but should remain a key rotational piece.

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 07-04-2008, 11:47 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

100% deservant of this extension

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

The Bills are really deep at DT, they're gonna have to start investing in some ends though.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:47 AM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Anyone Going To Camp?

I am probably going this year. Has any of you guys gone to the camps before? I highly suggest it.... Moorman was stretching 3 feet infront of me. And I got my hat autographed by Lynch, Poz, Edwards last year.... pretty sweet hat.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:54 PM    (permalink
heavyduty
Rookie

heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we HAVE TO pay him the money he deserves and lock him up for 5-6 years. He is a Top 5 OT in the league, still young, and ridiculously athlectic/great in pass protection. We sign him and Evans in the offseason and we are good.
"it won't change not one way how I play this week no matter what the fine is. You can't stop playing defense the way defense has always been created to play." - Ray Lewis after being fined $20,000 for hit on Hines Ward

Let's Go BUFFALO!
heavyduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to sign Evans before the offseason. Deal with Evans first and hope Peters' monetary desires don't keep him off the field, he'll get his raise.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I worked at camp in 2004. I'd watch the practices during lunch and had a few hearty convos with my fav, Brian Moorman

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Default Bills sign Hardy

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6252

Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-28-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
johnstonolb
Rookie

johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.johnstonolb is a cocksman.
Default Donte Whitner ... Worth It

Do you guys think Whitner is proving out his selection in the draft?

Curious to get fans read. I loved his play but profess not to be objective.

Thoughts?
johnstonolb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2008 NFL Preview: AFC East - Buffalo Bills

AFC East

2.Buffalo Bills

2.1 Draft Outlook

1. (11) Leodis McKelvin – CB – Troy
2. (41) James Hardy – WR – Indiana
3. (72) Chris Ellis – DE – Virginia Tech
4. (114) Reggie Corner – CB – Akron
4. (132) Derek Fine – TE – Kansas
5. (147) Alvin Bowen – OLB – Iowa State
6. (179) Xavier Omon – RB – Northwest Missouri State
7. (219) Demetrius Bell – OT – Northwestern State
7. (224) Steve Johnson – WR – Kentucky
7. (251) Kennard Cox – DB – Pittsburgh

Analysis: The Bills did a pretty nice job in taking care of perhaps their three most pressing needs in the first three rounds by selecting a legitimate starting cornerback, a tall red-zone threat wide receiver, and a pass-rushing DE in Chris Ellis. McKelvin is a solid CB with lockdown potential, though some would argue that he’d be more in his element in man coverage rather than in a Cover 2 defense. Hardy is a perfect fit and should find his way on to the field immediately, that is, if he can keep himself together off it. Ellis also has minor character issues but is an athletic DE with a knack for getting to the quarterback. He should be a welcome addition for a team that produced only 26 sacks a year ago. The team’s fourth round picks (Corner and Fine) were both players that may have been available a round or two later. Corner has more upside of the two, but Fine also has a chance to stick as a pass-catching tight end, though he is a bit undersized. Alvin Bowen, the team’s fifth round pick should battle for the backup weakside or strongside linebacker spot. Bowen is small, but is athletic and active enough to contribute on special teams right away. Xavier Omon, an extremely productive back in Division II, has upside and should push for a backup role along with Fred Jackson and Dwayne Wright. Demetrius Bell has size, athleticism, and plenty of upside, his downfall is his lack of experienece against top competition and well, experience period. I am a fan of Steve Johnson, a big receiver with solid hands and slightly above average speed, I think he could stick on this Bills team and perhaps develop into a solid #3 or 4 receiver in time. Kennard Cox is a versatile defensive back who will likely be tried at free safety and cornerback where he’ll battle for a spot. GRADE: B

2.2 Free Agency Overview

Additions
+ WLB Kawika Mitchell
+ DT Spencer Johnson
+ DT Marcus Stroud
+ TE Courtney Anderson
+ CB Will James

Subtractions
- WR Peerless Price
- DB E.J. Underwood
- LB Kevin Henderson
- RB Anthony Thomas
- DB Kiwaukee Thomas
- LB Coy Wire
- DB Jerametrius Butler
- TE Michael Gaines (Detroit)
- LB Leon Joe (Tampa Bay)
- FS Jim Leonhard (Baltimore)
- RB Shaud Williams
- CB Jason Webster (New England)
- DE Al Williams
- WR Sam Aiken (New England)
- LB Josh Stamer (Tennessee)
- TE Ryan Neufield
- DT Larry Triplett (Seattle)
- LB Mario Haggan

- The number of players lost via free agency far exceeds the number of those acquired; however, it was a very positive offseason as the team did not lose any significant performers, while they gained a few. DT Marcus Stroud is the prize of the team’s offseason as they finally have a big body to clog the middle. Stroud has Pro Bowl potential and should command some double teams and allow more room for top pass rusher DE Aaron Schobel to work. His presence could also allow third year player John McCargo to finally break out and allow the linebackers to roam more freely. Speaking of linebackers, Kawika Mitchell will come in and take the starting Weakside Linebacker job. Mitchell has great size and has big game experience, he brings a solid starter to their core. CB Will James is in the running for the nickel job and should contribute right away. TE Courtney Anderson has potential and could get snaps this season as a pass-catcher at TE, his competition for the job behind Robert Royal is Derek Schouman, Tim Massaquoi and rookie Derek Fine. DT Spencer Johnson will be a part of the rotation playing behind Stroud. The only losses that are unfortunate were DT Larry Triplett, who would likely not have started this year anyway and S Jim Leonhard, a good special teams performer. Overall, the team has added some key playmakers who will continue Buffalo’s rise and increase their shot at making a wild card push.

2.3 Team Depth Chart/Position Battles

--Depth Chart taken from team website
*Indicates Rookie
Indicates Potential Pro Bowl player
Indicates Breakout Player

QB – Trent Edwards – J.P Losman – Gibran Hamdan – Matt Baker*
RB – Marshawn Lynch – Fred Jackson – Dwayne Wright – Xavier Omon* – Bruce Hall*
FB- Darian Barnes – Jonathan Evans
WR – Lee Evans – Roscoe Parrish – Felton Huggins – Steve Johnson*
WR – Josh Reed - James Hardy* – Justin Jenkins – Scott Mayle – Jason Jones
TE – Robert Royal – Derek Schouman – Courtney Anderson – Tim Massaquoi – Derek Fine*
LT – Jason Peters – Kirk Chambers – Matt Murphy – Demetrius Bell*
LG – Derrick Dockery – Jason Whittle – Nevin McCaskill
C – Melvin Fowler – Duke Preston – Christian Gaddis
RG – Brad Butler – Duke Preston – Robert Felton*
RT – Langston Walker – Kirk Chambers – Patrick Estes

LE – Chris Kelsay – Ryan Denney – Shaun Nua
LDT – Marcus Stroud – Spencer Johnson – Jason Jefferson – Teraz McCray*
RDT – Kyle Williams – John McCargo – Corey Mace
RE – Aaron Schobel – Copeland Bryan - Chris Ellis*
SLB – Angelo Crowell – Alvin Bowen* – Blake Costanzo
MLB – Paul Posluszny – John DiGiorgio – Jon Banks*
SLB – Kawika Mitchell – Keith Ellison – Marcus Buggs*
LCB – Terrence McGee – Leodis McKelvin* – Ashton Youboty – Dustin Fox
FS – Ko Simpson – George Wilson – Jon Corto – Kennard Cox*
SS - Donte Whitner – Bryan Scott – John Wendling
RCB – Jabari Greer – Will James – Reggie Corner* – Kennard Cox*

2.4 Focus on Fantasy Football

QB – Trent Edwards – Probably not a draft worthy QB in most leagues between 10 and 12 teams, though could be a late round steal. Edwards was solid last year, flashing the ability to be a good starting QB at the NFL level at times. With James Hardy in the fold, along with the explosive Lee Evans, there is potential there. If only the team had a weapon at Tight End. A backup prospect at this point who you may want to keep an eye on.

RB – Marshawn Lynch – Now that it has been confirmed that he will not be punished for his little discrepancy off-the-field, involving a hit and run, Lynch should once again rise up boards. An early second round prospect in most leagues as he should be rather productive this year. With Buffalo’s improving offensive line and passing game that is gradually becoming respectable, Lynch may be poised for a 1,300 yard year in only his second season. Still a bit risky, but Lynch will get the vast majority of his team’s carries and should improve. Look for him, as I said, in the late-first, early-second round mix.

WR- Lee Evans – Evans is one player who’s talent surpasses his production due to chronic QB issues in Buffalo. Evans is a smaller receiver which means smaller TD numbers, though he is one of the NFL’s top deep threats. He Should eclipse the 1,000 yard mark this year with Edwards at the helm. A mid round prospect worthy of a starting spot in just about any league.

James Hardy – A player that some will take a late round flier on. Hardy is somewhat comparable to Chris Henry in the sense that he’s a tall, athletic receiver among shorter receivers. This means he could get a good number of red-zone looks. It is doubtful that he eclipses 50 receptions, though it’s not unthinkable for him to have 7 or 8 Td’s. A late round sleeper that is worth a look.

TE – Robert Royal – Unless you are playing in a league with 15 or 16 teams, you probably don’t want Royal on your roster. Like Hardy, he may get some red-zone looks, though unlike Hardy, his Td total is unlikely to be any greater than four and it’s not a guarantee he’ll finish with even 25 receptions. A good blocking TE, it’s a shame that doesn’t count for anything in Fantasy Football.

DEF – The Bills defense could surprise this year as they have their starting MLB back in Paul Posluszny, who showed flashes of brilliance before he went down in his rookie year. They also have a new starter at WLB in Kawika Mitchell, who is much sturdier against the run than Keith Ellison. DT Marcus Stroud makes for all kinds of possibilities. The team also dedicated their first round pick to the CB position with college standout Leodis McKelvin. Probably not a starting unit in Fantasy Football yet, but the Bills D is looking far better tan the team that was ranked 31st in yards allowed last season. A backup unit that may be available in Free Agency.

K- Rian Lindell – Since the Bills offense is not yet explosive, Lindell has somewhat limited value. However, the team has improved on that side of the ball and Lindell is one of the league’s better kickers. He’s accurate and has the leg to nail from 50 yards+. Could be available in Free Agency though.

2.5 Looking at the Schedule

9/7 vs. Seattle 1:00
9/14 @ Jacksonville 1:00
9/21 vs. Oakland 1:00
9/28 @ St. Louis 4:05
10/5 @ Arizona 4:05
-----WEEK SIX BYE-----
10/19 vs. San Diego 1:00
10/26 @ Miami 1:00
11/2 vs. New York Jets 1:00
11/9 @ New England 1:00
11/17 vs. Cleveland 8:30
11/23 @ Kansas City 1:00
11/30 vs. San Francisco 1:00
12/7 vs. Miami 4:05 (in Toronto)
12/14 @ New York Jets 1:00
12/21 @ Denver 4:05
12/28 vs. New England 1:00

* Monday Night Appearences (1) Week Eleven 11/17 vs. Cleveland
- A big game for Buffalo that could have potential wild card implications. A home game against the improved Cleveland Browns is still a very winnable game. The Browns were 27th last season against the rush, though they improved up front with Shaun Rogers and Corey Williams. The top matchup has to be the Bills improved O-Line against the Browns improved front seven. That matchup will likely determine the outcome of the game. If the Bills are able to wear down the Browns front with RB Marshawn Lynch, they’ll win. The Bills passing game must catch on quickly this season for Buffalo to take this one, seeing as the Browns inexperience at Cornerback may be their Achilles heel. A good matchup that should make for an interesting game in mid-November.

*Toughest Divisional Game – Week Fifteen 12/14 @ New York Jets- This is the game that may determine 2nd Place in the AFC East and potentially put one of these teams in prime position for a Wild Card playoff berth. Both teams have improved on both sides of the ball, especially defensively as the Bills have added starters at several key positions and New York has restructured their 3-4. This game should make for a classic matchup in mid-December in what’s likely to be bitter cold. Both teams boast a much better run game than passing game so expect a low scoring, hard-nosed football game here.

* Toughest Non-Divisional Game – Week Sixteen 12/21 @ Denver
- I’ll stick with the same theme here, which is, as you should know by now, “Will the Buffalo Bills earn a Wild Card berth?” Denver may well be battling for a berth of their own, so don’t expect anyone to roll over and die here. Denver holds the home field, but Buffalo claims the favorable matchup in the cold, where there is sure to be some heavy work for the running backs. Denver’s D is a big question mark this year and there’s no guarantee Selvin Young turns into the next Mike Anderson or Clinton Portis this year for Shanahan’s team. Should be an entertaining one to watch, especially if it holds playoff implications for both teams.

2008 Buffalo Bills Record: 9-7, 2nd AFC East

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2.1 Draft Outlook

1. (11) Leodis McKelvin – CB – Troy
2. (41) James Hardy – WR – Indiana
3. (72) Chris Ellis – DE – Virginia Tech
4. (114) Reggie Corner – CB – Akron
4. (132) Derek Fine – TE – Kansas
5. (147) Alvin Bowen – OLB – Iowa State
6. (179) Xavier Omon – RB – Northwest Missouri State
7. (219) Demetrius Bell – OT – Northwestern State
7. (224) Steve Johnson – WR – Kentucky
7. (251) Kennard Cox – DB – Pittsburgh

Analysis: The Bills did a pretty nice job in taking care of perhaps their three most pressing needs in the first three rounds by selecting a legitimate starting cornerback, a tall red-zone threat wide receiver, and a pass-rushing DE in Chris Ellis. McKelvin is a solid CB with lockdown potential, though some would argue that he’d be more in his element in man coverage rather than in a Cover 2 defense. Hardy is a perfect fit and should find his way on to the field immediately, that is, if he can keep himself together off it. Ellis also has minor character issues but is an athletic DE with a knack for getting to the quarterback. He should be a welcome addition for a team that produced only 26 sacks a year ago. The team’s fourth round picks (Corner and Fine) were both players that may have been available a round or two later. Corner has more upside of the two, but Fine also has a chance to stick as a pass-catching tight end, though he is a bit undersized. Alvin Bowen, the team’s fifth round pick should battle for the backup weakside or strongside linebacker spot. Bowen is small, but is athletic and active enough to contribute on special teams right away. Xavier Omon, an extremely productive back in Division II, has upside and should push for a backup role along with Fred Jackson and Dwayne Wright. Demetrius Bell has size, athleticism, and plenty of upside, his downfall is his lack of experienece against top competition and well, experience period. I am a fan of Steve Johnson, a big receiver with solid hands and slightly above average speed, I think he could stick on this Bills team and perhaps develop into a solid #3 or 4 receiver in time. Kennard Cox is a versatile defensive back who will likely be tried at free safety and cornerback where he’ll battle for a spot. GRADE: B

Our draft was solid but with lots of question marks.
1) McKelvin CB--might not contribute much right away as he will need a lot of time to adjust to playing in a zone defense. Will play mostly special teams until at least mid season but if he's thrown to the wolves earlier you can expect him to struggle.
2) Hardy WR-- will have to prove he has the guts to go over the middle and pay the price. Until he proves he has the balls to catch a ball over the middle, teams will consistantly force him inside and deny him the outside red zone pass.
3) Ellis DE--has some potential as a pass rusher and may get on the field in some passing situations later in the year.
4) Reggie Corner CB--may actually see some playing time before McKelvin if McKelvin struggles in zone coverage.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talk about Buffalo as a wildcard team is just so much hype with little reality. Edwards is in his 2nd season and just isn't ready yet to be good enough to carry this team to the playoffs. We are at least a year away if Edwards continues to improve. A lot of the pieces are in place but inexperience at QB will cost us numerous games and make a playoff run unlikely.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

absolutely.......he has been an absolute rock back there for us.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:31 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnstonolb View Post
Do you guys think Whitner is proving out his selection in the draft?

Curious to get fans read. I loved his play but profess not to be objective.

Thoughts?
He was a solid selection but in the end winning is the measuring stick and until we are winning consistantly and contending for the playoffs every year, every pick can be questioned if we aren't reaching our goals.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Default Article and vid from ESPN the mag

John McCargo, Coy Wire, Jon Corto, and Tank Tylers' workout video.

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...809&n8pe6 c=1

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-01-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew McCargo was doing this with Coy, but nothing really about it.
Damn shame about Coy, the guy is a warrior. Is he even on a team right now? I can't see the article.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

WE'RE DOOMED!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Old 08-02-2008, 10:45 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I knew McCargo was doing this with Coy, but nothing really about it.
Damn shame about Coy, the guy is a warrior. Is he even on a team right now? I can't see the article.
I think it said that he is Atlanta's Linebacker in the video

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
I think it said that he is Atlanta's Linebacker in the video
You are correct. He signed with Atlanta last week.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-05-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
ALD
Rookie

ALD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I've been vacation for the past week, has Peters shown up to camp yet?
ALD is offline   Reply With Quote