Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When it rains it pours.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
13. Do not discuss topics/issues that promote or condone breaking the law.

a) This includes pirating and copyright violations.
b) This includes illegal drugs.
c) There are 6 million other websites for that, probably with many more sympathetic users. Again, go there, discuss.
Technically, if you have a prescription, it makes them legal.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The essence of purple drank has been around for years. Anyone else remember the simpsons references in the early 90s to cough syrup.

Hell remember the "flaming homer" episode?

Its just becoming more prominent as a mixer since people use it more often thanks to the proliferation tools available these days.

I don't know why athletes would be dumb enough to keep using it though.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Bush View Post
There are question marks but I can't see the Packers moving Jenkins inside full-time unless somebody steps up in training camp at DE and looks like a starter.
Im hoping that DE from Wake (whose name I just forgot) steps up. Real high motor player apparently

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Im hoping that DE from Wake (whose name I just forgot) steps up. Real high motor player apparently
That'd be Jeremy Thompson. And yeah, he's probably going to take a few years to develop but I see him being a valuable contributor on ST.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:46 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
That'd be Jeremy Thompson. And yeah, he's probably going to take a few years to develop but I see him being a valuable contributor on ST.
Oh that really helps...

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Oh that really helps...
Does he sound like he'll be an immediate contributor?

Strengths:
Has a cut physique with the frame to get even bigger...Long arms...A smooth and fluid athlete...Good strength...Has a good motor and does a nice job in pursuit...Is stout at the point of attack and does an excellent job against the run...Real smart with terrific awareness...Has some potential in coverage...Versatile..A hard worker with good intangibles...Had his best season as a senior and still has some upside.

Weaknesses:
Has decent timed speed but isn't very explosive...Lacks a burst to close...Is not a great natural pass rusher...Doesn't use his hands well...Not overly physical...Does not play with a nasty demeanor and may lack a killer instinct...Marginal production and was a bit of a one year wonder...Has some durability issues...Underachiever?

Notes:
Could be a base end in a 4-3 scheme, a 3-4 end or a 3-4 outside linebacker...Tore his ACL in 2005 and dealt with a shoulder injury in 2006...Late emerging prospect who really began to pick up a lot of momentum in scouting circles late in the 2007 season...Might never be a star or a double-digit sack guy at the next level but his versatility and promise will make him a relatively valuable commodity on Draft Day.

Sounds like a solid back up that will take a few years to develop.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
Technically, if you have a prescription, it makes them legal.
No, you are wrong. It remains a controlled substance whether you have a prescription or not. Because if you overstep the controls placed on the drug, then it is illegal usage. To put it more plainly, it is legal to use under certain parameters. If you use it outside of those parameters (i.e. splitting a bottle of prescription cough syrup with a friend), then it is illegal usage.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
No, you are wrong. It remains a controlled substance whether you have a prescription or not. Because if you overstep the controls placed on the drug, then it is illegal usage. To put it more plainly, it is legal to use under certain parameters. If you use it outside of those parameters (i.e. splitting a bottle of prescription cough syrup with a friend), then it is illegal usage.
You just had to bust my balls NIP didn't ya!

Anyway, if Jolly was actually selling this stuff he's a complete idiot. I pray that this suspension (or non suspension) won't be harsh and Jolly will be back on our D in no-time. He brokeout bigtime last year, and without him it would be a real blow to both our run and pass defense.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YFS
Bingo. A prescription plus one refill to Doeince-Promethezine cough syrup. Me and my roommate split a bottle, mixed it with some sprite, a shot of grey goose, and some jolly ranchers and got slizzed out while watching the LSU-Ohio State game.
Many doctors are just careless. I went to the doc when I thought I had shingles, and he looked at me, said, "Well, I guess that could be shingles. Either way, it ain't nothin' a big bottle of pain pills won't fix!" He wrote me a month's prescription of percaset, which is a bottle of sixty. His practice has been investigated many times due to his willingness to write anything to anyone, so now he won't treat anyone unless they agree to only come to him for healthcare. I refuse to go see him just because of his plain incompetance.

BTW, how did you stay awake for an entire football game after taking pain killers, phenergan, and Jesus Juice? You should have been out like a light by the 3rd Qtr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP
Exactly. I am on two prescribed Class D medications, and my prescribers count my pills whenever I go to my appointments to make sure I'm not taking more than I should. I can get in trouble for even giving them to family members. Nowadays, it can be easier to obtain prescription than street drugs.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Many doctors are just careless. I went to the doc when I thought I had shingles, and he looked at me, said, "Well, I guess that could be shingles. Either way, it ain't nothin' a big bottle of pain pills won't fix!" He wrote me a month's prescription of percaset, which is a bottle of sixty. His practice has been investigated many times due to his willingness to write anything to anyone, so now he won't treat anyone unless they agree to only come to him for healthcare. I refuse to go see him just because of his plain incompetance.

BTW, how did you stay awake for an entire football game after taking pain killers, phenergan, and Jesus Juice? You should have been out like a light by the 3rd Qtr.

Exactly. I am on two prescribed Class D medications, and my prescribers count my pills whenever I go to my appointments to make sure I'm not taking more than I should. I can get in trouble for even giving them to family members. Nowadays, it can be easier to obtain prescription than street drugs.
You're absolutely right. I had an eye infection last year, and the doc wrote me out a prescription for Vicodin just because I said it hurt a little bit.

There's a reason why this happens. It's because a lot of doctors are in the pockets of pharmaceutical companies. A teacher at my high school (whose husband was a doctor) told us that pharmy companies will pay for vacations and give bonuses to doctors who write out a lot of prescriptions. They know that their drugs are addicting and try to get people hooked on them so they keep going back and paying for refills. It's also why you see so many ads everywhere telling people that they're depressed or have anxiety or anything else that there's a prescription drug for. Hell, I've seen commercials on TV for prescriptions for restless leg syndrome (you know, those people who are always jiggling their legs). Anyways, that certain drug is really nothing more than a sedative. Most companies will come up with a type of drug and then think of something to diagnose it for AFTER it's already been created. It's a huge, huge money maker for everyone involved. But hey, that's the American way, I suppose.

And ya, I stayed up for the whole game. Might have had something to do with the magic mushrooms I ate during the second quarter, though. Which is why I really don't remember anything that happened in the second half. ;)
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
There's a reason why this happens. It's because a lot of doctors are in the pockets of pharmaceutical companies. A teacher at my high school (whose husband was a doctor) told us that pharmy companies will pay for vacations and give bonuses to doctors who write out a lot of prescriptions. They know that their drugs are addicting and try to get people hooked on them so they keep going back and paying for refills. It's also why you see so many ads everywhere telling people that they're depressed or have anxiety or anything else that there's a prescription drug for. Hell, I've seen commercials on TV for prescriptions for restless leg syndrome (you know, those people who are always jiggling their legs). Anyways, that certain drug is really nothing more than a sedative. Most companies will come up with a type of drug and then think of something to diagnose it for AFTER it's already been created. It's a huge, huge money maker for everyone involved. But hey, that's the American way, I suppose.
Funny thing, it's actually like 5x worse in veterinary medicine. Anyway, private practice is a buisness they want to make money and if that means writing an extra prescription which costs them nothing, why not? Hooray private medicine!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
iworshipbender
Pro Bowler

iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON
iworshipbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
You're absolutely right. I had an eye infection last year, and the doc wrote me out a prescription for Vicodin just because I said it hurt a little bit.

And ya, I stayed up for the whole game. Might have had something to do with the magic mushrooms I ate during the second quarter, though. Which is why I really don't remember anything that happened in the second half. ;)
You should be able to get them without a prescription anyway... An adult should be able to do what they want to their own body as long as it doesn't harm anyone else.

Figures my first post back is a drug post...
Old 07-21-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a thread that's been dead for 3 days...

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote