Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 07-23-2008, 02:06 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default We've signed Chris Williams!!

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...hris-williams/

So says Adam Schefter.....

I'm happy. He should have every chance to be our opening day LT I would think. I hope he shows off some of that Vandy intelligence.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good news. In more good news, Mark Bradley is healthy enough to start training camp.

He'll likely get hurt the first day of practice, but it's a start.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lets go Bears!

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!!!

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
lets go Bears!

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!!!
Not time to get crazy :)

But the Bears made two very good selections on day one and getting chris williams gives them a big piece to their OL for the present and future....this team could easily win the division if they had a capable QB and above average wideout

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:42 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Not time to get crazy :)

But the Bears made two very good selections on day one and getting chris williams gives them a big piece to their OL for the present and future....this team could easily win the division if they had a capable QB and above average wideout
Well, I know I keep beating this dead horse but, Kyle Orton.

The guy wins two out of every three starts and I feel as though he will be the starting QB headed into the season. We've got two very good TE's to help with the receiving problem a bit and with a good pass blocker like Williams at LT and Tait in his natural spot at RT, I don't expect them to be a terrible team.

I have it in my head that they're going to at least match their record of last year....if not bump up to 8-8. If the Packers should take a larger than expected step back under Rodgers and not having a QB kills the Vikings, theres about a 1% chance the Bears could rise up in that situation....

I'll be happy with .500 looking at what we've got right now though
Old 07-23-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really not worried about our WR's to be honest. I'm more worried about our line and RB play, which I guess would correlate to our QB play as well but Olsen, Clark, Booker, Hester, Lloyd (he will be on the team IMO), Davis, Bennett, etc is a decent WR core. And reports have been that Hester is picking things up extremely quick and has looked very strong.

Our offense though hinges on our line play. Our QB won't matter if our OL can't pass or run block, much like last year. Given time to throw Rex can be effective, and if we can get our running game going I think we could have a good season.

A lot of if's but I'm an optimistic typa guy. ;)

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I'm really not worried about our WR's to be honest. I'm more worried about our line and RB play, which I guess would correlate to our QB play as well but Olsen, Clark, Booker, Hester, Lloyd (he will be on the team IMO), Davis, Bennett, etc is a decent WR core. And reports have been that Hester is picking things up extremely quick and has looked very strong.

Our offense though hinges on our line play. Our QB won't matter if our OL can't pass or run block, much like last year. Given time to throw Rex can be effective, and if we can get our running game going I think we could have a good season.

A lot of if's but I'm an optimistic typa guy. ;)
Don't worry about the offensive line. Terrence Metcalf will save us.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I wouldn't exactly call our receivers "decent" though, lol. That entails above averageness.....

I'd call them......passable? Not too terrible? I think we'll be throwing to our TE's a lot though....

I also think if our defense is healthy and stays healthy, we only need a "not too terrible" offense to reach my estimates of 7-9, 8-8......
Old 07-23-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This should help the Chiefs get a deal done with LT BA the 15th pick.:)
Old 07-23-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
This should help the Chiefs get a deal done with LT BA the 15th pick.:)
you know what I was thinking about with him? (i know this isn't the Chiefs forum but he brought it up...)

Is if they gave him one deal for being a LT that reduces a little bit if he ends up having to move back into a G spot.

The Giants did a similar thing with......ah......Diehl? I think it was Diehl......He gets so much if he stays at LT but it reduces if he gets kicked back inside for any reason
Old 07-23-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
you know what I was thinking about with him? (i know this isn't the Chiefs forum but he brought it up...)

Is if they gave him one deal for being a LT that reduces a little bit if he ends up having to move back into a G spot.

The Giants did a similar thing with......ah......Diehl? I think it was Diehl......He gets so much if he stays at LT but it reduces if he gets kicked back inside for any reason
I would be happy with that and so would the Chiefs but I have a feeling his agent would not be a fan.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I would be happy with that and so would the Chiefs but I have a feeling his agent would not be a fan.
no, probably not, but somehow the Giants horked David Diehl and his agent into it, so it is doable...
Old 07-23-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I really think BA would have to pull a Robert Gallery to be moved to OG the Chiefs have said since the first PC after they drafted him he is our LT.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I really think BA would have to pull a Robert Gallery to be moved to OG the Chiefs have said since the first PC after they drafted him he is our LT.
i understand that but thinking from the teams perspective, wouldn't you want to try and get yourself a little protection?

I mean, he could fizzle easily at LT but then be a pro bowl G for years and years if moved back. The pay difference between a franchise LT and pro bowl G is still pretty large I believe......

So even if he looked like a hall of famer in TC and stuff, I think the team would like to protect itself if possible.

Idk if it would actually happen for them to split his contract that way, but the precedent is out there for such a move