Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim3031
I think the real question is what will be this years "Jerome Bettis is from Detroit" over-advertised story?
1) Peyton Manning finally winning "the Big Game:

2) 2 black coaches in the SB

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim3031
I think the real question is what will be this years "Jerome Bettis is from Detroit" over-advertised story?
It's gotta be Peyton Manning.

Although black head coaches will be talked about a lot too. I think if they do it respectfully it'll be ok (ie: showing great black head coaches of the past that never made it to the Superbowl, showing how great friends Lovie and Tony are and what a mentor Tony has been to Lovie).

That being said, I fear they will be completely overt about it, make it awkward, and turn everyone off to it. After all, that's what white people do.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
I will go with young male horses under the age of four.
Ok you've told us your sexual preference, but who do you think will win the game?
That doesn't make any sense.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Attention stop voting for the Bears.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that was a good one bearsfan I got a good laugh out of that.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm taking the Colts.

Fact is the Bears had it easy getting to the superbowl. They are the only respectable team in the NFC. The AFC had 4 strong contenders this year and I believe any of the 4 of them would beat the Bears in the big game.

I'm actually expecting a high scoring game. I think Rex has a great game playing against a defense that he is used to seeing and the same goes for Manning. The Colts just have more offensive talent to put points on the board in a shootout.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa 2 Superbowl

I could definitely see the turnovers getting out of hand this game.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, but how many of you picked the Colts to win it before the playoffs?

I'm not sure who I think will win really but for now I'm sticking to my guns and saying colts
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

it'll be interesting to see if Peyton's thumb injury lingers until then.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the same time each QB and coach is very familiar with the other team's system. We could see alot of points because both sides know how to take advantages of the weaknesses of the cover 2.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I guess if there's so hope for the game it's that the only NFC team to win the Superbowl as of late has been Tampa, another good cover 2 defense against a high-powered offense (Oakland).

Old 01-21-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman
it'll be interesting to see if Peyton's thumb injury lingers until then.
I actually forgot about that. I hope everyone else does to because thats not what I want to hear about for the next 2 weeks.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Peyton will either play amazing or be dominated
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal
I'm taking the Colts.

Fact is the Bears had it easy getting to the superbowl. They are the only respectable team in the NFC. The AFC had 4 strong contenders this year and I believe any of the 4 of them would beat the Bears in the big game.

I'm actually expecting a high scoring game. I think Rex has a great game playing against a defense that he is used to seeing and the same goes for Manning. The Colts just have more offensive talent to put points on the board in a shootout.
:roll:

You realize that we played with the Patriots out East right? :?

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119
I have to agree. We need to assert ourselves very early on by hitting them in mouth, literally. If Peyton can sit in the pocket and we don't get good licks on their recievers we'll be toast.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
I'm taking the Colts.

Relative to the Colts we had an easy road to the Superbowl. Playing the Hawks and the Saints doesn't compare to playing the Ravens and the Pats.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have one thing to say

DONT PUT TILLMAN ON MARVIN

If you do, you shall perish
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

COLTS!
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
At the same time each QB and coach is very familiar with the other team's system. We could see alot of points because both sides know how to take advantages of the weaknesses of the cover 2.
Since both coachs know the weakness their defense will do things a little differently for the big game.

Quote:
He was both against the Pats
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
I'm taking the Colts.

What does that prove? The Bears lost that game. If anything it proves my point that the 4th best team in the AFC is better than the only good team in the NFC.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will like to see how as people call them pass stop defenses will do in this game. I also wonder if Tommie Harris and Mike Brown were in the game if the Bears would be favored.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are people actually voting for the Bears? Man. At least I jumped on the bandwagon a long time ago. And still said they were easily the NFCs best team, and possibly the NFL, when the Giants, Saints, Seahawks, Cowobys and Eagles were given that title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm taking the Colts.

What does that prove? The Bears lost that game. If anything it proves my point that the 4th best team in the AFC is better than the only good team in the NFC.
Well, it doesn't prove that at all. It proves the Bears can hang ON THE ROAD with a SB worthy team, despite their QB playing badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 10:17 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm taking the Colts.

4th best? Last time I checked the top 2 teams in the AFC lost in the playoffs in the 2nd round at home. So to me, it looked like those supposed "great" AFC teams were...

A) Overrated to begin with

B) Unable to show up in the big game

C) Regular season pretenders

As much as you bash the NFC, at least our top 2 teams held court. Hell, every team held court in the playoffs this year. Which meant that the best ranked team came away with the W each game.

Quote: