Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 07-02-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
So maybe if the Green Bay Blizzard win an AFL2, and UW-Green Bay's basketball team wins the National Championship we can be Titletown again!
Maybe.. All I am saying is I think of a title town as a town or city that has the most titles. So it would have to go to major city, unless in theory GB has the most titles than all other sports in any one city, which could possible, because 12 is alot.

I am guessing the national media sees it the same way judging by how they are looking for another place to call title town.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Maybe.. All I am saying is I think of a title town as a town or city that has the most titles. So it would have to go to major city, unless in theory GB has the most titles than all other sports in any one city, which could possible, because 12 is alot.

I am guessing the national media sees it the same way judging by how they are looking for another place to call title town.
this really doesnt have anything to do with most titles or anything or how you think of "a title town", it is just fact that Green Bay is Titletown USA. I'm not saying that it's super-justified or anything, although our football history is top-notch, it's just a nickname of the city and this contest is just stupid ESPN crap-piece trying to take that away from Green Bay. Are we gonna see contests soon to find the TRUE "City of Brotherly Love" or the TRUE "Windy City" because I'm sure there are some other cities that can make a case for taking that nickname from Philly or Chicago but that isnt about to change anytime soon.

Search "Titletown" on wikipedia and it brings you to the Green Bay, Wisconsin page. Go to titletown.org and it brings you to the Green Bay Chamber of Commerce. The official Green Bay city seal has "Titletown USA" written right on the bottom of it. Open a Green Bay phone book and look under "titletown" and you'll find over 20 businesses called "Titletown something". We even have the trademark to Titletown so even if someone else wins this stupid contest Green Bay still will remain and always be Titletown USA.

Last edited by EvilMonkey : 07-02-2008 at 01:13 PM.
EvilMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:22 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
this really doesnt have anything to do with most titles or anything or how you think of "a title town", it is just fact that Green Bay is Titletown USA. I'm not saying that it's super-justified or anything, although our football history is top-notch, it's just a nickname of the city and this contest is just stupid ESPN crap-piece trying to take that away from Green Bay. Are we gonna see contests soon to find the TRUE "City of Brotherly Love" or the TRUE "Windy City" because I'm sure there are some other cities that can make a case for taking that nickname from Philly or Chicago but that isnt about to change anytime soon.

Search "Titletown" on wikipedia and it brings you to the Green Bay, Wisconsin page. Go to titletown.org and it brings you to the Green Bay Chamber of Commerce. The official Green Bay city seal has "Titletown USA" written right on the bottom of it. Open a Green Bay phone book and look under "titletown" and you'll find over 20 businesses called "Titletown something". We even have the trademark to Titletown so even if someone else wins this stupid contest Green Bay still will remain and always be Titletown USA.
I agree I am sure some of those other nicknames are false.. For instance City of Botherly love is false. There is no love in Philly!

And i am sure the weather channel can try to run a contest for Windy city as well.

But since ESPN is a sports network, I can see why they want to make it most titles. But I agree taking it away from an existing town is shady. However I don't know why GB would call itself titletown when other cities/towns have more titles. That to me was a mistake to begin with. I can see both sides to the debate. In one view it's too hard to take away that title especially since it's so rooted in the towns history and atmosphere and culture. And in another light, the term is almost outdated, because other places have more titles, making that name for GB antiquated.

Definetly a tough situation.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Redirected from Titletown)

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Rjspartan
Veteran

Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.

if espn is just a pile of **** why do you care anyway and besides the packers what other teams are in green bay, none. that is the reason the big cities like new york and boston are considered cause they have many teams. Look Packer fans I know you are upset, but you get all the attension anyway from Brett Favre. You could watch a game that the packers are not playing in and John Madden will kiss Brett Favre ***. You will see that this season too because the media loves Brett Favre. They should call the NFL the national favre league, beacuse that all it is. I would not be surprised if espn made up a city and called it Favre Land. Yes Green Bay should at least be in the top 20, but you cares.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.
Rjspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't worry. Sports Illustrated tried to say Detroit wasn't Hockeytown either before the season or early in the year. Detroit shut them up and they didn't even give them a coverpage when they won.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjspartan View Post
if espn is just a pile of **** why do you care anyway and besides the packers what other teams are in green bay, none. that is the reason the big cities like new york and boston are considered cause they have many teams. Look Packer fans I know you are upset, but you get all the attension anyway from Brett Favre. You could watch a game that the packers are not playing in and John Madden will kiss Brett Favre ***. You will see that this season too because the media loves Brett Favre. They should call the NFL the national favre league, beacuse that all it is. I would not be surprised if espn made up a city and called it Favre Land. Yes Green Bay should at least be in the top 20, but you cares.
Hold on ESPN loves the Packers and Brett Favre? when did this start?

Due ESPN hates the Packers with a passion. I can name so many examples.

Brining negative media about Favre's retirement, after him saying that he no longer wants to play, giving us little or no attention in the draft about anything. Plus asking stupid questions about Favre to Rodgers.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Rjspartan
Veteran

Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Hold on ESPN loves the Packers and Brett Favre? when did this start?

Due ESPN hates the Packers with a passion. I can name so many examples.

Brining negative media about Favre's retirement, after him saying that he no longer wants to play, giving us little or no attention in the draft about anything. Plus asking stupid questions about Favre to Rodgers.
all of the media loves him, you are crazy if you think differently or John Madden(who is also crazy).

speeking of Madden loving Favre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGLn6T6towg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBW7y...eature=related

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.
Rjspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
all of the media loves him, you are crazy if you think differently or John Madden(who is also crazy).

Please, you back up you argument for Madden loving Favre with some Frank Caliendo parodies. Titletown became the nickname for Green Bay, when they won all the championships back in the 50s and 60s.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:21 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So why do you only mention Favre? he has done it to Manning and Brady as well. Once again when has ESPN shown any love for Favre? you think the media he is getting now is positive?

Also, that isn't Madden...
Old 07-02-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Kampman for President
Rookie

Kampman for President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
In a text message to the Biloxi Herald, Brett Favre called reports of his potential return in 2008 "all rumor." Favre said there is "no reason" for a media firestorm after numerous reports surfaced that he's contemplating a return. Still, until Favre says publicly that he absolutely does not want to play in 2008 and stops text messaging people that he'd like to come back, speculation about his future will continue.

http://www.sunherald.com/newsupdates/story/663221.html

**** you ESPN and **** you Mort
Kampman for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All retired players would still want to play. Its a part of retirement

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:38 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
I'm guessing they probably followed this story up with an interview with Favre saying he would come back if Aaron Rodgers, Brian Brohm, and Matt Flynn all became injured, and no QBs were available to sign.
Just thought it was funny I posted this yesterday...
Old 07-02-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
Just thought it was funny I posted this yesterday...
Yeah, that was actually one of the first things I thought of when I saw the news.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh no, GB didn't win. :(
Valdosta? BS.

******* Idiots in Bristol.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 07-28-2008 at 08:42 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Valdosta? BS.

Ya I saw that. Thats ridiculous I've always thought these segments for ESPN have been nothing but a joke.

Green Bay = Titletown forever!

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Valdosta? BS.

Valdosta? Where the **** is Valdosta? Valdosta has sports? Is that a 3rd world country?

HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS?! WHO GIVES A ^#$^?!?!?! IT'S HIGH SCHOOL $#^#ING SPORTS.

ESPN is a joke.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta agree with this. **** ESPN.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote