Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-22-2007, 04:25 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Don't forget Tom Zbkowski would look great in a Cowboys uniform
A hardnosed gritty player who wouldn't hamper Watkins development as well as contribute a lot on special teams...but that is probabally to confusing.
Sorry special teams players don't need to be drafted in the first round. Anybody can contribute on special teams.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm still wondering what in the world Dan Henning was talking about in that quote...how misleading was that?
How do we even know Henning said that? I question the source.
So do I...but the report sounded to "smart" for CTCowboys to write it...
It was reported as a hoax a while ago, I thought that you guys found out about that.

It was on footballsfuture and dallas cowboys central so don't come against me.
You brought it here and never said it was a hoax... So for all we know you're a hoax... along with your Omar Jacobs to Dallas and Roy Williams to LB pleadings...
You're the one who wanted Chris Leak in the 2nd last year...
Last time I checked Leak lead his team to the National Championship.

He'd be a nice 4th round pick up for us this year.
Funny how his status went down after winning the national championship.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Gostkowski success in the NFL really makes me wonder about a kicker in the draft. I was a firm believer that rookie kickers weren't successful but Crosby is beating the ball with his foot. He is now on my radar...I still don't think a kicker is a day one need....but I'm tempted anytime after that.
Jerry has already stated that drafting a kicker is not an option.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Last time I checked Leak lead his team to the National Championship. Wink
Last time I checked pro is a different game than what college is.

Omar Jacobs killed Leak in every statistical category in college.
...and Timmy Chang killed Jacobs... LOL! I'm soooo not surprised how stats will mislead many fans...

I believe Chris Leak can be a good backup in this league. ...but I'd rather not draft him.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Watkins doesn't need any mentoring from another rookie......and besides that Anthony Henry is moving to free safey which is something you dismissed right off the bat.

And D-Unit why and the heck do you insist on another linebacker in the first round. I will bet you that the Cowboys do not take a linebacker in the first round, and also that Bobby Carpenter will play outside linebacker. I don't know why you think he's going to rotate in at inside linebacker when his play at the end of the season merits a starting role.
I called for Zibby before the Henry situation was announced. Who said compliment equals mentoring? Last time I checked complimenting means adding to something that another cannot bring.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
A hardnosed gritty player who wouldn't hamper Watkins development as well as contribute a lot on special teams...but that is probabally to confusing.
Sorry special teams players don't need to be drafted in the first round. Anybody can contribute on special teams.
I never called for him in the first round. Earliest I ever called for him was a second...and by the end of the year I marked him as a solid second day option...get your facts straight.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-22-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm still wondering what in the world Dan Henning was talking about in that quote...how misleading was that?
It was reported as a hoax a while ago, I thought that you guys found out about that.

You brought it here and never said it was a hoax... So for all we know you're a hoax... along with your Omar Jacobs to Dallas and Roy Williams to LB pleadings...

Wow! I wish I had an Official NFL Prospect Status-O-Meter like you! That would be quite fancy!

I could show it off to my friends and stuff....
Old 01-22-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I never called for him in the first round. Earliest I ever called for him was a second...and by the end of the year I marked him as a solid second day option...get your facts straight.
Well Scott had him pegged as a potential first rounder so I'd get your facts straight about which round he is projected in.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Wow! I wish I had a status-o-meter like you! That would be quite fancy!

You can get it on ebay...
Old 01-22-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Does it come in different colors and stuff???
Old 01-22-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

...and Timmy Chang killed Jacobs... LOL! I'm soooo not surprised how stats will mislead many fans...

I believe Chris Leak can be a good backup in this league. ...but I'd rather not draft him.
We aren't talking about Timmy Chang, if you want to talk about stats more, look at the guy in your sig. The point is you make fun of me for Jacobs but yet Leak would be a great option.

Please explain any edge that Leak has over Jacobs entering the draft this season?
Old 01-22-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote:bdc66c0c46="JJJ888"]I'm still wondering what in the world Dan Henning was talking about in that quote...how misleading was that?

Does it come in different colors and stuff???[/quote:bdc66c0c46]

Well it changes colors when the status changes...
Old 01-22-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

OK, while we're on the roll of humor...

Here's my dream cowboys coaching staff...

HC - Reverend Deion Sanders - Hey, if he can lead people to salvation, then he sure can lead the Cowboys!
QB coach - Troy Aikman
RB coach - Emmitt Smith
WR coach - Michael Irvin
OL coach - Mark Stepnoski
TE coach - Jay Novacek
DL coach - Jim Jeffcoat
LB coach - Ken Norton, Jr.
DB coach - Darren Woodson
ST coach - Billy Bates

REUNITED AND IT FEELS SO GOOD!

(you can thank me for getting that song stuck in your head for the rest of the day)
Old 01-22-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Again Schefter is reporting that a coach with 3-4 experience is a big factor when addressing the position.

We really don't have anything to promote from the inside but Tony Soprano is the only candidate that has a chance.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-22-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

We aren't talking about Timmy Chang, if you want to talk about stats more, look at the guy in your sig. The point is you make fun of me for Jacobs but yet Leak would be a great option.

Please explain any edge that Leak has over Jacobs entering the draft this season?
Leak? Who wants to take a leak? Not me! ...I just went.

Yeah, Leak was a name discussed as an option before Romo-mania... So what? He went back to college and proved that he is a so so prospect. Yeah, he's worth a 4th round value... but not for us! His arm is way to weak.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

I want to go on record saying Tom Zbikowski nor Chris Leak will amount to anything in the NFL. Yucky (the technical term eludes me) is my description of both guys in the Pros. Rather take a flyer on a small school guy with talent.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Again Schefter is reporting that a coach with 3-4 experience is a big factor when addressing the position.

We really don't have anything to promote from the inside but Tony Soprano is the only candidate that has a chance.
Where are these links? Or is this another hoax...

Or did you just find this on another board and they didn't post the link???

Don't worry, you're still E-cool.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote="D-Unit"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
well i must say im surprised. not that parcells left but that more of you parcell supporters arent mad. heres a guy who took this job saying this was like coaching theyankees. this was his biggest challenge and he wanted to create another legacy. bottom line is we stayed mediocre under parcells. he came here to do a job and didnt finish the job. he abandoned us and took his time doing it. i say see you later bye.
The difference is that I don't think we've been mediocre. Yeah, well... we didn't win the SB... I didn't fool myself into thinking we'd win this year...and any sooner would've been unrealistic. The team was fundametally unsound when he got here. We were damaged at the roots... at the core... at the foundation. We're no where near that now.

He didn't finish the job in many eyes... but he did finish the job in his eyes... the same way he did it with the Giants, Patriots and the same way he did it with the Jets... He's a "fix it" guy. ...and he fixed our mess too.

He's a genius. There is no better coach in the history of the NFL that has gone into losing situations and turned the team around better than Parcells has. He's always left the teams he's coached in good shape and a helluva lot better shape than when he got there... and he's left on his own terms.... How many coaches can say that? Coaches hardly ever leave on their own terms and they hardly ever leave them in better situations than when they arrived. It's EXTREMELY rare!

People are so quick to judge him off not winning the SB here... and making it sound as if he's left unfinished business. We'll in his eyes his business is done. He did what he did in the past and he's at peace with that.

So many Parcells haters have been waiting for this moment... Well... now let's see what you get... Let's see how green the other side of the fence is... Whoever it is... they are inheriting good, lush, fruitful land here in Dallas. ...can't say that was the case when BP arrived.
SUPERBOWL, THE SUPERBOWL...who said anything about winning a superbowl? how about a playoff game? how about a 11 or 12 win season?
yes the talent is better than when parcells got here but he did little with it. you guys have been saying it for awhile. he did not have the fire he had in his other stops. it seems he came here for finacial reasons got his money and left. so your right his buisness is done. hes what 15 to 20 million richer? just making a team a little better is not good enough anymore. what will you say IF he winds up coaching somewhere else? that will be the ultimate slap.
We've been to the playoffs twice. If we have a 9 or 10 win season and go to the playoffs what difference is it if we have an 11 or 12 win season and go to the playoffs? None! Yes, the talent level is better NOW... but it wasn't like this BEFORE!!! Did little with it? You are an ingrate! You act like success is supposed to be automatic! He's made no more or no less than the going rate for NFL head coaches, so shut the hell up about him coming in here just to cash out. So what if he ends up coaching somewhere else? He's already committed the ulitmate slap by coaching the Cowboys after going down in Giants lore as their winningest coach. Imagine if Landry started coaching the Redskins! Loyalty in the NFL was thrown out the window a long time ago... Catch up with the times man.[/quote

well theres no changing the mind of a man with a man crush :D glad you are happy with the just above .500 record he brought us the last four years with the two playoff losses. imo the parcell years were a failure and iyo he was a genius. agree to disagree. btw i posted the henning hoax a few pages back.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

Quote:

I can't see anyone with no experience even as a coordinator being our next head coach when we can attract a number of great coaches and coordinators...
Old 01-22-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:

Sparano is a good coach and BP really liked him. Maybe Sparano as OC with Wade Phillips as HC and Bowles as DC.

Minimizes turnover and keep some things in place instead of a high profile guy who will blow it up his way....
Old 01-22-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Leak? Who wants to take a leak? Not me! ...I just went.

Yeah, Leak was a name discussed as an option before Romo-mania... So what? He went back to college and proved that he is a so so prospect. Yeah, he's worth a 4th round value... but not for us! His arm is way to weak.
Jacobs was also only an option pre-Romo, so I still don't undertsand how it's any different for you to have wanted Leak and for me to have wanted Jacobs. Neither is going to happen, and I wouldn't want either of them.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Quote:

I can't see anyone with no experience even as a coordinator being our next head coach when we can attract a number of great coaches and coordinators...
Schefter is short material.. He will pass along a ham sandwich with mustard as news.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:

Where are these links? Or is this another hoax...

Or did you just find this on another board and they didn't post the link???

Don't worry, you're still E-cool.
He is reporting on NFL Network :shock:

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-22-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iameverywhere
I want to go on record saying Tom Zbikowski nor Chris Leak will amount to anything in the NFL. Yucky (the technical term eludes me) is my description of both guys in the Pros. Rather take a flyer on a small school guy with talent.
Well, if you're willing to wait that long to gain some E-creditabilty in this forum, then more power to ya!

I for one am willing to go on record saying DeMonte Fitzgerald will never amount to anything in the NFL. I can see my E-status growing as we speak!
Old 01-22-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iameverywhere
Well, if you're willing to wait that long to gain some E-creditabilty in this forum, then more power to ya!

I for one am willing to go on record saying DeMonte Fitzgerald will never amount to anything in the NFL. I can see my E-status growing as we speak!
How about Brady Quinn being a bust. Would that be a better prediction?

Give me any player and I will give you an A,C, or F grade.

You can store it then eat the paper you print it out on when 75% of it is right.