Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
frogstomp
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_VIlma
Your argument about PS3 being more powerful isn't completely true though, atleast when I have talked to professionals. My dad knows someone who works at Microsoft, and assuming this was based on pure specs, Xbox 360 is more powerful.

The only thing that PS3 may have going is Blu Ray Disc, but 360's game library is miles ahead right now. This isn't from a perverted view either, because I'm nowhere near old enough to buy it, but Blu Ray Disc player sales will eventually be effected because I believe the industry has refused to sell porn on it.
As I have said, the specs are tricky. From a pure power standpoint, the PS3 is technically more powerful. However, for *Gaming* the 360 is just as, if not more, powerful.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Fort Worth TX
Posts: 6,755
Reputation: 4252
TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.
Default

__________________

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,976
Reputation: 6046785
njx9 has disabled reputation
Default

fwiw, the graphics numbers you've posted so far are, as far as i've seen, off base. the ps3's video card has more pipelines, and more and better fpu's.

but ignoring statistical inaccuracies and biases, power is compeltely irrelevant. from a generalized standpoint, it's ustterly moronic to argue about the technology differences between the two machines, as the only thing that's really important is whether or not the developers bother learning how to optimize code before the next set come out. i have sincere doubts that the last round of games for either console will even come close to taking advantage of the hardware.

also, yes, i like aids.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
frogstomp
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
fwiw, the graphics numbers you've posted so far are, as far as i've seen, off base. the ps3's video card has more pipelines, and more and better fpu's.

but ignoring statistical inaccuracies and biases, power is compeltely irrelevant. from a generalized standpoint, it's ustterly moronic to argue about the technology differences between the two machines, as the only thing that's really important is whether or not the developers bother learning how to optimize code before the next set come out. i have sincere doubts that the last round of games for either console will even come close to taking advantage of the hardware.

also, yes, i like aids.
Actually, the 360 has more pipelines... :?

Anyways, I stayed out of this argument until some guy came in spouting off facts which were not true, and had no basis. As for power, it's still helpful. Look at Xbox and Gamecube graphics compared to PS2 graphics...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,130
Reputation: 14936
Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'm going to play PS3 now :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
__________________
Eaglez.Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
nyjetsfan15
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 129
Reputation: 10
nyjetsfan15 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

the 360.

much better game selection,same graphics, $200 cheaper.
__________________
nyjetsfan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,130
Reputation: 14936
Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjetsfan15
the 360.

much better game selection,same graphics, $200 cheaper.
We are talking about if they are the same price, and game selction is a terrible agrument, because the PS3 pretty much just came out


And btw NFS carbon is amazing
__________________
Eaglez.Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,137
Reputation: 7736
DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
You guys don't understand how much more powerfull the PS3 is. Right now yes they are almost identical, because the games out now are copies of the 360 version. The new games (like said b4) like blow away any 360 game. In terms of gameplay, realism of overall game, and graphics will be better. NBA 07 the life, is quite a bit better than the 360, its the best graphic game for the PS3 so far, but it still doesn't reach its full potential
I don't think 360 is at its full potential yet either...
DoWnThEfiElD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: :noitacoL
Posts: 3,325
Reputation: 581
Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.
Default

What most people dont understand is that its not about the graphics. Its about the gameplay. Sony consoles have never had good exclusive games (the GTA series was the only one off the top of my head, and that went to microsoft), and thats what counts. I believe the Wii has the best potential, but as far as 360 vs. PS3, I believe the 360 is much better.
__________________

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 5,557
Reputation: 63805
Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I personally like the 360 more, what's not to like about it. About the same type of graphics, but better gameplay and a better selection of games.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pentagon City, VA
Posts: 22,876
Reputation: 520433
SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
You guys don't understand how much more powerfull the PS3 is. Right now yes they are almost identical, because the games out now are copies of the 360 version. The new games (like said b4) like blow away any 360 game. In terms of gameplay, realism of overall game, and graphics will be better. NBA 07 the life, is quite a bit better than the 360, its the best graphic game for the PS3 so far, but it still doesn't reach its full potential
I don't think 360 is at its full potential yet either...
Of course it's not.
__________________

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.