Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the worst of these teams?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 6 5.88%
Philadelphia Eagles 0 0%
New Orleans Saints 1 0.98%
Houston Texans 31 30.39%
Buffalo Bills 29 28.43%
Tennessee Titans 24 23.53%
Washington Redskins 4 3.92%
Green Bay Packers 3 2.94%
Minnesota Vikings 1 0.98%
Cleveland Browns 3 2.94%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
IceKubes
Rookie

IceKubes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
true that all.

And to the guy before you, lets think about this, Schaub and Edwards both only started a portion of the games last season due to injuries. Schaub has more years of experience but most of that was riding the bench, and I like the Bills supporting cast more. They each have #1's in Andre and Evans, but then I'll take Parrish and Hardy over any other Texans receiver. As previously stated, all Hardy has to do to have a successful rookie campaign is bring down some jump balls in the end zone.

And I really think that Lynch + Bills o-line >>> Any Texans runner + Texans o-line. The closeness of all the other positions on the teams means that still puts the Bills over the top IMO
Fair enough but I will say that I believe if at the end of the year the Bills have a better record than the Texans or are considered a better team etc. it will be because their defense stepped up. I really don't think there is any chance that the Bills offense is more productive next year than the Texans. I'll even go out on a limb a little bit and predict that the Texans run game as a whole will be more productive than the Bills. I'm not hating on the Bills either, I see a lot of similarities in the two teams, I just think that on offense the Texans are currently at where the Bills want to be in a couple years.
IceKubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:44 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub11 View Post
texans for me, lack of run game and they just dont excite me much
Alex Gibbs is their O-Line coach. Lack of run game won't be a problem no matter who they have at RB. I'll be surprised if they don't have one of the Top 5-10 rushing games in the league.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
ALD
Rookie

ALD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKubes View Post
Fair enough but I will say that I believe if at the end of the year the Bills have a better record than the Texans or are considered a better team etc. it will be because their defense stepped up. I really don't think there is any chance that the Bills offense is more productive next year than the Texans. I'll even go out on a limb a little bit and predict that the Texans run game as a whole will be more productive than the Bills. I'm not hating on the Bills either, I see a lot of similarities in the two teams, I just think that on offense the Texans are currently at where the Bills want to be in a couple years.
I'll take pretty much any bet that the Bills rushing attack rakes up more yards and TDs than the Texans, the Bills Oline is a lot better and they have better RBs. You can't really use stats to judge the bills from last year, they had so many injuries and Started the season with JP Losman at QB, basically admitting that they wouldn't be a threat to pass the ball.

Honestly if the bills are where the texans are now in 2 years they'll have gotten worse. The Texans really only have the bills at QB and TE, and QB might be a different story after this season, everywhere else the bills have more talent and their Oline has already gelled whereas houston's got a rookie LT coming in.

PLus the Bills have simply exceptional special teams, meaning they win the field position battle almost every time and that also is a lot of help to a young QB who's still trying not to do too much.

This is just comparing them from a talent stand point, add in schedules and the divisions their in and extremely comfortable saying the bills have a much better shot at the playoffs than the texans.
ALD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is too close for me to close up and move on just yet.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
This is too close for me to close up and move on just yet.
I think this might be to the point where it starts to bog down because most of the people who vote have already voted.

You could start a new one with just the Texans and Bills since they're the top 2 atm. Make all the Texans voters rehash their votes at least.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
ALD
Rookie

ALD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I think this might be to the point where it starts to bog down because most of the people who vote have already voted.

You could start a new one with just the Texans and Bills since they're the top 2 atm. Make all the Texans voters rehash their votes at least.
Maybe the Texans, Titans and Bills since those are clearly the top 3 choices this go around.
ALD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 11:29 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD View Post
Maybe the Texans, Titans and Bills since those are clearly the top 3 choices this go around.
What I think I would honestly do then is just fill the next 3 real quick by just putting in the Texans, Bills and Titans. kill 3 birds with one stone since they are all a sizeable distance ahead of the others
Old 08-07-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
IceKubes
Rookie

IceKubes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD View Post
I'll take pretty much any bet that the Bills rushing attack rakes up more yards and TDs than the Texans, the Bills Oline is a lot better and they have better RBs. You can't really use stats to judge the bills from last year, they had so many injuries and Started the season with JP Losman at QB, basically admitting that they wouldn't be a threat to pass the ball.

Honestly if the bills are where the texans are now in 2 years they'll have gotten worse. The Texans really only have the bills at QB and TE, and QB might be a different story after this season, everywhere else the bills have more talent and their Oline has already gelled whereas houston's got a rookie LT coming in.

PLus the Bills have simply exceptional special teams, meaning they win the field position battle almost every time and that also is a lot of help to a young QB who's still trying not to do too much.

This is just comparing them from a talent stand point, add in schedules and the divisions their in and extremely comfortable saying the bills have a much better shot at the playoffs than the texans.
The Texans had just as many injuries as the Bills had last year including missing Andre Johnson for 7 games which hurt our offense significantly. I'm pretty sure that they had an equal amount of players put on IR so both teams technically led the league in that category. I don't watch the Bills play so the only real way I can judge them are by the numbers. From what you have said about the Texans I'm pretty sure you didn't watch any/much to them last year. Edwards is a good looking young QB but it takes more than 1 year in the NFL for a quarterback to come into his own.

As far as the offense comparisons go I do not think you necessarily overrating the Bills starters but you are definitely almost criminally underrating everyone on the Texans offense. With Andre Johnson healthy last season that was an elite offense and would have put up more than 400 points for the year. Even without him and without the starting QB and RB they came close. Yes there will be a rookie starting left tackle in all likelihood but hes replacing Ephraim Salaam so I don't expect any drop off and honestly he probably slightly outperforms him this year.

Bottom line is that Buffalo put up 15.75pts per game and Houston put up 23.68pts. There is reason to expect improvement from both, not just the Bills, and theres no way that gap is closed this year imo(and will you really be complaining if in two years your offense is putting up about 24 points per game?) You guys may have an easier schedule/division and like I said, if you make the playoffs or do better than the Texans it will be because your defense stepped up and your offense improved enough. As long as Kubiak is the head coach down here the offense is going to run smoothly.
IceKubes is offline   Reply With Quote