Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-22-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman
I can't believe anybody would think that we were more talented before Parcells, then after. We have the talent on this team now to continue to make the playoffs for years. One month ago everybody is talking about the great young talent we have on this team, and then now everybody is saying Parcells didn't do anythinging Campo couldn't.

Half this board have a moodswing whenever something big happens to the cowboys. This thread is becoming a joke.
who said we dont have more talent now? talents not the question,coaching is.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
From Yahoo.com... LeBron James is a Huge Dallas Cowboys fan...

His reaction to Parcells' retiring:

"It's disappointing," he said. "I know what he brought to that franchise, and we probably won't be able to get anyone on his level."

8)
HAHAHAHAHA quoting a basketball player hahahahahaha getting desperate.
LMFAO! I didn't say it to prove a point. I already did that, for which you had no response to... cause you'd look dumb trying to back it up.

I didn't know Lebron was a Cowboys fan and it was cool seeing what he said. Thought I'd share that with fans who actually have a clue about what Parcells meant to the team.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Now Singletary thrown in the mix. My gosh....I actually wouldn't mind him though, but a close up of his face in your avatar is a bit too much. He looks mildly cross-eyed or something.
What do you mean? You only heard of him being a favorite of mine now? I've liked him as a HC possibility for any team since last year when he started interviewing for them.

Shall I add you to the petition?
Old 01-22-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre1614
Quote:
Quote:
Does anyone like Rex Ryan as HC?
No.
Why not?
Let me repeat myself.

No.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman
I can't believe anybody would think that we were more talented before Parcells, then after. We have the talent on this team now to continue to make the playoffs for years. One month ago everybody is talking about the great young talent we have on this team, and then now everybody is saying Parcells didn't do anythinging Campo couldn't.

Half this board have a moodswing whenever something big happens to the cowboys. This thread is becoming a joke.
who said we dont have more talent now? talents not the question,coaching is.
And how would you grade the level of talent when Chan Gailey inherited the team compared to when Bill Parcells inherited the team? Cause you are quick to compare the two when it comes to winning records right?
Old 01-22-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

"It's disappointing," he said. "I know what he brought to that franchise, and we probably won't be able to get anyone on his level."

8)
LMFAO! I didn't say it to prove a point. I already did that, for which you had no response to... cause you'd look dumb trying to back it up.

I didn't know Lebron was a Cowboys fan and it was cool seeing what he said. Thought I'd share that with fans who actually have a clue about what Parcells meant to the team.
LMAO i didnt respond because the whole chan thing was dripping in sarcasm but because your little panties are in a wad over your man crush you feel you have to defend him no matter what. your the one with no clue. if his last name was anything other than parcells youd be saying the same thing as me. thats a fact.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
dre1614
Rookie

dre1614 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No.
Why not?
Let me repeat myself.

No.
so your judging him on how he looks?
dre1614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No.
Why not?
Well, considering his father's history with the Cowboys (Bounty Bowl anyone?), it would certainly be strange. But then I still find it surreal to have TO in a Cowboys uniform. :)
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No.
Why not?
Let me repeat myself.

No.
so your judging him on how he looks?
Yes.

Seriously... I can't picture it.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

8)

LMAO i didnt respond because the whole chan thing was dripping in sarcasm but because your little panties are in a wad over your man crush you feel you have to defend him no matter what. your the one with no clue. if his last name was anything other than parcells youd be saying the same thing as me. thats a fact.
So now that you feel like you're losing your battle, you just wanna say that you were being sarcastic about it all... umm.. ok.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Can somebody, anybody do me a favor?

Go to footballsfuture and go into the forums, and tell me what it says if you can't get in..or let me know if you did get in. I would really appreciate the help.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

8)

So now that you feel like you're losing your battle, you just wanna say that you were being sarcastic about it all... umm.. ok.

dude nobody would be stupid enough to compare chan to a hall of fame coach like parcells. btw im not losing your getting smoked. anybody with a clue would recognize sarcasm. that would be like me comparing john blake with bob stoops. no comparison. a man with hall of fame credentials comes to coach my team with a proven record, well i guess i just expected a little more than you. if you got what you wanted, i happy for you. i didnt and im sure jerry didnt either.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Now Singletary thrown in the mix. My gosh....I actually wouldn't mind him though, but a close up of his face in your avatar is a bit too much. He looks mildly cross-eyed or something.
What do you mean? You only heard of him being a favorite of mine now? I've liked him as a HC possibility for any team since last year when he started interviewing for them.

Shall I add you to the petition?
Nah, I am hoping for more of an offensive minded coach.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the new look, D. You should make a sig.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

Despite what you think of Parcells, whether you are glad that he left or not how can anybody on this board call him a failure? We Cowboys fans are so spoiled when it comes to winning Super Bowls that anybody who didn't is a failure. Really all you have to do is take a look at the Pre-Parcells roster and the current roster and tell me he didn't do a good job. Forget about the record, this guy totally changed the organization for the better. All I can hope is that Jerry and the scouting department learned from him, because if not have fun watching the draft with Jerry making all the decisions again.

Oh and D-Unit you can definately add me to the Singeltary petition, i'm all for this guy, he is young, fiery, and has experience in the 3-4. I say bring him on.
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnoyes
Despite what you think of Parcells, whether you are glad that he left or not how can anybody on this board call him a failure? We Cowboys fans are so spoiled when it comes to winning Super Bowls that anybody who didn't is a failure. Really all you have to do is take a look at the Pre-Parcells roster and the current roster and tell me he didn't do a good job. Forget about the record, this guy totally changed the organization for the better. All I can hope is that Jerry and the scouting department learned from him, because if not have fun watching the draft with Jerry making all the decisions again.

Oh and D-Unit you can definately add me to the Singeltary petition, i'm all for this guy, he is young, fiery, and has experience in the 3-4. I say bring him on.
He's got a lot of trendy characteristics that Jerry should love...

Big Name: check
3-4 Experience: check
Defensive guy: check
Leadership: check
Motivator: check
Can command respect from players: check
Teacher: check

...and besides... Black coaches are the new "in" thing...
Old 01-22-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I've read a little here and there and I've come to a conclusion. I want Wade Phillips... With Wade comes the potential hiring of Chargers LB coach, Greg Manusky. The man is only 41 and he is one hell of a teacher. The way I see it, Wade will be the short term answer being 60 and all and Manusky can be our D coord. atleast until Wade calls it a career. This would be the ideal situation in my mind. So, if we do indeed sign Phillips keep that name (Manusky) in the back of your mind.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh I forgot something... lets say we sign Phillips, I would not be surprised to see him hire former, coachmate... Dan Reeves as our Offensive coord.

HeadCoach: Phillips
O. Coord: Reeves
D. Coord: Manusky

That would be an excellent staff imo but, I'm not too sure if i'd want Reeves. That being said I wouldnt be surprised at all if this were to unfold like this.

I've been gazing into my crystal ball for this one. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-22-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

Texas native and 3 time Baylor All American: check
Once got the end of his finger cut off and went back into the game for a touchdown stopping goal line stand: check

Our defense had no backbone this year, I think this guy could provide some.
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnoyes

He's got a lot of trendy characteristics that Jerry should love...

...and besides... Black coaches are the new "in" thing...
Question about singletary, is he a "in your face, rah rah" type of guy, or is he tony dungy? I remember the type he was, but I have'nt paif to much attention to him on the sidelines.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I like Singeltary but, I dont really believe he will even be considered for the position. Call it a hunch or whatever, I think Jerry is looking for more of an experienced guy. I would welcome Mike with open arms but, I dont find it very likely. I personally would prefer Wade Phillips and find that more plausible.

For the record, D-Unit has been pulling for Singeltary or Whisenhunt for a very long time for those skeptics out there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 01-23-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF??? WTF??? WTF???

As a 49ers fan, Mike Singletary is one of the few bright spots I have as a 49ers fan. Please dont take that away. Thank you.

As for who your next HC will be, here's my guess, USC HC Pete Carroll.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
Oh I forgot something... lets say we sign Phillips, I would not be surprised to see him hire former, coachmate... Dan Reeves as our Offensive coord.

HeadCoach: Phillips
O. Coord: Reeves
D. Coord: Manusky

That would be an excellent staff imo but, I'm not too sure if i'd want Reeves. That being said I wouldnt be surprised at all if this were to unfold like this.

I've been gazing into my crystal ball for this one. :D
I'd prefer Martz as OC. :D

But along with you, Phillips is my #1 guy.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:42 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
I like Singeltary but, I dont really believe he will even be considered for the position. Call it a hunch or whatever, I think Jerry is looking for more of an experienced guy. I would welcome Mike with open arms but, I dont find it very likely. I personally would prefer Wade Phillips and find that more plausible.

For the record, D-Unit has been pulling for Singeltary or Whisenhunt for a very long time for those skeptics out there.
Singletary doesn't have to be your first choice... for you to be in the petition.

Whaddaya say? :D
Old 01-23-2007, 01:44 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733
WTF??? WTF??? WTF???

As a 49ers fan, Mike Singletary is one of the few bright spots I have as a 49ers fan. Please dont take that away. Thank you.

As for who your next HC will be, here's my guess, USC HC Pete Carroll.
You got a good one sitting in your corner... Don't cha...

Mike wants to be a HC pretty badly, however... So I don't know how much longer you guys can keep him in your stable.