Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who will be Miami's Starting QB?
Josh McCown 22 27.85%
Chad Pennington (If he signs) 38 48.10%
Chad Henne 10 12.66%
John Beck 9 11.39%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2008, 10:17 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
If he signs, I'll go with Pennington getting in and learning enough to take the reins of a play it safe offense. I can't imagine Pennington really would be able to go into a much better situation, though, in regards to Parcells being in his corner, which is always a boost. If Pennington signs, I look for them to somewhat showcase McCown or Beck and ship one of them off when an injury happens (Beck probably would get more in return). I think Henne starts the year at number 3, perhaps moves up to 2 at some point midseason. Whether or not he ends the year as the starter probably will depend on how well Chad Pennington plays.

Now, if Pennington doesn't sign, I would guess McCown, but that's somewhat random.

whats up toonster

i would go pennington as well if he is signed
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will probably be McCown he gives them the best chance to win not saying that it's great but it is the best
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks like it'll be pennington
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3526489
Old 08-08-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
StrongSide97
Rookie

StrongSide97 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
Worthless move if you ask me...a waste of nearly 12 million dollars.
StrongSide97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongSide97 View Post
Worthless move if you ask me...a waste of nearly 12 million dollars.
Eh....doesn't surprise me too much. Parcells and crew want to get off on the right foot....better chance of that with Pennington than say McCown imo.

I bet Beck gets cut now. Maybe McCown.....but they have no ties to Beck and could care less i believe. Wouldn't surprise me a bit now
Old 08-09-2008, 01:47 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I will have to say Pennington now. But I also think Henne will finish the season as the starter.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 03:22 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the chiefs might have shown some interest because of the Herm connection, I guess not.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 03:40 AM    (permalink
LuCKy_JuNiOr

I think it has to be Pennington, with him signing, he instantly becomes the best QB on that team.
Old 08-09-2008, 03:42 AM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

OOO! Another Vegas Resident! OOO!

Oh, and I agree.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 06:39 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuCKy_JuNiOr View Post
I think it has to be Pennington, with him signing, he instantly becomes the best QB on that team.
which says everything about the Dolphins' qbs and very little about Pennington.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I thought the chiefs might have shown some interest because of the Herm connection, I guess not.
Rumor in KC was KC was his second choice but he has had a better chance to start in Miami as well as playing The NY Brett's twice a year.

The Chiefs for sure had an interest but he would have been a back up here the Chiefs are bound and determined to see what Croyle can do he looked pretty good vs Da Bears.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I dunno. Pennington is a pretty good quarterback. Sure, he has durability concerns and he wouldn't fit into an offense predicated on the deep ball, but he's nothing if not efficient. I mean, this is a guy who had, what, a 68% completion percentage last year? Also, if I remember correctly, in terms of passer rating he's one of the top guys in the league.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Eh....doesn't surprise me too much. Parcells and crew want to get off on the right foot....better chance of that with Pennington than say McCown imo.

I bet Beck gets cut now. Maybe McCown.....but they have no ties to Beck and could care less i believe. Wouldn't surprise me a bit now
I agree, doesn't look good for Beck. Beck wasn't Parcells QB, and Parcells like to have QBs that he likes running his teams and he drafted Chad so this comes as no surprise to me.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
I dunno. Pennington is a pretty good quarterback. Sure, he has durability concerns and he wouldn't fit into an offense predicated on the deep ball, but he's nothing if not efficient. I mean, this is a guy who had, what, a 68% completion percentage last year? Also, if I remember correctly, in terms of passer rating he's one of the top guys in the league.
Although his ankle being better now will help a little and supposedly he has a little more zip on his passes, his lack of arm strength really hurts him when it comes to turning the ball over, especially late in games. One minute he's driving the team down the field down 7 or less for a potential game tying/winning score, and the next a corner jumps an out down the sideline and is running it back the other way for 6. When he's forced to keep it on the sidelines and defenses know he will be, I almost knew the turnover was coming late in games. That said he's a great guy and a good game manager, plus he got a really rough deal with the Jets this offseason. Hopefully he finds some success down there, just not against us.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Teddy Ginn won't get a chance to do much as a receiver now. Derek Hagan might though, if he can catch the ball.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
So Teddy Ginn won't get a chance to do much as a receiver now. Derek Hagan might though, if he can catch the ball.
Good point. Pennington wouldn't be able to let Ginn do what he does best and that is stretch the field because of his lack of arm strength. I think Pennington will start, but the other three options would be better for this team because they are rebuilding and need to let the young guys develop. I know it will be tough to throw in a rookie (Henne) or a second year guy
(Beck), but neither of them are really raw QBs. That is how I see it anyways.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Although his ankle being better now will help a little and supposedly he has a little more zip on his passes, his lack of arm strength really hurts him when it comes to turning the ball over, especially late in games. One minute he's driving the team down the field down 7 or less for a potential game tying/winning score, and the next a corner jumps an out down the sideline and is running it back the other way for 6. When he's forced to keep it on the sidelines and defenses know he will be, I almost knew the turnover was coming late in games. That said he's a great guy and a good game manager, plus he got a really rough deal with the Jets this offseason. Hopefully he finds some success down there, just not against us.
This is actually a pretty insightful post. Most people think that arm strength only affects a quarterback in his ability to drive the ball down the field. Realistically, though, where arm strength (or lack thereof) comes into play when a quarterback has to throw outside the hashmarks, and in Penny's case, he's pretty much incapable of it.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:33 PM    (permalink
LuCKy_JuNiOr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Agreed. My post wasn't necessarily stating that Pennington was "good." I still think he sucks, (That's why they went for a QB and dropped him.) but he does become the best QB on the worst team.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pennington at the beginning. Them either Henne or Beck at the end

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
njx9isafagggg

Miami is turning into Tampa Bay south.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pennington will obviously be Miami's starter, they aren't paying him all that money to ride the bench.
While Pennington's arm is rather mundane, I believe he holds the highest completion percentage in the history of the league at over 66%. He's a very solid timing passer who throws the ball extremely accurately and I think he'll improve Miami immensely if he can stay healthy. He could easily be Miami's starter for the next 2 years. He has shown in the past that he can throw the deep patterns quite effectively even with his arm. His main problem is threading the ball into tight quarters when a receiver is only marginally open.