Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 08-04-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks | Gray retires
Mon, 4 Aug 2008 12:33:31 -0700

Gregg Bell, of The Associated Press, reports Seattle Seahawks OG Chris Gray (back, spine) retired from the National Football League Monday, Aug. 4, because of issues with lower back and spine injuries that threatened his ability to walk. Gray said team doctors said he risked paralysis if he continued to play.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Seahawks | Gray retires
Mon, 4 Aug 2008 12:33:31 -0700

Gregg Bell, of The Associated Press, reports Seattle Seahawks OG Chris Gray (back, spine) retired from the National Football League Monday, Aug. 4, because of issues with lower back and spine injuries that threatened his ability to walk. Gray said team doctors said he risked paralysis if he continued to play.
I wish Gray could go out on better terms. He was definitely a warrior for the Hawks. This should only effect depth due to Mike Wahle pickup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
StrongSide97
Rookie

StrongSide97 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I've been thinking about the Seahawks upcoming draft lately, and was wondering the following. Do you guys see any chance at all that the Seahawks could draft a running back this year. I know that they have signed T.J. Duckett, Julius Jones. They still have Maurice Morris and drafted Justin Forsett, but I wouldn't totally rule out the speculation. Duckett and Jones, are the exact same back, just opposite styles, if you know what I mean.
They are both underachievers who are only good in they're respective situations(Duckett in goal line situations and running the clock down, Jones in third downs and scat situations) Shaun Alexander was both of those backs when he was at MVP status.

Of course another barrier is money, but look at Oakland, they signed Dominic Rhodes, then released him the following season. Don't get me wrong, Seattle won't be in the Top 10 looking at guys like Beanie Wells and Knowshon Moreno, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were in the early-mid twenties looking at guys like Keiland Williams or James Davis.

I know the two back system is the trend going on right now, but the Seahawks were great when Alexander was carrying the ball 20-25 times a game.

Thats what I think, you guys?
StrongSide97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongSide97 View Post
I've been thinking about the Seahawks upcoming draft lately, and was wondering the following. Do you guys see any chance at all that the Seahawks could draft a running back this year. I know that they have signed T.J. Duckett, Julius Jones. They still have Maurice Morris and drafted Justin Forsett, but I wouldn't totally rule out the speculation. Duckett and Jones, are the exact same back, just opposite styles, if you know what I mean.
They are both underachievers who are only good in they're respective situations(Duckett in goal line situations and running the clock down, Jones in third downs and scat situations) Shaun Alexander was both of those backs when he was at MVP status.

Of course another barrier is money, but look at Oakland, they signed Dominic Rhodes, then released him the following season. Don't get me wrong, Seattle won't be in the Top 10 looking at guys like Beanie Wells and Knowshon Moreno, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were in the early-mid twenties looking at guys like Keiland Williams or James Davis.

I know the two back system is the trend going on right now, but the Seahawks were great when Alexander was carrying the ball 20-25 times a game.

of course having a true number 1 RB fits the WCO, but we need a QB of the future too. Plus, who knows if the Walrus' replacement even runs the WCO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongSide97 View Post

I'm trying not to think about next years draft right now, but as for taking a RB in the first, I'm pretty sure you can rule that out.

Jones was successful in his situation in Dallas until he was asked to start splitting carries with Marion Barber. Duckett, who knows, I don't even know how they'll use him.

The big thing is, is Jim Mora Jr. going to want to use a feature back? Thinking about the elite RB's out there, only Brian Westbrook and Steven Jackson come to mind as being "the guy". I neglected others because they have injury issues, so I can't really put them here without expecting them to be hurt. Peterson, Tomlinson, Addai, Barber, all have split significant carries with another back.

I think we'll just have to wait and see how our RB by commitee approach works before we come to any judgments about next years class.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I Love forsett, hes so good, ever since UW played him in collage this year ive liked him. You guys should be happy you got him.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:42 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree with the above, I saw him and Lynch play USC and have been a big fan since. Forsett had I think around 1500 yards last year in the pac-10, so he has the ability to run the ball. I hope he makes the team, and if he doesnt, I hope the Bears pick him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:12 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yesterday in the preseason game I alternated between laughing in astonishment and disbelief watching him. He's a little wrecking ball out there. I hope he makes the team, it's fun watching a guy like him run.

Course, if he does make the team it's going to have to be as a special teams player, but man it was fun watching him bounce off of people yesterday.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Default Seahawks Preseason Discussion

I just thought that I'd post this thread up so that people could talk about things that they are seeing in the preseason, like disappointments, players you like, and so on.

I'll start out by listing the players that impressed me yesterday in the preseason game with Minnesota:

Jordan Kent - Obviously he is going to be an amazing receiver in the league someday as soon as he gets experience. He is one of the fastest guys on the team and is going to be a favorite target as soon as he gets more polished.

Hawthorne - Wow! "The Heater" as they say he is called was explosive yesterday in the game. I couldn't believe how hard he was hitting. Forced two fumbles, if he takes that explosiveness to the special teams, he is going to be an exciting player to watch.

Justin Forsett - He bounced off people and it was fun watching a little guy doing that. He reminds me of Maurice Jones-Drew, and I only hope that someday he will be as good. He kept moving forward after contact and generally managed to get an extra yard or two, very impressed with him.

The Passing Game - Yesterday it looked very polished, the offensive line rarely let anyone get close to Hasslebeck, and then the same happened when Seneca Wallace came in. The first team looked precise and here's hoping it's a sign of things to come.

Maurice Morris - 6 carries, 62 yards. Even though one of the Williams wasn't in, it was still impressive. He was running hard.

Michael Bumpus - Though it pains me to say this of a Cougar (Go Dawgs!)...he did pretty good in the game yesterday. It is going to be interesting to see if he will make the team or not.

Howard Green - He was a force in the middle and he showed that he can stop the run and get to the quarterback. He had a very impressive night and ended up with an interception. Pretty cool.

Tyler Schmitt - I didn't see a botched snap from the long snapper. It's nice seeing that there will be consistency at the position.

Owen Schmitt - He may make the team or he may get put on the practice squad. Whatever happens it was nice to see a fullback catch the ball and seek out contact after he got downfield a ways. We'll have to see how he does when he gets more repitions.

Now onto the disappointments:

T.J. Duckett - Two fumbles, even though they were called back. He wasn't getting very many yards, and when he couldn't hit the hole he was looking like Shaun Alexander back there trying to dance.

Julius Jones - Only because I didn't really see him run the ball very often.

The First Team Defense - This is supposed to be the strong spot of the team and it seemed like there were some issues stopping the other team. I understand not everyone was healthy, but it was still disappointing to watch.

John Carlson - I didn't really see him in the game, and for someone who is supposed to be the starter come the start of the season, it was kind of disappointing to see him only have one reception I think.

The Kickers - I wanted to see Coutu kicking field goals, not Mare. There is really no complaint with their performances, it's just I wanted to see the kicking battle, not Coutu on kickoffs and Mare on everything else. This one falls on the coaches.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:28 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I think he is one of those players that plays stronger than he looks. I remember watching him once this year, where he would just use some of his power, and here is me thinking "he is just a little guy!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Terrible news, Bobby Engram out 6-8 weeks

And that's not all, also developments with Hasselbeck and Marcus Tubbs.

Quote:
Engram out up to eight weeks

KIRKLAND, Wash. (AP) -- Seahawks leading receiver Bobby Engram will miss six to eight weeks with a cracked shoulder, coach Mike Holmgren says.

The 35-year-old Engram set a Seattle franchise record last season with 94 catches and then skipped offseason minicamps while in a dispute over his contract that expires after this season.

Pro Bowl quarterback Matt Hasselbeck also missed practice for the second consecutive day Monday. He has a back injury. He might miss Saturday's preseason game against the Chicago Bears.

Seattle also released former first-round pick Marcus Tubbs after the former starting defensive tackle failed a physical. Tubbs had been trying to make it back from knee surgery.
link

Hasselbeck's best receiver for the first month to month and a half is going to be Nate Burleson. Yikes.