Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-23-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rick Gosselin is promoting jim caldwell. just ignore anything anti parcells in this article.

http://www.cowboysplus.com/buzzbar/s...n.d162f1c.html
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:11 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by iameverywhere
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
more from jjt...

jlust22: Previously, Jerry has said the organization is committed to
running the 3-4 defense regardless of who the coach is. Do you think
Jerry is still married to the 3-4 and is the Cowboys personnel only equipped to play that scheme or are they versatile enough to play the 4-3?

Jean-Jacques Taylor: Good question. The personnel is really suited to play the 3-4, especially if you want to get the most of the talent. The defense, when played properly, is excellent because of the varied ways you can rush the passer. The Cowboys played the most basic 3-4 in NFL history.

DanB: Heard Ditka talking about Mike Singletary. Any chance? Good idea?

Jean-Jacques Taylor: Someone is going to give him an opportunity because he's such a fantastic leader of men based on everything you hear. But I don't think Jerry is going to be the one to do it.

Coach Potato: I agree with your column regarding Parcells. Let's not forget he had high drafts picks and tons of salary cap room all four seasons. What average coach couldn't make due with that?

Jean-Jacques Taylor: Here's the deal: Parcells was brought here to be great - not average. The expectations were high based on his success with other teams. No coach with his background could possibly be happy with a 34-32 record and no playoff wins. It is what it is.
Quoting a journalist??? LMAO!!! Getting desperate!
hahaha nice very very nice :D read this if you want the truth. but it will hurt your feelings.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...l.1b6c1c7.html
JJT? Mr I love me some TO. Or better yet the same guy who said Parcells runs a simple scheme so he can better control the players. Huh???? Reality check.

JJT is doing a lynching and he should know what that looks like. Reminds me of Deion Sanders with less intellect and money.

Why don't you find the Todd Archer articles. You know, Todd Archer, the guy Parcells actually referred to by name and would not berate.
hey buddy i warned you it was going to hurt your feelings. the truth hurts.
Sorry to hurt yours but JJT should be cutting my lawn. He can't even speak english properly. Sad but true.
nawwww you just cant read english properly :? :?
LOL, ya. Keep dreamin. For every idiot reporter BP disrespected who has an ax to grind -- I will find 2 players who speak highly of him. So ... c ya.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Rick Gosselin is promoting jim caldwell. just ignore anything anti parcells in this article.

This is why Gosselin is also grinding an ax -- read this falsehood

"Parcells constructed a team that leaned heavily on veteran players, much as Joe Gibbs has done at Washington in his second go-round. Gibbs won three Super Bowls in the pre-salary cap era and Parcells two. You could afford to start older players and carry veteran backups under the old system. But not under the new system."

Where are all the veteran players BP built the team on? Romo? Ware? James? Williams? Newman? TO? Oh yeah, TO was Jerry Jones.

Parcells was murdered for getting rid of the veterans from the 1990s and early 2000 (Allen, Emmitt, Coakley, Glover, etc) and now he only like Old Players?

These guys are just really biased. They are not doing any fact checking. They are simply repeating the old negative comments about Bill Parcells in spite of their inaccuracy.

And the idiot fans like Pocket Aces (sorry for the insult) just go and repeat it with as much thought as the Zerox.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
more from jjt...

jlust22: Previously, Jerry has said the organization is committed to
running the 3-4 defense regardless of who the coach is. Do you think
Jerry is still married to the 3-4 and is the Cowboys personnel only equipped to play that scheme or are they versatile enough to play the 4-3?

Jean-Jacques Taylor: Good question. The personnel is really suited to play the 3-4, especially if you want to get the most of the talent. The defense, when played properly, is excellent because of the varied ways you can rush the passer. The Cowboys played the most basic 3-4 in NFL history.

DanB: Heard Ditka talking about Mike Singletary. Any chance? Good idea?

Jean-Jacques Taylor: Someone is going to give him an opportunity because he's such a fantastic leader of men based on everything you hear. But I don't think Jerry is going to be the one to do it.

Coach Potato: I agree with your column regarding Parcells. Let's not forget he had high drafts picks and tons of salary cap room all four seasons. What average coach couldn't make due with that?

Jean-Jacques Taylor: Here's the deal: Parcells was brought here to be great - not average. The expectations were high based on his success with other teams. No coach with his background could possibly be happy with a 34-32 record and no playoff wins. It is what it is.
Quoting a journalist??? LMAO!!! Getting desperate!
hahaha nice very very nice :D read this if you want the truth. but it will hurt your feelings.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...l.1b6c1c7.html
JJT? Mr I love me some TO. Or better yet the same guy who said Parcells runs a simple scheme so he can better control the players. Huh???? Reality check.

JJT is doing a lynching and he should know what that looks like. Reminds me of Deion Sanders with less intellect and money.

Why don't you find the Todd Archer articles. You know, Todd Archer, the guy Parcells actually referred to by name and would not berate.
hey buddy i warned you it was going to hurt your feelings. the truth hurts.
Sorry to hurt yours but JJT should be cutting my lawn. He can't even speak english properly. Sad but true.
nawwww you just cant read english properly :? :?
LOL, ya. Keep dreamin. For every idiot reporter BP disrespected who has an ax to grind -- I will find 2 players who speak highly of him. So ... c ya.
LMAO... bring whatever you want because the bottom line is no matter if you love him, hate him or sleep with him, the failure known as the parcells era is over!! hopfully the next coach will properly use the talent that is here and we can move on from this debacle. big bill made his money and moved on and you should too.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
i.want.troys.hair
Rookie

i.want.troys.hair hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICowboyFan
Lovi Smith - Believe it or not. Lovi wants a contract extension for $5m/year. Chicago is only offering $2.7m/year. Jerry is a good friend of Lovi and reportly has said he would offer lovi $5-$7m/year. It looks like Chicago would rather lose Lovi than Ron Rivera.
Where did you get this information?

I personally would rather have Rivera, but I don't think the Bears FO feels that way.

And money won't be an issue with Lovie. We are one of the most profitable franchises in the NFL, much like the Cowboys. They just wanted Lovie to win a game in the playoffs before they gave him a big contract extension.

Ed Werder from ESPN reported it today on WFAN in New York. According to Ed the Bears will not give Lovi his $5m/year. Maybe they will change their mind if the Bears win the Super Bowl. But it sounds like they are more high on Ron Rivera. I would rather have Rivera as well.
i.want.troys.hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 03:34 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:

"Parcells constructed a team that leaned heavily on veteran players, much as Joe Gibbs has done at Washington in his second go-round. Gibbs won three Super Bowls in the pre-salary cap era and Parcells two. You could afford to start older players and carry veteran backups under the old system. But not under the new system."

Where are all the veteran players BP built the team on? Romo? Ware? James? Williams? Newman? TO? Oh yeah, TO was Jerry Jones.

Parcells was murdered for getting rid of the veterans from the 1990s and early 2000 (Allen, Emmitt, Coakley, Glover, etc) and now he only like Old Players?

These guys are just really biased. They are not doing any fact checking. They are simply repeating the old negative comments about Bill Parcells in spite of their inaccuracy.

And the idiot fans like Pocket Aces (sorry for the insult) just go and repeat it with as much thought as the Zerox.
dude did you miss the part where i said ignore the anti parcells in this article? once again the media hates parcells and they all have an axe to grind. GROW UP, nobody hates parcells he just didnt get the job done. i know that hurts your feelings but its a fact. you must have missed this from that same article that your quoting.

Parcells started 11 different players in their 30s this season. All that his club's veteran know-how got Parcells was a wild-card playoff berth and first-round elimination. Old teams tend to play their best football early in the season when the legs are fresh. The Cowboys faded badly in December.

what part of that isnt true?
Old 01-23-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Another Gosselin idiocy: "Parcells started 11 different players in their 30s this season. All that his club's veteran know-how got Parcells was a wild-card playoff berth and first-round elimination. Old teams tend to play their best football early in the season when the legs are fresh. The Cowboys faded badly in December."

Cowboys 22 Starters: Only 4 starters from December over 30. Rivera, TO, Glenn and Ferguson. Avg age is 26.44. Starters Avg Age 27 --

Indianapolis Colts: 6 over 30 in the starting line up Avrage Age 26.22
Chicago Bears: 4 over 30, Average age is 26.63
Old 01-23-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

dup .... sorry
Old 01-23-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Another Gosselin idiocy: "Parcells started 11 different players in their 30s this season. All that his club's veteran know-how got Parcells was a wild-card playoff berth and first-round elimination. Old teams tend to play their best football early in the season when the legs are fresh. The Cowboys faded badly in December."

Cowboys 22 Starters: Only 4 starters from December over 30. Rivera, TO, Glenn and Ferguson. Avg age is 26.44. Starters Avg Age 27 --

Indianapolis Colts: 6 over 30 in the starting line up Avrage Age whole team 26.22
Chicago Bears: 4 over 30, Average age whole team is 26.63
sorry
Old 01-23-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

dude did you miss the part where i said ignore the anti parcells in this article? once again the media hates parcells and they all have an axe to grind. GROW UP, nobody hates parcells he just didnt get the job done. i know that hurts your feelings but its a fact. you must have missed this from that same article that your quoting.

Parcells started 11 different players in their 30s this season. All that his club's veteran know-how got Parcells was a wild-card playoff berth and first-round elimination. Old teams tend to play their best football early in the season when the legs are fresh. The Cowboys faded badly in December.

what part of that isnt true?
The whole paragraph from Gosselin is an idiocy.

Where did this myth get started that we have an old team?

From signing Tony Parrish and benching Bledsoe? Or better yet, from playing "the weapons he did not utilize" in 30++++ Terry Glenn and TO.

But makes no difference -- Gosselin made it up and it is true. No matter that other teams have the same demographics we do.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

dup

sorry
Old 01-23-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

dup ... sorry
Old 01-23-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

are you looking to break the NFLDC Forum record for most posts in a row?

oops sorry
Old 01-23-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:

Indianapolis Colts: 6 over 30 in the starting line up Avrage Age whole team 26.22
sorry
ummmm do they start playing football in december? how about starting in sept. when the rest of the teams start. oh wait cant do that because it wouldnt fit your needs. did you forget about bledsoe? how about flozell..see moron (sorry for the insult) do your homework before you come back here with that weak @zz crap. im sure goose knows more about whats going on the either of us.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
i.want.troys.hair
Rookie

i.want.troys.hair hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Next season the Cowboys need to improve the following with number 1 being the most important:

1. Pass rush
2. Offense Line
3. Free Safety

The Cowboys have not had a dominant pass rusher since Charles Haley. I don't care how many sacks some of the Cowboys players have had the past couple of seasons. I think sacks is a overrated stat. We need a player that can rush the QB or create problems every play. Ware is a great player and I love him but right now he is not getting a consistent pass rush. Mainly because teams are double teaming him as Spears and Canty have no pass rush at all. The Cowboys defensive backs are solid except for Free Safety. They were beat all season mainly due to a terrible pass rush.

Who do you upgrade or replace? Will Ellis be back next season and can we expect the same Ellis?
i.want.troys.hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:

Cowboys 22 Starters: Only 5 starters from December over 30. Rivera, TO, Glenn, Flo, and Ferguson. Avg age is 26.4 -- Starters Avg Age 27.1

Indianapolis Colts: 6 over 30 in the starting line up -- Average Age 26.2 -- Starters Avg 27.5

Chicago Bears: 4 over 30 -- Average age is 26.6 -- Avg Starters 28.0
Old 01-23-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

sorry
ummmm do they start playing football in december? how about starting in sept. when the rest of the teams start. oh wait cant do that because it wouldnt fit your needs. did you forget about bledsoe? how about flozell..see moron (sorry for the insult) do your homework before you come back here with that weak @zz crap. im sure goose knows more about whats going on the either of us.
So you would count Bledsoe and Singleton as starters?

To me, even with TO and Glenn this team is younger than the Bears and Indy. Imagine if we shuttle off TO. Average age drops by 0.5.

Look Goose, got it wrong. We are a young team that is mistake prone and not yet tough. Not a veteran team he claims as evience of a Parcells failure on the personnel front.

You and Goose need to go to College and take Logic 101 class. They teach you the difference between facts, opinions, opinions backed up by facts and baseless opinions.

You are baseless opinion and that was not Goose's best effort sorry to say.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LICowboyFan
Next season the Cowboys need to improve the following with number 1 being the most important:

1. Pass rush
2. Offense Line
3. Free Safety

The Cowboys have not had a dominant pass rusher since Charles Haley. I don't care how many sacks some of the Cowboys players have had the past couple of seasons. I think sacks is a overrated stat. We need a player that can rush the QB or create problems every play. Ware is a great player and I love him but right now he is not getting a consistent pass rush. Mainly because teams are double teaming him as Spears and Canty have no pass rush at all. The Cowboys defensive backs are solid except for Free Safety. They were beat all season mainly due to a terrible pass rush.

Who do you upgrade or replace? Will Ellis be back next season and can we expect the same Ellis?
Well Ellis is signed through '09 and I doubt we are going to cut him or trade him so the answer to the first part is yes he will be back. I do not think you can expect the same from Ellis in '07. I think Hatcher deserves a starting spot over Spears. The age situations that need to be addressed (which have been mentioned quite a bit): #1. Marco Rivera, RG. #2. Jason Ferguson, NT. #3 Aaron Glenn, CB. #4. TO/Terry Glenn, WRs. All of which need to be addressed through the '07 draft imo.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:

Cowboys 22 Starters: Only 5 starters from December over 30. Rivera, TO, Glenn, Flo, and Ferguson. Avg age is 26.4 -- Starters Avg Age 27.1

Indianapolis Colts: 6 over 30 in the starting line up -- Average Age 26.2 -- Starters Avg 27.5

Chicago Bears: 4 over 30 -- Average age is 26.6 -- Avg Starters 28.0
changing your mind so soon lol
Old 01-23-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076

oops sorry
Sorry man, I screwed up with the buttons. My damn mouse is floating on me some. Gotta clean the track ball but the amount of false reporting, lack of fact checking and horrid bias drives me nuts.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
iameverywhere

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cowboys -- Avg age is 26.4 -- Starters Avg Age 27.1

Indianapolis Colts -- Average Age 26.2 -- Starters Avg 27.5

Chicago Bears -- Average age is 26.6 -- Avg Starters 28.0
changing your mind so soon lol
No douche bag. Checking facts. Try it sometime. Start with a paternity test on your kids.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

iameverywhere has been suspended. Please don't respond to anything he's said and just continue talking Cowboys. Responding in kind will get you in trouble as well.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076

oops sorry
Sorry man, I screwed up with the buttons. My damn mouse is floating on me some. Gotta clean the track ball but the amount of false reporting, lack of fact checking and horrid bias drives me nuts.
lets see if i can clear this up for you so that you can understand. 11 players over 30 have started for us at some point this year beginning in sept.

1. bledsoe
2. t.o.
3. glenn
4. flozell
5. fabini
6. rivera
7. ferguson
8. singleton
9. glenn
10. henry
11. ellis

this is a fact. once again you are wrong. there is nothing made up. there is no false reporting. just a fragile little person who is devestated that his hero is no longer coaching the team. the only person not checking the facts is you. once again you have been served and i swore i would not get into it with you again...but its just so easy :D just drop the subject to avoid further embarrassment please.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
iameverywhere has been suspended. Please don't respond to anything he's said and just continue talking Cowboys. Responding in kind will get you in trouble as well.
sorry was typing as you were posting. my bad.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

My Head Coaches Big Board:

1. Mike Singletary
2. Wade Phillips
3. Bob Stoops
4. Ron Rivera
5. Steve Mariucci