Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-14-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Beer-a Obscura

Last Beer: st. bernardius ABT 8.

... current beer: leinenkugal berry weiss.

i'm going on my annual bike ride to three floyds brewery. i had their alpha king ipa the other day (again), and it's not nearly as good as i remember it.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:12 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to go into the depths of hell (Hull, Quebec) to legally buy alcohol, but I went tonight and got me some

At costco. Before that I had some:

Which I got at a grocery store. Yeah, pretty boring stuff but Quebec scares me. I'll get some of the other, less mainstream stuff when I'm old enough to buy where I live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My last...

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just finished:

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
I have to go into the depths of hell (Hull, Quebec) to legally buy alcohol, but I went tonight and got me some

At costco. Before that I had some:

Which I got at a grocery store. Yeah, pretty boring stuff but Quebec scares me. I'll get some of the other, less mainstream stuff when I'm old enough to buy where I live.
The depths of hell lmao.

anyway got some Carlsberg!

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Illegally acquired Corona? Yes! Being under 21 sucks.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this taking over the Beer Appreciation thread that has not been posted in for a long while?

My last beer was this:

My girlfriend wanted to watch the olympics tonight with a wheat or summer ale. So I picked up a 6 of Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat and a 6 of Long Trail Blackbeary Wheat. Not terrible. The blackberry wasn't overpowerful, which I hate when the beers are too fruity.

Also picked up two 22s of the 08.08.08 Stone Vertical Epic. I'll probably have one over the weekend and then the other goes away until 12.12.12.

Tomorrow I'm going out to lunch to a place where they have Blue Point Hoptical Illusion on tap, so I'll be drinking that. Afterwards we are going to the Brooklyn Brewery so I'll probably be having whatever Brewmaster Reserve they only sell on site at the brewery.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:12 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweetwater 420. Find some!

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:30 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

delicious on a sunny day

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 10:39 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can't get enough Capital Prairie Gold. might be the best summer beer i've ever had.

also, had a 6 pack of lakefronts belgian white seasonal. excellence. 2nd favorite summer beer.

i have also decided on what i would consider my all time favorite beer:

Bell's Two Hearted Ale. it's an IPA..but, with a little different taste to it. it's also very pretty to look at in a pint glass.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post

delicious on a sunny day
THE ORIGINALLLLLLLLLL.

Really. Hoegaarden is the gold standard for what witbiers should be. even though i'm not a fan of witbiers.

Jughead. This is replacing the Beer Appreciation thread. Because the other went the way of the buffalo. (took a left turn at Albuquerque)

I have one word about coors light.
I find the blue turning label to be as gimmicky as L.A. Lights.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
someone tell me about a good, nationally available dipa. because it's pathetic that the only thing i've had lately is bud light.
yes. that is pathetic. the only thing more pathetic is the lack of DIPAs available nationally. i know flying dog has been starting selling special beers in a 4 pack...i think a saw a DIPA once, i know i saw a barleywine.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:11 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

solution.

http://www.samswine.com/southern-tie...-10050466.html
http://www.cureforwhatalesyou.com/20...-imperial-ipa/

my guy at sam's wine (okay, my brother), tells me that as you want, he'll add products online if you wanna buy them.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bottoms up!

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post

delicious on a sunny day
one of my favorites
Old 08-15-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
you have a brother? creepy.

i can't view those sites at work (weird). i'm not sure about shipping beer. seems like it'd get skunked in the temperature/pressure variations (or just lose flavor).

although if your brother's offering a deal...
i have a bunch of siblings. my parents didn't think they could have kids. good catholic folk. adopted me. and then popped out 5 more. how quaint.

as far as IPA's getting skunked. Fat chance. Go back to your history lesson. Remember why IPA's were made. And where they were going (india), and the heat on boats and the time! UNCOMFORTABLE. If they can withstand a shipping, they can withstand a little fedex action. of course, shipping sucks ($$$).

i mean. if you ever walked into a sam's store (come to chicago. try it.) you'll understand why Sam's is better than pretty much every liquor store ever. He can't offer deals. But tells me (since he bitches nonstop about his work. he has more retards there than i do at my work. which is amazing), that they're revamping the beer section to include every beer they have (which, they have two, 5 rack high shelves, 40 feet long. with just single bottle craft beers) with reduced ship prices before christmas. i'll keep you in the loop, njx. no pun intended.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Bottoms up!

barq's is amazing.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:12 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
barq's is amazing.
IBC is better.
It doesn't get much better in the world of beverages.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 08-15-2008 at 03:18 PM.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This picture leaves me speechless.

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last beer I had was

StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive been pulling my own beer since i was 17 but, i just bought some alexander keiths last night and tonight i might go with some brahma

yay, <3 drinking.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone try brewing their own?
Old 08-15-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
ive been pulling my own beer since i was 17 but, i just bought some alexander keiths last night and tonight i might go with some brahma

yay, <3 drinking.
Ewww. Brahma. I personally have a serious dislike for that beer. Tastes like urine.

Cheap as hell though, so I can see why some people get it.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whaaaat, i find brahma to be so smooth and tatsy, plus the bottle is supa sweet.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote