Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 08-10-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Can I expect to see Chris Perry play Monday Nite? I have heard some really good things about him this off-season and as of lately, I'm really hoping he's back to healthy again, and hopefully you guys utilize him alot more, he's a nice weapon to have.
They aren't afraid to use him, it's just the guy gets hurt so often. He was huge for us in so many ways in '05. He's takes the role of a pass catching TE within our offense on 3rd downs. Having him back gives us a big play threat (catching or rushing), a GREAT pass catcher out of the backfield and he's someone defenses have to really be aware of.

I'm just going to do the safe thing and assume he'll end up getting hurt so I'm not surprised when it happens... But having him healthy really increases our chances at winning the division.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 08:56 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have been talking about what a difference Shirley could make on this D-line if he gets his things together and focuses on football. A rotation of Shirley, Sims, and Peko could be HUGE for the interior of that line for years to come.

Shirley is the big body we have always needed. We just need him to focus on what's improtant. I think he has the ability to make the biggest difference to this defense "in the long run". A season or two and if Shirley stays focused, he's Haynesworth Jr. (hopefully minus the whole stomping thing)...

That being said, I haven't heard much on Odom lately.
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Odom is probably out until the opener from what I've read. Hopefully he is at full speed once the season begins and this is just a precaution they are taking to insure that.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you guys strictly a 43 or are you guys doing some hybrid? I read that Zimmer wanted to switch to a 34 sometime, I could be wrong though.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Initially I expect to see 4-3 exclusively but I'm sure some 3-4 looks are going to slowly start to become a part of this defense. I think we have enough versatility to pull this off pretty effectively but I wouldn't bet on seeing much of it this season.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-11-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't heard much out of camp on 3-4 looks but I guess at this point it's mostly about getting the base stuff down.

I doubt we such much in terms of 3-4 tonight.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:38 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

I could see a 3-4 thrown in on occasion, but not very often. We have some solid LB's that could make this happen, but besides Shirley (rookie 5th rounder) I don't see us with a true nose tackle.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Some interesting changes in practice today....

First team offensive line:
LT - Levi Jones
LG - Andrew Whitworth
C - Bobbie Williams
RG - Stacy Andrews
RT - Willie Anderson
(Ghiaciuc worked with 2nd team)

Rudi is healthy, Perry worked with 1st team and Marvin said he's competing for the starting spot.

1st team LB's:
WLB - Keith Rivers
MLB - Dhani Jones
SLB - Brandon Johnson

All via Mark Curnette.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

So the Jurassic line may in fact happen. Thats over 1600lbs of man meat.

Ahmad should just quit football. Or maybe gain 10lbs and play DE.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-15-2008, 09:48 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Thats over 1600lbs of man meat.
I nominate this for the "creepy post of the month" award !!!
Old 08-15-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

They're still selling it off as emergency only. Which, at this point I'm sure it's the case however I can't help but think they're hoping it works out and they can make that the starting lineup. Obviously Williams has some adjusting to do but he's a vet so the learning curve isn't nearly as bad as it could be.

Willie is saying he's going to play at the beginning of the season. "I'm not a backup-slash-nothing, I'm going to be playing when the season starts."

Jason Shirley called that lineup, "Unstoppable". Which, of course, I agree with haha.

Paul Alexander (OL coach) is calling it the Jurassic line, 1664 pounds (to be exact, MIB).

ALL of the coaches are still talking about it as finding the backup center and an emergency scenario but like I said earlier, I can't help but think they're sitting there hopeful that it works out and they can put the best 5 out there.

I'll be watching the Oline Sunday more than anything given I think Williams will start at Center. Run blocking has fallen ever since Ghiaciuc came in, obviously not all of it falls on him but it'd be nice to see them get a boost running up the gut.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMedic View Post
I nominate this for the "creepy post of the month" award !!!
I'm an offensive lineman myself and that kind of terminology is thrown around a lot lol.

But if they can make this work our Oline will dominate.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165