Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-24-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
I dunno, I guess you can pick apart any team like this but this is what I see.

I see a QB while promising, got worse at the end of the season after coming out of the cannon hot. Which QB will you be getting next year.

You have two WRs who are up there in age, one of which is a problem child. I know a lot like Crayton but he may be best suited for the role is he is now.

The O-line while not a bad a some believe is still very mediocre.

You documented your lack of pass rush. I guess some can point fingers in different directions regarding that.

And the secondary you documented as well. Is Henry going to play FS? In which case who is your other corner and Roy is still Roy.

The team is talented but I don't think as much as some think. Parcells really got a lot out of this team. More than most coaches in the league would and definately more than anyone who is potentially available now.
So, you're saying that the Cowboys will never be as good as they are now because no coach will get anything else out of them? Hmmm.

You're right, you can pick apart any team, but I won't do that. This team has not played well down the stretch for the last few years, after coming out of the gate very quickly. Is that coaching? I don't know, maybe it is. Could Romo's regression be a result of the couwboys not running the ball successfully? Maybe. Or maybe it's because of the underutilization of TO, and Witten, which could be attributed to game-planning. I am not blaming Parcells totally for the breakdowns, but he plays a big part in them. There is PLENTY of talent on this team, but the players didn't execute properly, AND the coaches did not put them in position to maximize their skills. There is plenty of blame to go around. I just think Parcells ran out of steam.
I'm just saying the talent isn't as close to a Super Bowl team as some might think. There is A LOT of room for improvement. I guess blame could be pointed everywhere. Was TO and Witten really underutilized. Witten seemed to get more and more balls once Romo became QB. And how much more can you throw to TO. I know he caught a lot of TDs but if you threw to him more his drops would just be even more and further blow the rest of the league away. The only person who honestly thinks TO was underutilized is TO and thats because he is clueless. Wasn't he targeted or thrown to the 3rd most in the league?
When your biggest need is a holder... You're not far away.

Improvement needed? Yeah. We have a lot of young guys at key positions. We need development. Do we have a lot of holes to fill in the starting lineup? 2-3 good players away... I'd say.
Yeah you were a holder away. But this year the NFC was not very good. And that was just a hold away from a divisonal playoff game. I agree 2-3 good players away. But also a very good head coach too. My main point is I think the loss of Parcells will be a lot more than most are expecting. I haven't read all the pages since he retirement but is anyone the least bit worried about the progression of DeMarcus with him gone. I like Singletary and I think he could be a good coach, but Parcells he will not be. At least not right away.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I see a QB while promising, got worse at the end of the season after coming out of the cannon hot. Which QB will you be getting next year.

You have two WRs who are up there in age, one of which is a problem child. I know a lot like Crayton but he may be best suited for the role is he is now.

You documented your lack of pass rush. I guess some can point fingers in different directions regarding that.

And the secondary you documented as well. Is Henry going to play FS? In which case who is your other corner and Roy is still Roy.

The team is talented but I don't think as much as some think. Parcells really got a lot out of this team. More than most coaches in the league would and definately more than anyone who is potentially available now.
So, you're saying that the Cowboys will never be as good as they are now because no coach will get anything else out of them? Hmmm.

You're right, you can pick apart any team, but I won't do that. This team has not played well down the stretch for the last few years, after coming out of the gate very quickly. Is that coaching? I don't know, maybe it is. Could Romo's regression be a result of the couwboys not running the ball successfully? Maybe. Or maybe it's because of the underutilization of TO, and Witten, which could be attributed to game-planning. I am not blaming Parcells totally for the breakdowns, but he plays a big part in them. There is PLENTY of talent on this team, but the players didn't execute properly, AND the coaches did not put them in position to maximize their skills. There is plenty of blame to go around. I just think Parcells ran out of steam.
I'm just saying the talent isn't as close to a Super Bowl team as some might think. There is A LOT of room for improvement. I guess blame could be pointed everywhere. Was TO and Witten really underutilized. Witten seemed to get more and more balls once Romo became QB. And how much more can you throw to TO. I know he caught a lot of TDs but if you threw to him more his drops would just be even more and further blow the rest of the league away. The only person who honestly thinks TO was underutilized is TO and thats because he is clueless. Wasn't he targeted or thrown to the 3rd most in the league?
It's funny because the times when we really needed to feature TO and Witten, and Glenn like the playoff game in Seattle, we didn't. That just sticks out in my mind. Of course there's room for improvement, that needn't be said. I'm sure you can relate to that with Eli and the Giants. How can you say that this team isn't as talented as any other team in the NFC? Are other NFC teams that much better than Dallas? I don't think so. The margin is narrower than you think. Dallas did not play very well down the stretch. Coaches did not coach well. That does not mean that they were not in position to do some meaningful things this year.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3
Quote:
The Wade Phillips/Jason Garrett Combo scares the living daylights out of me. I think what will work in our favor is the fact that Miami gave us until Thursday to decide on Garrett. That's way too short of a window span. The last thing we need to be doing is going out and rushing this. If Jerry hires the first guy he interviews, I will be shocked.

We need to go at this carefully and methodically. I'm fine with Wilson Phillips as our DC, but not so hot on him as our HC.

Norv's offense doesn't work anymore. Yeah, it worked in the 90's but he's been around the barn too long doing the same thing. Teams have figured him out. Watching him in Oakland was pitiful. His offense stinks. It's lame and dry... and it doesn't work. I'd prefer the Phillips/Garrett combo over Norv. My ONLY hope would be if Norv brings Singletary along with him.
woudln't Jerry have to interview a minority before he could hire Garrett or is that just HC?
Pretty sure that's just for the HC job... Why? You for Singletary?
I am on board with all the names mentioned for HC we need to find the best "Coach" because none of the names mentioned will comand that Jerry will have to listen to in the majority of personnel decisions... and just need to be able to work with what Jerry and his son, stephen(who will take over sooner than later IMO) give him

I was just curious because with the time constraints it would be hard to find the tokenn black guy to "interview" and not get Jerry in trouble for obviously just interviewing him meet the rule...
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually believe Parcells held Ware back. Like he tries to do with all of his young players. He's overly conservative and I think if a new guy comes in and allows the defense to play more aggressive, then you will see more of his natural talent to show. Parcells got him thinking too much. I think the approach was good... but also factoring in that next year will be his 3rd year in the league, I think next year the game will have slowed down for him and that it will truly be his "breakout" year. The last thing I see is him plateauing.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3
Quote:
The Wade Phillips/Jason Garrett Combo scares the living daylights out of me. I think what will work in our favor is the fact that Miami gave us until Thursday to decide on Garrett. That's way too short of a window span. The last thing we need to be doing is going out and rushing this. If Jerry hires the first guy he interviews, I will be shocked.

We need to go at this carefully and methodically. I'm fine with Wilson Phillips as our DC, but not so hot on him as our HC.

Norv's offense doesn't work anymore. Yeah, it worked in the 90's but he's been around the barn too long doing the same thing. Teams have figured him out. Watching him in Oakland was pitiful. His offense stinks. It's lame and dry... and it doesn't work. I'd prefer the Phillips/Garrett combo over Norv. My ONLY hope would be if Norv brings Singletary along with him.
woudln't Jerry have to interview a minority before he could hire Garrett or is that just HC?
We interviewed Todd Bowles for the HC position so the minority void has been filled for awhile.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our only chance of landing Singletary as our DC is through Norv. So I'm actually not to against this...Garrett as our OC we have youth at our coordinator positions...that scares me a bit.

I like the pepper johnson scenario but then we have to factor in what hc would actually want to bring him in...none of the names I've seen would relate to him right now.

I also love the thought of Wade bringing over Manusky with him.

These would be my favorite ways of addressing out team.

My oddball thought of the day is this.

HC - Les Miles
OC - Jim Caldwell
DC - Todd Bowles

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-24-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Improvement needed? Yeah. We have a lot of young guys at key positions. We need development. Do we have a lot of holes to fill in the starting lineup? 2-3 good players away... I'd say.
Yeah you were a holder away. But this year the NFC was not very good. And that was just a hold away from a divisonal playoff game. I agree 2-3 good players away. But also a very good head coach too. My main point is I think the loss of Parcells will be a lot more than most are expecting. I haven't read all the pages since he retirement but is anyone the least bit worried about the progression of DeMarcus with him gone. I like Singletary and I think he could be a good coach, but Parcells he will not be. At least not right away.
I am definitely not in the group that sh*ts all over Parcells and blames him for the short comings of the team. I think he did a very good job this year, and had this team in position to do great things. Sometimes there is just a few things that go wrong, and once things turn south they sort of snowball. That is what happened in the final 4 games of the season, imo.

That said, I would gladly stack our team up man for man to any roster in our conference. I think we are simply better.

Look at the Saints, for example. They were starting THREE backup LBs! THREE! It boggles my mind how the got away with that. Add to that the stinkage of Fred Thomas and his pathetic ability to cover, as well as having Hollis Thomas (old and average, at best) and no-one-else at DT, as well as a 2nd year FS and a nobody SS (filling in for the rookie that was injured early in the year), and you have what should be a train wreck of a defense. Somehow, though that team made it to the NFC Championship game.

You could do the same with the Bears. Rex Grossman may, indeed, be the worst starting QB to ever lead his team to a Super Bowl berth. That in itself is difficult to comprehend, but when you factor in a general lack of play makers on offense, along with a defense that has really gone downhill as the season went on (with the Brown and Harris injuries being a big reason) and you have to scratch your head and wonder how the hell they got there, too.

The facts are that the Cowboys have a very good RB combo, along with what is arguably the best set of pass receiving weapons in the league. You may say that the WRs are old, but they are both 32, turning 33 sometime next year, and they are playing a position that is one of the most age-friendly in the league, at least to players that are diligent in their conditioning, which both are to an extreme. The key is Romo. My assertion that this team has the talent to be special is, in large part, dependent upon him being able to be an upper level starter for us. If you refuse to accept that condition, then we cannot have this conversation, because so much depends on him. The O-line has been solid, and there is reason to expect improvement with a couple of promising young players waiting in the wings.

On the issue of your D-line, the reason why you feel that way is because you aren't close enough to the team, and have likely seen too much national coverage of them. Spears became a bit disappointing as the season went on, but he still has a TON of potential to be great, and has yet to participate in a full training camp. Even so, he was very good as a run stopper for much of the season. Canty, meanwhile, really turned it on down the stretch, and was singled out for praise by the coach on multiple occasions. Feguson is a really good player who will never get credit for being such. He was probably the 3rd best 3-4 nose tackle from a run-stopping perspective this season. Better than both Wilfork and Washington, while a notch down from Williams and Hampton. He doesn't offer as much of an impact in the pass rush, but that is not really his job.

That is the makings of a really good D-line. There is a ton of potential there, but even on production alone, I still think they were well above average. You have to remember, even with all the late season struggles, this team still finished in the top 10 in rushing yards. That is the primary responsibility of the D-line.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
dre1614
Rookie

dre1614 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Looks like Jason Garrett is going to be our OC, possibly even HC?
dre1614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre1614
Link on the head coach scenario?

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-24-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
dre1614
Rookie

dre1614 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/story...765#commenttop

its the last comment

Whoa!
Apparently Garrett and Jones are talking about more than the Offensive Coordinator position:

IRVING - Not only is Jason Garrett talking to the Cowboys on Wednesday about possibly becoming the team's offensive coordinator but also its next head coach, according to director of public relations Rich Dalrymple.

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/....158c8b79.html
dre1614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I am definitely not in the group that sh*ts all over Parcells and blames him for the short comings of the team. I think he did a very good job this year, and had this team in position to do great things. Sometimes there is just a few things that go wrong, and once things turn south they sort of snowball. That is what happened in the final 4 games of the season, imo.

That said, I would gladly stack our team up man for man to any roster in our conference. I think we are simply better.

Look at the Saints, for example. They were starting THREE backup LBs! THREE! It boggles my mind how the got away with that. Add to that the stinkage of Fred Thomas and his pathetic ability to cover, as well as having Hollis Thomas (old and average, at best) and no-one-else at DT, as well as a 2nd year FS and a nobody SS (filling in for the rookie that was injured early in the year), and you have what should be a train wreck of a defense. Somehow, though that team made it to the NFC Championship game.

You could do the same with the Bears. Rex Grossman may, indeed, be the worst starting QB to ever lead his team to a Super Bowl berth. That in itself is difficult to comprehend, but when you factor in a general lack of play makers on offense, along with a defense that has really gone downhill as the season went on (with the Brown and Harris injuries being a big reason) and you have to scratch your head and wonder how the hell they got there, too.

The facts are that the Cowboys have a very good RB combo, along with what is arguably the best set of pass receiving weapons in the league. You may say that the WRs are old, but they are both 32, turning 33 sometime next year, and they are playing a position that is one of the most age-friendly in the league, at least to players that are diligent in their conditioning, which both are to an extreme. The key is Romo. My assertion that this team has the talent to be special is, in large part, dependent upon him being able to be an upper level starter for us. If you refuse to accept that condition, then we cannot have this conversation, because so much depends on him. The O-line has been solid, and there is reason to expect improvement with a couple of promising young players waiting in the wings.

On the issue of your D-line, the reason why you feel that way is because you aren't close enough to the team, and have likely seen too much national coverage of them. Spears became a bit disappointing as the season went on, but he still has a TON of potential to be great, and has yet to participate in a full training camp. Even so, he was very good as a run stopper for much of the season. Canty, meanwhile, really turned it on down the stretch, and was singled out for praise by the coach on multiple occasions. Feguson is a really good player who will never get credit for being such. He was probably the 3rd best 3-4 nose tackle from a run-stopping perspective this season. Better than both Wilfork and Washington, while a notch down from Williams and Hampton. He doesn't offer as much of an impact in the pass rush, but that is not really his job.

That is the makings of a really good D-line. There is a ton of potential there, but even on production alone, I still think they were well above average. You have to remember, even with all the late season struggles, this team still finished in the top 10 in rushing yards. That is the primary responsibility of the D-line.
That is my point as well.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We all have our head coaching theories on who it should be and many are theories of guys who haven't been head coaches on the NFL level. To me that eliminates them from the equation. It has been stated many times that Jerry is looking for a head coach with previous NFL head coaching experience so I would put a check mark next to the names of guys who haven't been NFL head coaches.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/story...765#commenttop

its the last comment

Whoa!
Apparently Garrett and Jones are talking about more than the Offensive Coordinator position:

IRVING - Not only is Jason Garrett talking to the Cowboys on Wednesday about possibly becoming the team's offensive coordinator but also its next head coach, according to director of public relations Rich Dalrymple.

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/....158c8b79.html
They can talk all they want. Garrett won't be the HC. I'd bet anything.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
They can talk all they want. Garrett won't be the HC. I'd bet anything.
I would too. No way he is head coach, it's just for show, but on the flip side I will bet that he is the offensive coordinator.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the idea of Garrett as OC.. A young guy who can turn to be an HC in the future.. As our HC now I want an experienced guy who knows how to use the 3-4..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
We all have our head coaching theories on who it should be and many are theories of guys who haven't been head coaches on the NFL level. To me that eliminates them from the equation. It has been stated many times that Jerry is looking for a head coach with previous NFL head coaching experience so I would put a check mark next to the names of guys who haven't been NFL head coaches.
People keep saying Jerry is looking for a HC with previous HC experience...

Where the hell is he saying this? I've never seen, read or heard those words come out of his mouth since Parcells retired on Monday.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Call me crazy, but I would welcome Martz with open arms. Offensive guru, and maybe he'd hire someone like Singletary as DC.
I know you said someone LIKE singletary, but for singletary, he will most likely become DC since there are no good experienced 3-4 DC's.

And why is there so much love for singletary here? Is it the amazing play of our LB corps that has people into him? What has he proven at even a coordinator level?

Nevertheless, if you want him, take him now, because for some reason, he will be a HC somewhere in the next 2-3 years. Thats a big reason i believe nolan does not want to hire him. Whats the point of hiring a DC that you will have to replace in a couple of years?

And trust me, you might take 1, but you wont take both of our assistants. Either way, jones does take 1, i hope he takes singletary. Norv Turner is a good OC, but a terrible HC..why would anyone want him as HC?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:

Where the hell is he saying this? I've never seen, read or heard those words come out of his mouth since Parcells retired on Monday.
Plenty of sources within the Dallas Media have said this.

I'll start with Mickey Spagnola, he has said this in Talkin Cowboys and Ranch Report in yesterday's edition.

Also Jean-Jacques Taylor has said this in his chats. I thought everybody knew this.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'll start with Mickey Spagnola, he has said this in Talkin Cowboys and Ranch Report in yesterday's edition.

Also Jean-Jacques Taylor has said this in his chats. I thought everybody knew this.
Hmm..... I didn't know Jerry Jones had so many different names...

I mean really, did Jerry say this out of his own mouth or is this more Dallas media speculation? Big difference.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I mean really, did Jerry say this out of his own mouth or is this more Dallas media speculation? Big difference.
I don't think there are any direct quotes from Jerry though Mickey said that is the mentality of the team, and I don't think he would just say that for kicks.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

He addressed the topic on one of his most recent radio interviews (can't remember which one). But the example that he used was Chan Gailey, saying that he would probably not ever go that route again (hiring a coordinator type without any HC experience) because of numerous different factors, the prominence of the team being foremost among them. If you look throught the archives on DC.com you will find it. It was sometime in January.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

He addressed the topic on one of his most recent radio interviews (can't remember which one). But the example that he used was Chan Gailey, saying that he would probably not ever go that route again (hiring a coordinator type without any HC experience) because of numerous different factors, the prominence of the team being foremost among them. If you look throught the archives on DC.com you will find it. It was sometime in January.
That is some seriously messed up logic. I find it hard to believe he said that. It's sooo narrow minded... and quite idiotic as well. There would be no head coaches if the requirement to be a head coach was that you had to have previous head coach experience. ... you mean to tell me he thinks there are no good head coaches that have gone that route? ...that Chan Gailey is the model for all not to follow?

...and I guess all this talk about how Sean Payton would've been our HC should be immediately dispelled as well. Besides...look how bad that's turned out... Nice logic Jerry... (or supposedly Jerry)...
Old 01-24-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
...and I guess all this talk about how Sean Payton would've been our HC should be immediately dispelled as well. Besides...look how bad that's turned out... Nice logic Jerry... (or supposedly Jerry)...
I don't agree with it either, I wanted Bob Stoops at first.

Payton was a completely diffrent situation. He was already on board with the Cowboys and was being groomed as our next head coach, as soon as he left for New Orleans the strategy changed (obviously). Now the Cowboys are looking for a guy with head coaching experience and 3-4 experience. That spells Wade Philips to me.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

Anybody who has any doubt that Singletary isn't a HC within the next couple of years should go back and watch the South practice again today. This guy was miked up and great. He was a great teacher, tore em down, then built them back up again. You can just see how much the players respect and listen to him. To me he was far more impressive than Nolan over the last three days. If only Jerry had the balls to pull the trigger on this guy. Sure he lacks experience, just surrond him with some good X and O guys and I think he will get the best out of the talent around him.
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
I don't agree with it either, I wanted Bob Stoops at first.

Payton was a completely diffrent situation. He was already on board with the Cowboys and was being groomed as our next head coach, as soon as he left for New Orleans the strategy changed (obviously). Now the Cowboys are looking for a guy with head coaching experience and 3-4 experience. That spells Wade Philips to me.
What? If the plan was to groom Payton for the job, then that's exactly the same thing that happened with Chan Gailey.

Wade is just... okay... I don't wanna give it to the guy... He's emotionless and that's just not passionate enough for me.

Have you seen Singletary in action at the Senior Bowl??? WOW. JUST WOW.