Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 08-21-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bengals v. Saints

I just went ahead and started this a little early... Mostly to point out our receiving core (with Maxwell done for the year and Henry possibly not playing).

Antonio Chatman, Glenn Holt, Jerome Simpson, Clyde Logan, Maurice Purify and Mario Urrutia.

Yep... Not going to get much of a gauge of the first team offense at all.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Though we are pretty depleted at WR I am looking forward to see what Simpson can do with the first team. Maybe he can prove he is more ready than we all think.

I really want to see more of the first defense this week and see if they are improving.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah... We can get a good read off the defense for where they're at. Hopefully Rivers starts.

With the offense, I'm just going to keep reminding myself it's going to be horrible.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It might not be horrible. You guys are playing against the Saints secondary. They could make anyone look good.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:02 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man...that is not the most impressive wide receiver corp. Im startin to feel like the Bears, except not Dynamic Return game, and well.....no Defense.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Man...that is not the most impressive wide receiver corp. Im startin to feel like the Bears, except not Dynamic Return game, and well.....no Defense.
But hey, we got Palmer instead of Orton! :)

Anyways yah, maybe its just me trying to find something to look forward to, but I really hope Jerome Simpson can prove he's a little more NFL ready than everyone says. If everything goes my way, I'm hoping the depth chart is: Chad > TJ > Henry > Simpson by the the beginning of the season.

I know its more wishful thinking than anything else, but I really hope it happens.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'll miss the game live but I'll be on here and watch the midnight version so I can display my always meaningless opinion.

I'm hoping the defense can get to the quarterback more than anything. It would be nice to see Perry run well, Carson using Utecht and Simpson showing some of his potential. I'm fully expecting the offense to be pretty rough. It will definitely take a couple of drives for anything to happen.

Last I heard Henry isn't playing...
Old 08-23-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I'll miss the game live but I'll be on here and watch the midnight version so I can display my always meaningless opinion.

I'm hoping the defense can get to the quarterback more than anything. It would be nice to see Perry run well, Carson using Utecht and Simpson showing some of his potential. I'm fully expecting the offense to be pretty rough. It will definitely take a couple of drives for anything to happen.

Last I heard Henry isn't playing...
Like Henry isnt playing in the game? or isnt playing period?
Old 08-23-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure he meant the game.

I will be here for the first half then I will be going out.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-23-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least Mike McKenzie may be playing tonite so the secondary won't look really really bad. Maybe just really bad. I'm just excited to finally see the Shock in action. It's gonna be awesome seeing him in a Saints uniform.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Not a good start for the Bengals. The offense just seems to have no rhythm right now.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 08-23-2008, 08:24 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we're getting stomped, the offense can't do anything it seems.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

I dont like seeing Palmer get hit...I def dont like seeing Palmer walk off the field bleeding. The Oline needs to step it up and we need to get these scrub receivers in shape.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'm watching the replay now. Defense looks, well, as usual. Offense looks as bad as I expected, offensive line looking even worse.

10:12 left in 2nd quarter, I'm about done this is terrible. With each game my hopes drop.

Yes, preseason doesn't mean squat but man, you gotta do something or show SOME progress.

EDIT: And I wish our DB's would play the ball instead of just staring the WR in the eyes. The coverage on some of those plays is fine but they never see the ball.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 08-23-2008 at 11:58 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm watching it too. Wow, Palmer took a beating and finaly left bleeding? Come on, that's no good.

Perry needs to be the starting back. Tough luck, Rudi.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:21 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yeah... We're all rooting for Perry. He gets the extra yards that Rudi doesn't. Not to say we can't use Rudi, I just feel Perry should get more touches.

Part of me wants them to be cautious with Perry but in the end you gotta play your best guy and just not worry about him getting hurt.

I totally expected the offense to look bad with no WR's but it's not very encouraging to see how bad the Oline did. I had to quit watching, it was just brutal. Seems like the defense got it in gear at least.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would handle Perry like I would handle Joseph Addai: ~250 carries, ~40 receptions. Limit him some to not break him down, definitely not the big workload the Bengals gave Rudi from '04 to '06 when he averaged 346.33 carries and 366.67 touches per season.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:30 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I would handle Perry like I would handle Joseph Addai: ~250 carries, ~40 receptions. Limit him some to not break him down, definitely not the big workload the Bengals gave Rudi from '04 to '06 when he averaged 346.33 carries and 366.67 touches per season.
If they want to be abel to use him a few years from now it is def best to treat it that way. You cant go out and use him like Larry Johnson...because he just wont last. I think they could use Rudi, Watson, and Perry all effectively with Perry being the feature back.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

If Rudi sticks with the team, I'd want to use him off the bench in a high-energy/fresh legs role. Sort of like Marion Barber before this year, or Dominic Rhodes in the Colts' 2006 championship run. And in short-yardage and goal-line situations too, most likely.

Perry can be a receiving option for Palmer, which helps him move the chains in the first quarter when the opposing defense is fresh, and then when you slightly wear down a defense and the offensive line gets more in the groove of run-blocking. Bring Rudi in around the second quarter and the mid-3rd/4th quarter and he goes off on them with fresh legs for 10-15 carries. But that is assuming Rudi can handle the demotion after being the man for while.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:36 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Something along those lines would be the best for him. Then there is Watson as well. Watson has been pretty semi-impressive in the preseason. Not as impressive as Perry but still impressive. What I am really hoping for is for all three to work out great. I just wish the oline was playing impressive. They really gotta step it up.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Rudi Johnson at his best was against KC his 2nd year when they were undefeated. Corey Dillon had 5-10 carries but they absolutely pounded the Chiefs with Rudi. He had 150+ yards and a ton of them were in the 4th quarter where he just beat up the entire KC defense.

It's to EVERYONE'S benefit that we have a healthy Rudi and Perry.

EDIT: Good quote from Levi, I'm glad he feels this way...

"I'll tell you what makes me angry, seeing my quarterback get up off the ground," said offensive tackle Levi Jones. "That's what will infuriate me at any point in time. Especially seeing blood. I'm highly pissed off about that."

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 08-24-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

That was pretty rough. I have to keep reminding myself it's preseason but they just look bad right now.

Good to see Levi show some emotion.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165