Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 08-29-2008, 07:47 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
I think that Tampa Bay could be a good fit for Tebow, probably his best fit among teams that could be in the market for a quarterback. Gruden would probably love the opportunity to work with a talented young kid like Tebow and turn him into something incredible. This would also be a good situation for Tebow to go into. The Bucs have a lot of veteran quarterbacks who can manage games and not lose them. Most of their quarterbacks are polar opposites of Tebow. They are smart players who win games by not screwing up, and keeping it simple. Tebow would be able to learn a lot of things from these guys like Griese and Garcia. He would also be able to sit for a year, and probably come in late in games that are out of reach, obvious goal line situations, etc. I think that Tampa Bay is his best destination and most likely suitor even if he wasn't the best value pick. I am talking about their second round pick of course. They probably will not be in the first round quarterback conversation like the 49ers, Bears and Chiefs, among others.

The rest of the teams in the league I think will shy away from Tebow until he is obviously the most talented option left on their board because no one is going to want to have to take responsibility for having to make a player out of him. Gruden is the only guy I can see who would want to do that for sure and take an EARLY gamble on Tebow. In the second round I could certainly see the 49ers and Vikings picking him up, and maybe even Dallas at the end of round 2 if Brad Johnson finally retires. The Jets if they don't like Clemens anymore, and the Bears could definitely be in the quarterback market as well, along with the Panthers if they want to find Delhomme's successor now.
NFL teams never shy away from talent otherwise VY doesn't go #3 in a very good draft year. If Tebow has a pro arm, NFL teams will be lined up to take a shot with him. The fact is that every college system isn't a really good training method for pro QB's. They all have to make huge adjustments when they reach the pros. College QB's are rarely asked to make a throw they have difficulty with and reading defenses is only of minimal importance. That's why such a high % of college QB's take 3 years to become effective pros. If Tebow has the arm, brains and leadership qualities, he'll go very high in any draft. If he lacks any of those qualities, he go lower. Considering, he is just entering his junior year, nobody is sure just what Tebow is capable of.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:55 AM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
incredible draft dude is that you?
He would say, "Stick him at DE. He is 6'3 235 and can be a sweet pass rusher that will lead the league in sacks. Since he is a QB, he can think like a QB and get to the quarterback faster than anyone in the league. "

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
He would say, "Stick him at DE. He is 6'3 235 and can be a sweet pass rusher that will lead the league in sacks. Since he is a QB, he can think like a QB and get to the quarterback faster than anyone in the league. "
yeah ICD would probably project him as a 3-4 OLB

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

http://www.tebowner.com/

Is that a Tebowner or are you just happy to see me? :D
Old 08-29-2008, 11:25 AM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"When Tim Tebow goes to donate blood, he declines the syringe, and instead requests a hand gun and a bucket." Haha thats pretty funny.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:29 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kxe8R6BhdBQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm liking the Vikings as a good possible fit if this Jackson experiment fails for good. If you don't ask him to do too much behind that line and running game you could have yourself another Roethlisberger-type situation on your hands imo .
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
nhlkdog411
Veteran

nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.

jesus...if vince young can be a top 5 pick i think tebow deserves mention as more than a goal line back..some of you people are ridiculous
nhlkdog411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:44 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet you guys Tebow>Hester as a returner.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:47 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Tebow will get first round consideration because of his leadership qualities and the fact that he played well in all of his games. Most guys have at least one game that makes you go "wow, that was ugly" but he was pretty solid all year. Georgia wasnt a great game for him, especially rushing, but he still was solid passing wise.

Vince got picked 3rd overall despite a weak showing passing against Rice. What hurts his odds in the "VY can go high in the first, why cant Tebow" argument is that VY was faster and played amazing on the biggest stage in one of the most anticipated games of his career as well as playing great against Ohio State in another big time game. Tebow can still prove something like that but odds are that oppurtunity wont show itself like it did for VY. This and his size/speed combo gave Vince a 'wow, what next' factor that Tebow isnt going to have.

Tebow has a solid enough arm and can make the throws, especially when he steps into his passes, but his accuracy is not gunna cut it. Dont listen to the media 'experts' who say hes got the accuracy cause he just doesnt have it right now. The holes that the misdirection of the spread offense create give him large windows to pass into that dont exist in the NFL, and if you watch where the ball is placed when it reaches the reciever, it can often be on the wrong shoulder or off target in another similar way. His footwork is part of the problem as there are times that its brutally sloppy and that leads to some really inconsistent throws. His deep ball hangs just a little to long a lot of times, causing the reciever to have to slow down and allowing the corner to catch up and make a play on the ball. His release is a little slow and akward and thats not gunna get fixed in college i dont think cause Meyer hasnt done much to help him fix his other mechanical flaws yet either, so i have to wonder that what his flaws are now, they will still be there whenever he gets drafted. Thats probably my biggest concern: Meyer. He hasnt done much to tinker with Tebow and prepare him for the future to this point and I dont know if hes ever gunna, which hurts Tebows future as its no better than his present.

What I like is that hes a one tough hombre, both physically and mentally. Hes a hard worker who has all the personality traits to be successful in the NFL, so its hard to think that with some good coaching, patience, and a willingness to accept coaching, he couldnt become successful at the pro level. When he does step into his throws, he throws a good ball and can put it on the money, its just a matter of doing it more often. To me, hes a hard guy to pick against because his mental make up is to good to fail to at least be given a shot as a starting quarterback in the NFL, i just worry that Meyer isnt going to properly prepare him for the next level and help him develop the way other quarterbacks do when there in college.

I feel like ideally, he gets drafted in two years by Jacksonville and sits behind Garrard for a few years as he would be able to sit multiple years behind a solid veteran, meaning less pressure from fans to see the future now, before being the starter. I really feel like hed be able to adapt to any system that he was drafted into but i personally think that a system should be designed around the strengths of the qb and team, not making guys run whatever system the coach brings in. I can see him going to any team in need of a quarterback in the distant future (2-3 years) of when they draft him taking a shot on him.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 10:46 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best fit for Tebow? The CFL maybe? He is the definition of a system QB, and I have absolutely no doubt that he will be a colossal bust. Worse than Alex Smith by a landslide.

Tampa is the absolute worst fit for Tebow. Our offense is practically the opposite of what he runs at Florida. I'd try him out at fullback though, maybe he's the next Alstott.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
Tim Tebow will get first round consideration because of his leadership qualities and the fact that he played well in all of his games. Most guys have at least one game that makes you go "wow, that was ugly" but he was pretty solid all year. Georgia wasnt a great game for him, especially rushing, but he still was solid passing wise.

Vince got picked 3rd overall despite a weak showing passing against Rice. What hurts his odds in the "VY can go high in the first, why cant Tebow" argument is that VY was faster and played amazing on the biggest stage in one of the most anticipated games of his career as well as playing great against Ohio State in another big time game. Tebow can still prove something like that but odds are that oppurtunity wont show itself like it did for VY. This and his size/speed combo gave Vince a 'wow, what next' factor that Tebow isnt going to have.

---I think when you win the Heisman trophy as the only sophomore to ever do it, you have a lot of that 'wow' factor your talking about. Looking at the SEC schedule, I think Florida has an excellent chance to finish 1st overall and go to the NC game. Georgia's schedule is a heck of a lot tougher than Florida's.

Tebow has a solid enough arm and can make the throws, especially when he steps into his passes, but his accuracy is not gunna cut it. Dont listen to the media 'experts' who say hes got the accuracy cause he just doesnt have it right now. The holes that the misdirection of the spread offense create give him large windows to pass into that dont exist in the NFL, and if you watch where the ball is placed when it reaches the reciever, it can often be on the wrong shoulder or off target in another similar way. His footwork is part of the problem as there are times that its brutally sloppy and that leads to some really inconsistent throws. His deep ball hangs just a little to long a lot of times, causing the reciever to have to slow down and allowing the corner to catch up and make a play on the ball. His release is a little slow and akward and thats not gunna get fixed in college i dont think cause Meyer hasnt done much to help him fix his other mechanical flaws yet either, so i have to wonder that what his flaws are now, they will still be there whenever he gets drafted. Thats probably my biggest concern: Meyer. He hasnt done much to tinker with Tebow and prepare him for the future to this point and I dont know if hes ever gunna, which hurts Tebows future as its no better than his present.

---Judging accuracy when a player is a sophomore is rather misleading if you ask me. Stafford who a lot of experts are talking about as a possible #1 overall pick in this year's draft, hasn't shown a thing concerning accuracy in his 2 seasons as a starter yet it hasn't stopped pro teams from being very interested to see if he can improve as a junior.
Sure, the system he plays in isn't going to really prepare him for pro ball, few college systems really prepare anybody for pro ball. Tom Brady only became a starter at Michigan when Henson left and only had 1 year starting and look how it affected him. Joe Thoamas, the OT who was the #3 pick in the draft and helped Cleveland's passing attack be really effective, played for Wisconsin who has an offense that stresses the run and spends most of its practice time on learning how to be a run blocker, yet he could enter the NFL and dominate as a pass blocker. People, IMO tend to overestimate the toughness of a player's ability to adjust to pro ball from their college system if they have talent and intelligence. Few college HC's are interested in preparing a player for the next level. They want to win now and concentrate on teaching a player what to do in their system, they couldn't give a d-mn about the player's needs as a pro prospect.
People tend to think that since Smith failed, Tebow will also have problems but pro scouts look at the individual and if he has a pro arm, has leadership abilities and shows a willingness to put in the time to improve, with of course some intelligence, they really don't care about the system he played in. Flacco played in meaningless games, his whole college career, he was beat out at Pittsburgh for the starting position yet he became a 1st rounder, why. Because he has a pro arm, showed scouts some leadership ability, a willingness to learn and enough intelligence to convince them that he has a real shot.

What I like is that hes a one tough hombre, both physically and mentally. Hes a hard worker who has all the personality traits to be successful in the NFL, so its hard to think that with some good coaching, patience, and a willingness to accept coaching, he couldnt become successful at the pro level. When he does step into his throws, he throws a good ball and can put it on the money, its just a matter of doing it more often. To me, hes a hard guy to pick against because his mental make up is to good to fail to at least be given a shot as a starting quarterback in the NFL, i just worry that Meyer isnt going to properly prepare him for the next level and help him develop the way other quarterbacks do when there in college.

---As I mentioned earlier, few college HC's ever prepare any player for the pro game, they are interested in one thing, winning using their system now.

I feel like ideally, he gets drafted in two years by Jacksonville and sits behind Garrard for a few years as he would be able to sit multiple years behind a solid veteran, meaning less pressure from fans to see the future now, before being the starter. I really feel like hed be able to adapt to any system that he was drafted into but i personally think that a system should be designed around the strengths of the qb and team, not making guys run whatever system the coach brings in. I can see him going to any team in need of a quarterback in the distant future (2-3 years) of when they draft him taking a shot on him.
---He is going to be a 1st rounder hopefully in 2 years as long as he passes muster re: arm strength, leadership qualities, and intelligence. He isn't going to sit for a few years, he will probably start by his 8th game of his rookie pro season. It is very unlikely he gets drafted late enough for any solid team to draft him. Only time will tell if he can adjust to pro ball. That's a problem every rookie faces no matter what position they play. Tebow will have to make it as a pro based on his arm, I seriously doubt any pro team will ask him to carry the ball. He's not a VY or a Vick so I also doubt that any pro team will change its offense, he's the one who will have to adjust.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 08-30-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be willing to make a sig bet, with ANYONE, that Tim Tebow won't come out this year.

Because he's not, and I challenge anyone to come at me with a logical reason as to why he would.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Because he's not, and I challenge anyone to come at me with a logical reason as to why he would.
Money.

Once you have already won a BCS Championship and the Heisman trophy, what reason do you have to stay in college? It isn't like a degree from Florida is some great thing.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah, Tebow doesnt have the wow factor that got Vince drafted that high. Vince ran for about 7 ypc during his soph and junior years and made people miss like he was playing on an elementary school playground, and had some really long and impressive runs during that time. Tebow ran for a little over 4 ypc, and never really made an amazing jaw dropping run like those of Young at Texas. This definitely made Young more exciting to watch as he could break a long run at anytime it seemed.

Young also had a HUGE game on the national stage that made him a legend, and while Tebow does have a Heisman as a sophmore, Young had what has been called the greatest single game by a player ever. So while this point is kind of arguable as to which is a bigger deal, soph-with-heisman, or Vincesanity, I'd say the latter vaulted him more as it was right before his draft. All that said, Tebow still has at least one more year of playing, and while his team might make the NC game, it probable wont have the hype of the USC-Texas game and probably wont play out as well for Tebow as it did for VY just because the odds of it happening are low. Not Tebows fault, just that everything came together just right for VY, and that Tebow will therefore be more a victim of circumstance and not any fault of his own.

I was judging his accuracy from what I've seen rather than playing guessing games and wondering how much he will improve. But i do agree that its kinda unfair, as with his work ethic he will improve, its just a question of how much, so we'll have to wait and see. I just wonder if hes gunna be able to anticipate where a window will be and then fit it in that small area in the pros, because the throws he has to make now are simple. Qb's in the past have failed to transition from his Off. to the NFL, and while its not fair to then assume its impossible to go from a spread to a pro NFL offense, the fact that it hasnt been done at a good success rate does prove that the odds are stacked against him and that the system he is in does hinder develepment to the proffessional level, especially footwork because hes in the shotgun all the time. Im not too worried about reading defenses as every team uses different reads and complicated calls so its a hard transition no matter what college offense you were in, but the spreads reads are very simple and different from a dropback passers reads. But he also played in a spread in high school, so dropping back from center is very foreign to him, which has to be a concern. And making reads while doing a drop from center for someone who hasnt done it in since middle school is a daunting task.

Where I will say that argument is flimsy is that qbs who played under center in more pro like Off's in college have also failed to make the pros...Its just that offense means hes also gunna have to prove he can drop back from under center and read a D as he goes, so to say that by game 8 of his rookie year that he'l be in is, well possible, but not ideal, as he will most likely struggle mightily those last 8 games of that season. The thing is that he is mentally tough so if he can battle through all the criticism and progress he could still succeed under those circumstances but it would be significantly more difficult than just sitting and learning.

Players have position coaches that are their to help them improve and make them better. Tebow hasnt made any mechanical improvements since high school, so hes falling behind with is footwork. Other qbs make mechanical improvement during college, he needs to as well or he'll drill himself in bad habits longer and make them harder to break later on, making his transition harder.

And I hate Stafford as a prospect, hes got an arm.....and thats it. Nothing special in production or anything compared to Tebow and my personal fav, Nate Davis. I also think that he has a soft build and that coupled with his questionable decision making, marginal improvement in my eyes, makes me question his work ethic. So all that said i had to choose I'd take Tebow over Stafford every time cause I think Tebow will keep improving when he gets to the pros with his work ethic and determination to succeed, while I dont think Stafford will. He could have a break out year and shut me up, but for the reasons ive listed above I dont see it and i dont like him. (sorry for the rant, back on topic)

Im not a Tebow hater, dont get me wrong. I like him and think that he can succeed because his great mental makeup and work ethic will get him through anything and lead him to success. But he has a lot of things he'll need to fix to be ready for a pro offense, more than the average qb coming out does. He will be a first round pick, i think hed be worth the shot,
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Money.

Once you have already won a BCS Championship and the Heisman trophy, what reason do you have to stay in college? It isn't like a degree from Florida is some great thing.
he comes from a wealthy family so money isn't a problem.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Money.

Doesn't matter. Parents are already multi-millionaires: He ain't hurting for cash.

In fact, I wouldn't be at ALL surprised if he went the other way entirely and went on a mission for a year after his senior season.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:27 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

I am going to go out on a limb here. If McNabb has another injury ridden season, I could see the Eagles taking him in the first or second round.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
I am going to go out on a limb here. If McNabb has another injury ridden season, I could see the Eagles taking him in the first or second round.
They drafted Kevin Kolb two years ago

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless he makes some major improvement in his footwork and throwing mechanics and the reads he makes, I think he will be a major bust. The only redeeming quality about him is a big arm and athleticism, and right now, I think its safe to say that unless he has the right coaches, he will not adjust to the pro game well.

He is like a combination between Byron Leftwich (throwing motion) and Alex Smith (Urban Meyer) with a bit of Vince Young (athleticism).

Look at how long he takes to wind up. Unless he goes to a team with an amazing offensive line and sits for a year or two, I dont see him succeeding. Defensive lineman are going to be licking their chops when they get that extra second to get him. Also, defensive backs are going to be more aware of where the ball is going to go. That extra second can tip them off. Here is Byron Leftwich's throw. Look at where he has ended up.

Look in comparison with Peyton Manning. Sure its overkill, but he is the guy with the best mechanics. Look how quickly the ball leaves his hand.

Maybe I am just being nit picky, but those mechanics, plus a somewhat simple college offense will hurt him alot as a pro.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Lorenzo Neal retire? Chargers could use a fullback.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:25 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Money.

Ok I go to FSU and hate UF, but that was stupid. UF is one of the best academic schools in the country.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
I'd be willing to make a sig bet, with ANYONE, that Tim Tebow won't come out this year.

Why are we the only two people who see this?
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Why are we the only two people who see this?
Because Tebow has won a Heisman, a National Championship, has a chance to be a high draft pick and plays in an offense where he takes a lot of hits and has a high risk of injury. He should declare as soon as possible. The only possible explanation for him staying in school would be the Matt Leinart/Brady Quinn complex.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
Ok I go to FSU and hate UF, but that was stupid. UF is one of the best academic schools in the country.
It's a good school, but it's not a school that is so good that a degree from there would help balance out a signing bonus in excess of 20 million dollars for simply showing up in the NFL (especially considering that Tebow is majoring in community science).