Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 08-29-2008, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, final cuts are coming this weekend, so post your final rosters before then if you can/want. I edited mine on the first post. Notable changes:

- No #3 quarterback. Both Gray and Lorenzen aren't looking too hot, and Peyton could be good to go with Sorgi healed behind him. I still like Gray a great deal though as a potential quarterback in this league, imo he could develop into a good starter for a number of teams nevermind a great #2 behind Peyton.

- Lilja not on PUP. It could happen, he hasn't been taken off the preseason PUP to practice yet, but it's a big step to keep him sidelined until Week 7 at the earliest. Dan Federkeil would probably get a spot on the roster if Lilja is placed on PUP.

- Courtney Roby as a sixth wide receiver. He'll be active on gamedays as the #1 kickoff and punt return man, as a gunner on special teams, and as the #5 receiver in case of injury and to spell Harrison on deep routes.

- Tom Santi makes the roster. He played today for the first time, and reportedly hurt a knee a bit (unknown if same knee recovering from bursa sac infection/removal). Very possible the Colts cut him and hope to place him on the practice squad. I still like Santi a great deal, the potential he can bring, however. Plus Dallas Clark hasn't played a full 16-game season yet in his career, Gijon Robinson is unproven and a little inconsistent as a blocker, and Tamme even moreso in that latter regard.

- Jordan Senn as the sixth linebacker. Worsley sprained his knee today, which sucks for him obviously, as the Colts need another healthy depth linebacker until Hagler comes off PUP during the season. Senn has showed promise and can back-up Keiaho, as Wheeler is behind Brackett and Guzman is behind Session.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chicago Bears have reportedly waived a former 2007 3rd round pick in linebacker Michael Okwo. I don't know if health is a concern, he should be recovered fully from the shoulder injury that put him on IR for his rookie season, he's played in the preseason. I'd love for the Colts to be able to claim him and give him a shot at backing up Freddy Keiaho at WLB.

*UPDATE*
Bill Polian said on Colts Friday Night that the doctors have told him there's no chance Saturday, Lilja, and Pollak will play the season opener against the Bears. They will require more time to recover. So I think it only makes sense for Lilja to be placed on PUP, the Colts can't afford to keep three injured lineman for the first few weeks of the season, and it's much better to put Lilja on PUP for the first six weeks than put either Saturday or Pollak on IR.

Last edited by Geo : 08-29-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How has Pierre Garcon looked for the Colts thus far? Is he gonna make the team?

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
The Chicago Bears have reportedly waived a former 2007 3rd round pick in linebacker Michael Okwo. I don't know if health is a concern, he should be recovered fully from the shoulder injury that put him on IR for his rookie season, he's played in the preseason. I'd love for the Colts to be able to claim him and give him a shot at backing up Freddy Keiaho at WLB.

*UPDATE*
Bill Polian said on Colts Friday Night that the doctors have told him there's no chance Saturday, Lilja, and Pollak will play the season opener against the Bears. They will require more time to recover. So I think it only makes sense for Lilja to be placed on PUP, the Colts can't afford to keep three injured lineman for the first few weeks of the season, and it's much better to put Lilja on PUP for the first six weeks than put either Saturday or Pollak on IR.
Our young guys will have prove themselves early. I hope they run with this opportunity.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:57 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
How has Pierre Garcon looked for the Colts thus far? Is he gonna make the team?
He has shown flashes.

He faces very stiff competition for the roster spot.

- Harrison, Wayne and Gonzalez are set.
- Roby and Aromashadu made a great impression during the pre-season.
- Roy Hall is as physically gifted of an athlete as it gets.

I guess there is a shot that Colts bring 7 WRs, but it's unlikely, especially considering other positions are getting hit hard by injuries.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Our young guys will have prove themselves early. I hope they run with this opportunity.
Manning said Jamey Richard is going to be the starting C against the Bears. Not at all our ideal scenario.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I'm not sure Manning said that outright, I think reports are that Manning outright said he's been practicing with Richard extra/more and Manning thinks Richard is the guy.

It makes sense, really. I don't know how much work Richard has done at guard, but he's definitely the most comfortable at center. So I'd rather have Justice play left guard. With Charlie Johnson at right guard, of course.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Pierre Garcon has looked stellar as a receiver imo, I love what I've seen of him. As a return man, nothing special from what I can recall. He looks like an early/mid second round pick as opposed to a late sixth. What a gem.

The Colts could risk waiving him and trying to put him on the practice squad, but I dearly hope not because I wouldn't want to risk it at all. Garcon and Hall go nowhere for me, I emphatically hang onto both.

And Roby has looked good as a return man, a special team gunner according to Coach Dungy, and as an occasional deep threat. I think he can develop in the Colts offense further.

Devin Aromashodu looks like the odd man out, unfortunately. I like him, but six wide receivers is as far as one can go. The Bengals could definitely give him a look, he can be a deep threat (as he was in college) and catch the ball well. Has height on him too at around 6-2.5/200.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I'd rather hold on to Aromashodu. Just like Hall, he's a physical freak also.

Damn, this is a tough decision.

Before this last game, Roby was the odd man out for me, but not anymore.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Garcon looks like a future starter, I love his game. He can do it all, especially run-blocking where he attacks people.

I can see Garcon lining up in Wayne's spot and Wayne taking Harrison's spot on the right side in the future.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This might be heresey, especially as unfortunately I have not been able to see the preseason, but could Roy Hall's spot be in jeopardy? Outside of his physical gifts, he's not had a stellar preseason has he?

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Hall might never be more than the #4 receiver, but he can easily be among the best special teams players on the team. I would keep him for that alone and see what he can contribute in multiple receiver sets (try him out in goalline packages too?).

Now, if Roy can't stay healthy this year too, that won't help his chances at all.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts don't have a fullback?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Single-back offense.

But there is a fullback in defensive lineman Darrell Reid, he can do it and might a handful of times this season. Also in all likelihood the best special teams coverage guy on the team, and a free agent after this season.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Colts have acctually been trying Mike Hart at FB as well.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The Colts don't have a fullback?
They do. Take your pick of Darrell Reid, Jacob Tamme, Gijon Robinson, Tom Santi, and/or Mike Hart.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
Old 08-30-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

It's not official until tomorrow, but ...

The Colts sign wide receiver Samuel Giguere to the practice squad.

Great to hear, I wasn't sure if the PS would pay him enough to keep him from going back to the CFL and playing under his first-round contract there. He's raw, but has serious potential so much so that receivers coach Clyde Christensen was in his ear all camp.

Last edited by Geo : 08-30-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Any news on any cuts? I've been looking all day.

Quote:
Old 08-30-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Not that I can see hide nor hair of either.

The team is probably going to wait until the deadline, so that other coaching staffs have less time to convince themselves and the front offices to add those players.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I haven't spotted anything either, it's annoying lol.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Well, the Turk stopped by, here's the final roster:

63 Saturday, Jeff C
53 Justice, Steve C
41 Bethea, Antoine DB
23 Jennings, Tim DB
31 Ratliff, Keiwan DB
28 Jackson, Marlin DB
21 Sanders, Bob DB
26 Hayden, Kelvin DB
43 Giordano, Matt DB
20 Hughes, Dante DB
40 Silva, Jamie DB
33 Bullitt, Melvin DB
60 Johnson, Curtis DE
92 Howard, Marcus DE
91 Thomas, Josh DE
93 Freeney, Dwight DE
98 Mathis, Robert DE
79 Brock, Raheem DT
95 Reid, Darrell DT
96 Dawson, Keyunta DT
68 Foster, Eric DT
99 Johnson, Ed DT
04 Vinatieri, Adam K
56 Hagler, Tyjuan LB
50 Wheeler, Philip LB
55 Session, Clint LB
52 Guzman, Ramon LB
54 Keiaho, Freddy LB
58 Brackett, Gary LB
49 Senn, Jordan LB
61 Richard, Jamey OG
78 Pollak, Mike OG
65 Lilja, Ryan OG
74 Johnson, Charlie OT
71 Diem, Ryan OT
76 Federkeil, Daniel OT
67 Ugoh, Tony OT
72 Hilliard, Corey OT
17 Smith, Hunter P
18 Manning, Peyton QB
12 Sorgi, Jim QB
29 Addai, Joseph RB
38 Rhodes, Dominic RB
32 Hart, Mike RB
86 Santi, Tom TE
48 Snow, Justin TE
44 Clark, Dallas TE
84 Tamme, Jacob TE
47 Robinson, Gijon TE
11 Gonzalez, Anthony WR
87 Wayne, Reggie WR
88 Harrison, Marvin WR
85 Garcon, Pierre WR
83 Hall, Roy WR
10 Roby, Courtney WR

There's 55 there, but Lilja and Hagler are PUP'd

Quote:
Old 08-30-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Tell me if I'm missing something:
  • OT: Corey Hilliard made it over Michael Toudouze.
  • DL: Curtis Johnson made it over Colin Ferrell.
  • S: Jamie Silva made it over Brannon Condren.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Tell me if I'm missing something:
  • OT: Corey Hilliard made it over Michael Toudouze.
  • DL: Curtis Johnson made it over Colin Ferrell.
  • S: Jamie Silva made it over Brannon Condren.
If by Colin Ferrell you mean Jeff Charleston. You missed Roby over Aromashodu, Rhodes over Keith, Hart over Dawson, and Senn over Worsley (w00t! I was hoping Senn would make the roster). That's all I can see.

Quote:
Old 08-30-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

I had those correctly beforehand, but certainly there were a few battles at some positions.

Somewhat surprised to see Condren go, I think he looked okay and had potential, but Silva seems as much so if not more. Silva could be the better player on both defense and special teams, and is younger.

Hilliard can play some guard as well. I like Toudouze though.

And I liked Colin Ferrell, but maybe he didn't show enough to the coaches. To be fair, he was more thought of being kept because of the DT position itself mainly than BPA.

Last edited by Geo : 08-30-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I had those correctly beforehand, but certainly there were a few battles at some positions.
Oh, I thought you meant people who made the 2008 roster over people who were on the 2007 roster, my bad.

Quote: