Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
The Bears in 2087.

By the way, what's with all the 49'ers noise? Just because they weren't terrible last year doesn't make them a Superbowl contendor anytime soon. What do they really have in terms of building blocks other than Frank Gore and maaaaaaaaybe Alex Smith? When they played the elite teams they still got beat like a drum (see Bears-Chargers). I don't think any team can have realistic Superbowl expectations for the next 3-4 years.
Who would have said the Bears had realistic SB aspirations 3 or 4 years ago? All they had was Urlacher and a bunch of crap. A lot change in a span of 4 years.
Three years ago we had Urlacher, Mike Brown, Olin Kruetz who were all at the very top of their game. We also had emerging young players Lance Briggs, Nathan Vasher, Tommie Harris, and Charles Tillman.

Anybody that didn't see the Bears as a team on the rise in 2003-2004 wasn't paying attention. We would have been much better in 2004 had we not been devestated by injuries. Keep in mind the biggest reason we had losing seasons was Grossman continually going down and being stuck with Chad Hutchison, Kordell Stewart, and the 500 year old Chris Chandler at QB. The team as a whole was very solid, it was just a few positions that were so bad they were holding everyone else back.

I couldn't name one players on the Niners defense besides Walt Harris who we drafted in 1996 that did anything last year. Again, maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see it.
The players you named seem like obvious choices for emerging stars at the time, but I think you held them in higher regard than most because you're a Bears fan. The Niners have emerging young players too, you just don't know enough about them because your not a SF fan.

Spin it however you want, but no one outside of Chicago looked at that 4-12 Bears team in 02 and thought "wow, now THAT's a team on the rise!"
The team in '02 was terrible. Everyone from the 2001 13-3 team was injured, old, or just overated. We had a tremendous draft in 2003 and a very good one in 2004. Even though we were 12-20 in 2003-2004, we were the youngest team in the league and clearly a few pieces away from a being a contendor.

Again, I would like to hear where the building blocks on the team are outside of Frank Gore? Their best two defensive players are a year or two away from retiring. After that there is Brandon Moore, who I don't think anyone is going to build a team around.

If you want a team that looks primed to return to their days of yore I give you, sadly, the Green Bay Packers.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote