Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 09-07-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Falcons are doing a great job of dictating the clock, whooo baby we goonnna

WINZ!! 1-0 SON!! 1-0!!

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great game today...absolutely great, now lets take the negative things and improve.
dunagan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I <3 Abraham.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I <3 Abraham.
ditto, He was in beast mode today
Old 09-07-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
ditto, He was in beast mode today

Even though Anderson wasn't good for most of the game, he did get good pressure along with Abe for thos sacks.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offensive MVP: Michael Turner 22 carries , 220yds, 2 TDs

Defensive MVP: John Abraham 4 tackles, 3 SACK

Special Teams: Jason Elam, FGs 2-2, 50 yard Long

amazing game, the falcon fans have something to be excited about again.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

THIS is why i didnt even show an interest in any of the draft eligable RB's last year im so happy, my number 1 target in every stupid mock offseason scenario- we actually sign the guy and then he performs like that.

That is the perfect way to bring along a young QB, 150-200 yards per game a touchdown and just ride the norwood turner train.

Justin Blalock and Sam Baker (who i didnt fancy as a run blocker pre-draft at all) played great..
Jamaal Anderson got half a sack and was held all day as he continually got push
Houston and Grimes fought well couple of great plays by both and gave up less than many thought.

AND found a stream and was able to watch the game

SO worth getting up at 3am for

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 09-07-2008 at 04:11 PM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:10 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm worried turner will get injured midseason with the number of carries hes getting and the physical style of his runs.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
THIS is why i didnt even show an interest in any of the draft eligable RB's last year im so happy, my number 1 target in every stupid mock offseason scenario- we actually sign the guy and then he performs like that.

That is the perfect way to bring along a young QB, 150-200 yards per game a touchdown and just ride the norwood turner train.

Just Blalock and Sam Baker (who i didnt fancy as a run blocker at all) played great..
Jamaal Anderson got half a sack and was held all day as he continually got push
Houston and Grimes fought well couple of great plays by both and gave up less than many thought.

AND found a stream and was able to watch the game

SO worth getting up at 3am for

Yes The O-line as a whole played very well (only gave 2 sacks I believe, which is great with the youth of this o-line) Baker looks promising.

I love the dedication as well Huff, 3 am, that pretty darn early.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazing performance today. I expected our offense to be very good this year, but not amazing like it was today. Now, we won't do this every week but it was encouraging.

The defense played okay. I still have my doubts about how they will hold up.

As far as errors, the biggest one I saw was trying to run a two minute offense before the half, leading 21-7, with a rookie QB. Otherwise it was great.

I made a fool of myself in the sports bar after those first few TDs.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Yes The O-line as a whole played very well (only gave 2 sacks I believe, which is great with the youth of this o-line) Baker looks promising.

I love the dedication as well Huff, 3 am, that pretty darn early.
this is the first time i have done it since the Titans nightmare last year. I was soo fired up today didnt even come close to needing coffee. Cant wait for all those ESPN and NFL network reactions. IF anyone else other than Baldinger tries to claim they had any sort of belief in this team just remember the 1-15 expectations.

Deon Sanders, Mr "that pass would only be completed against the Falcons secondary" seems to look a bit silly now doesnt he? The most gifted WR core in the NFL held to 10 catches for 147 yards and a TD... what an idiot
Old 09-07-2008, 04:27 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man.

Things I was right on-

- Matt Ryan will be the savior
- Michael Turner was the best possible offseason pickup
- Our offense is our strength
- Our defense, especially our defensive backs, are our weakness

I seem to be wrong about
- Sam Baker and the offensive line, who looked legit despite playing an average NFL defensive line
- the defensive line, who played well despite playing a below average offensive line
- Our record this year, which I said 4-12/5-11. I am now changing that opinion to 8-8 to 10-6, with a guess of 9-7.

And yes, it was the Lions. But I am pumped.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
i'm worried turner will get injured midseason with the number of carries hes getting and the physical style of his runs.
He will have the average workload of a workhorse back. About 320-340 carries I would say.

He will be fine, I think.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Man.

Things I was right on-

- Matt Ryan will be the savior
- Michael Turner was the best possible offseason pickup
- Our offense is our strength
- Our defense, especially our defensive backs, are our weakness

I seem to be wrong about
- Sam Baker and the offensive line, who looked legit despite playing an average NFL defensive line
- the defensive line, who played well despite playing a below average offensive line
- Our record this year, which I said 4-12/5-11. I am now changing that opinion to 8-8 to 10-6, with a guess of 9-7.

And yes, it was the Lions. But I am pumped.

I'd hold on with this Ryan savior stuff. He threw 13 passes.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He will have the average workload of a workhorse back. About 320-340 carries I would say.

He will be fine, I think.
I agree, It will help that in his first few seasons he didnt take many hits that a usual free agent back would have.

I think Turner wants to carry the ball 320 times to proove the doubters that hes ready.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ya and it was the perfect amount. Enough to manage the game and pick up first downs with several big plays.

Right now he doesnt need to throw 30 passes a game with the running game of Turner and Norwood.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He was beutiful. No ****.

After the first pass I went crazy. The bomb to Roddy was nice. The decisions to check it down or tuck and runs were there.

Did you know that the word opposite of hetero is banned on these boards? I did not.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Wow!

MVP - Our O-line. Sensational performance. Yes, the Detroit D-line is one of the worst in the league, but still, you can only beat what's in front of you.

I thought Anderson showed that there is more to come from him. I was reasonably satisfied with his performace. Abraham is ridiculous. Detroit's decision to roll out to his side for that 3rd sack was incredibly stupid...

I thought that our corners did a good job, actually, against a fantastic pair of wide receivers. We won't face any better pair all year.

I still think that we will do well to win six or seven games, but I am hugely encouraged!
Old 09-07-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was kind of disappointed with the pass rush. Other than Abraham, no one was really getting at the QB all game.

EDIT: but I'm just saying this through speculation from FalcFans chat members. I didn't see the game.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Ya and it was the perfect amount. Enough to manage the game and pick up first downs with several big plays.

Right now he doesnt need to throw 30 passes a game with the running game of Turner and Norwood.

Oh yeah, he looked good. I'm not ready to call him a savior after this game though. That deep ball was a big play by Roddy, more so then Ryan. He had to adjust like a mother to get that.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I do think we need a big corner like Vonte Davis or Malcolm Jenkins though. The size disadvantage is huge.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I do think we need a big corner like Vonte Davis or Malcolm Jenkins though. The size disadvantage is huge.
agreed. its gonna get exposed more effectively by more crafty coaches and wide receivers.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Yeah, I personally wouldn't rule out taking a corner in the first round, despite the fact that we play cover 2. If we can get ourselves into the middle of the round, it would be great to grab Jenkins or Davis.

Very few teams have two massive receivers like CJ and RW, but most teams have one big guy, and we really need to have someone who can deal with that.

Still, I think our corners did a good job.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
As much as I hate it, I'm inclined to agree.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
+1, Grimes n Houston played OK but nothing game changing, just enough to get by.

I still like both on the roster but a big (size), big play corner is necessay as well as an upgrade to the pass rush.