Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-26-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
It really looks to me like they won't be making a decision until next week until at least after they get a chance to interview Norv. I can stand to live with either:

HC: Wade Phillips
DC: Todd Bowles
OC: Jason Garrett

HC: Norv Turner

I'd rather Garrett stick to OC for now. Plus I'd also rather stick with the 3-4.
How about this

HC - Dan Reeve
DC - Todd Bowles
OC - Jason Garrett

but I think this is better

HC - Wade Phllips
DC and AHC: Mike Singletary
OC - Jason Carrett
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcirc
Quote:
It really looks to me like they won't be making a decision until next week until at least after they get a chance to interview Norv. I can stand to live with either:

I'd rather Garrett stick to OC for now. Plus I'd also rather stick with the 3-4.
How about this

HC - Dan Reeve
DC - Todd Bowles
OC - Jason Garrett

HC - Wade Phllips
OC - Jason Garrett
Obviously that would be ideal, but I was trying to be realistic. I don't see how we would be able to pull Mike away from the Niners in a lateral move like that. As a matter of fact this here would be the MOST ideal:

HC: Mike Singletary

I just (unfortunatley) have not heard anything about us looking to speak with Mike Singletary whatsoever.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrcirc
Quote:

How about this

HC - Dan Reeve
DC - Todd Bowles
OC - Jason Garrett

HC - Wade Phllips
OC - Jason Garrett
Obviously that would be ideal, but I was trying to be realistic. I don't see how we would be able to pull Mike away from the Niners in a lateral move like that. As a matter of fact this here would be the MOST ideal:

HC: Mike Singletary

I just (unfortunatley) have not heard anything about us looking to speak with Mike Singletary whatsoever.
Well Mike stepping in as a DC wouldn't be a lateral move because he hasn't been appointed the DC in San Fran. I do think he would take the DC job if offered to him. I think the search right now is on the HC. ...and as much as I would like him to fill the HC job, I do think the safe step for him right now is as a DC.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Number-94

Quote:
IRVING, Texas - As expected, Chargers defensive coordinator Wade Phillips arrived at Valley Ranch early Friday morning and is interviewing for the Cowboys' head coaching position.
Phillips, 60, certainly has plenty of experience, compiling a 48-39 record as a head coach with the Saints, Broncos, Bills and Falcons.
Phillips figures to be the first of three new candidates to interview for the job. The Cowboys not only contacted the Chargers about interviewing Phillips, but informed the Saints and 49ers of their intentions to interview Gary Gibbs and Norv Turner, respectively.
Rest at Dallascowboys.com

Good? Bad?
Old 01-26-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we do in fact we do go back to the 4-3 what is the starting lineup/depth chart if we make realistic FA moves and draft picks?
Old 01-26-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Number-94

I don't think James could play in the 4-3 at all. He's just to slow. Probably like....

DE: Ware, SPEARS(only strong side), Ellis
DT: Ferguson, Canty, Ratliff
SOLB: Carpenter, Burnett
WOLB: Adoyle, Singleton
MLB: Kinda hard..James is to slow, maybe Fowler?
Old 01-26-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First of all... If Jerry Jones is looking at guys like Wade Philips and Gary Gibbs, I dont think we will be making a switch to the 4-3. Lets say we dont get Wade and end up with say,Gibbs... yes he is primarily a 4-3 guy but, he does know the 3-4 well enough to instill it as our primary d. We have great personel to run the 3-4, all we need is someone who could teach it correctly. As for Todd Bowles... I'm not as high on him as most of you... first of all he hasnt helped improve our secondary these past two years and he is another 4-3 guy that would be forced to teach a 3-4 defense that he has no experience in. It just seems illogical to me. I dont care how good his interview is or that our subpar secondary "responds" to him, we need an experienced 3-4 guy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H.
First of all... If Jerry Jones is looking at guys like Wade Philips and Gary Gibbs, I dont think we will be making a switch to the 4-3. Lets say we dont get Wade and end up with say,Gibbs... yes he is primarily a 4-3 guy but, he does know the 3-4 well enough to instill it as our primary d. We have great personel to run the 3-4, all we need is someone who could teach it correctly. As for Todd Bowles... I'm not as high on him as most of you... first of all he hasnt helped improve our secondary these past two years and he is another 4-3 guy that would be forced to teach a 3-4 defense that he has no experience in. It just seems illogical to me. I dont care how good his interview is or that our subpar secondary "responds" to him, we need an experienced 3-4 guy.
Bowles came in in 2005--the year we switched to 3-4. So he has seen the 3-4 for a couple of years...furthermore, he is a secondary coach, so 4-3 and 3-4 are not as important to him; he should be able to work with whichever scheme he is given.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
Quote:
Bowles came in in 2005--the year we switched to 3-4. So he has seen the 3-4 for a couple of years...furthermore, he is a secondary coach, so 4-3 and 3-4 are not as important to him; he should be able to work with whichever scheme he is given.
Coming to the Boys in 05, nearly all of his coaching experience had come in a 4-3 primary defense. What does this mean? It means he learned the 3-4 from who? That's right, Mike Zimmer, Zimmer knows nothing about the 3-4 and he was the first to admit that when Parcells came in. As for him being a secondary coach... That means nothing if he will be our d coord. because, he will need to know more than just about the secondary. He is just going to be another Zimmer and once again our defense will look confused and out of place. Our defense just looked flat out slow last season, not because, they dont have speed it was because, they didnt know their assignments. This can and should be contributed to bad coaching by a coach who didnt know what he was doing and now we are going to replace said coach with a man who learned under him. Just seems moronic to me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
Quote:
Bowles is crap... There are a TON of secondary coaches that did better with a lot less talent to work with.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just typed up a big thing but then lost it

Anyway, what I basically said was I think Wade Phillips will be the Head Coach, and then I think Greg Manusky will be DC. And some other stuff about who I'd want want at each position if that coach were to get the boot if Phillips were to clean house. If you really want me to redo that I will.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Witten has been added to the pro bowl

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
Jason Witten has been added to the pro bowl

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
Success!
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:03 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
I just typed up a big thing but then lost it

Anyway, what I basically said was I think Wade Phillips will be the Head Coach, and then I think Greg Manusky will be DC. And some other stuff about who I'd want want at each position if that coach were to get the boot if Phillips were to clean house. If you really want me to redo that I will.
Redo what?

JK
Old 01-27-2007, 03:04 AM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How can you claim "success" when Newman hasn't even sniffed the Pro Bowl?
Old 01-27-2007, 03:05 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BX
Yeah, no crap... I gotta get his autograph... Already got Witten's.... :|
Old 01-27-2007, 03:46 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BX

There you go...I threw in Zuriel Smith for free.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:54 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BX

You let that scrub sign it? What kind of name is Zuriel??? lol. Only Pro-Bowlers on mine baby! :D
Old 01-27-2007, 03:55 AM    (permalink
fondoffilm
Rookie

fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.fondoffilm is a cocksman.

No love for Gary Gibbs?
fondoffilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:56 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BX

You let that scrub sign it? What kind of name is Zuriel??? lol. Only Pro-Bowlers on mine baby! :D
Then you don't need Newman

Thats not mine btw...just some random one I saw on ebay.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-27-2007, 03:57 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondoffilm
No love for Gary Gibbs?
I give him a 5% chance of being the Dallas Cowboys head coach this year....I don't even know why his name is being mentioned for the job. Must just to show there is plenty of interest for the job or something.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-27-2007, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Apparently, the Niners really want Ol' Norv to stay.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2744279

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
$KidCowboy$
Rookie

$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BX

Then you don't need Newman

Thats not mine btw...just some random one I saw on ebay.
I have a T-New signed jersey in my room.
Boo ya.
I also have Billy Cundiff and Matt Lehr's autographs from when they were on the cowboys..
Double Boo ya.

Thanks Tobzilla
$KidCowboy$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Ware_HITStick
Rookie

Ware_HITStick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We want Cowher... not likely, but I would take him if he wanted to come
Old 01-27-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Apparently, the Niners really want Ol' Norv to stay.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2744279
Hopefully he does stay. I don't want him as a head coach. Heck of a coordinator, but HC? No.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote