Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Why is DeAngelo Hall always praised so highly?

Seriously it always seems like this guy is getting clowned whenever I see him play. And tonight is another fine example. Eddie Royal is killing him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

no pass rush helps but he was always over hyped
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

or maybe, Eddie Royal is just amazing.
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
I've been riding the Broncos all night but calm the **** down with the homerism.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.

On a team with little media coverage + Homers hyping him up =
Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
It's called Auto Fellatio!
Gatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eddie Royal is the best player in the NFL hands down.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not saying Eddie Royal isn't good. I'm saying that Hall hasn't been that impressive in his career...and in my opinion doesn't deserve the recognition he gets.

Quote:
Old 09-09-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ocho Cinco said he sucked and that he should be called DeAngelo Fall because of how bad he is.

Ocho Cinco is right 85% of the time.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:42 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can take whatever I say with a grain of salt considering my username and the team I like, but whatever.

He let up 1 TD last year with the Falcons, and that was on a Joey Galloway slant and go for 44 yards and a TD. He did not let up any other TD and was only burnt on a couple plays (for about 30-40 yards).

But every year before that, his biggest issue has been his consistency. One week he would come in and dominate. Another week he would just make stupid gambles and stupid penalties.

I guess one reason I am happy about trading him away is that at least I know what our CBs will be like.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
He let up 1 TD last year with the Falcons, and that was on a Joey Galloway slant and go for 44 yards and a TD. He did not let up any other TD and was only burnt on a couple plays (for about 30-40 yards).
pretty sure it was a sluggo route but yeah he did burn him
Old 09-09-2008, 12:45 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's because he runs REALLY fast and is cocky. Chad Ocho Cinco has proved that everyone loves a showboat
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is no nasty Nate that is for sure
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:59 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see the whole game, but I know if you get roasted in the season opener, things are looking bad. The Oakland pass rush though...yech.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Ness
Legend

Quote:
You can take whatever I say with a grain of salt considering my username and the team I like, but whatever.

But every year before that, his biggest issue has been his consistency. One week he would come in and dominate. Another week he would just make stupid gambles and stupid penalties.

I guess one reason I am happy about trading him away is that at least I know what our CBs will be like.
But his yards per play was terrible. Or rather, below average ranking in the mid 7's...which was the second best of his career apparently. Granted, the pass rush wasn't that great...but there is a reason he is frequently targeted.

Quote:
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
it's because he runs REALLY fast and is cocky. Chad Ocho Cinco has proved that everyone loves a showboat
But Ocho Cinco is good. And he killed it on the Riverdance.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:09 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
But Ocho Cinco is good. And he killed it on the Riverdance.
Oh man, that riverdance WAS awesome. It cannot be denied.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Oh man, that riverdance WAS awesome. It cannot be denied.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79o1ugGw6bg
Old 09-09-2008, 01:13 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He must be good dawg. He was drafted high, plus I know his name.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eddie Royal played well but Cutler was a big part of that.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
But his yards per play was terrible. Or rather, below average ranking in the mid 7's...which was the second best of his career apparently. Granted, the pass rush wasn't that great...but there is a reason he is frequently targeted.
Eh whatever. I am done defending him. Do not feel like arguing for him right now.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 09-09-2008, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Eh whatever. I am done defending him. Do not feel like arguing for him right now.
Because you can't possibly defend him right now.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Because you can't possibly defend him right now.
why would he want to insult himself?
Old 09-09-2008, 01:38 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

You guys are assholes. LEAVE DEANGELO HALL ALONE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

Last edited by d34ng3l021 : 09-09-2008 at 01:40 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:51 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You must have missed the game against the Giants, where Amani Toomer caught an easy one on him in the 1st quarter.

Boldin's 2nd TD in week 16 was on Hall as well.

I remember Anthony Gonzalez beating him badly on a deep ball that would have easily been a TD had he not been headed toward the sideline. That set up an easy TD. In my mind, Hall is accountable for that.

Not only did he play with 2 very exploitable corners in Chris Houston and Lewis Sanders, but he didn't even match up with the majority of top WR's the Falcons faced last year. Missing out on Wayne, Holt, Colston, Andre Johnson (hurt), and Burress.

Now across from Aso, Hall won't be able to hide on that comfy left side in Atlanta anymore. He'll be among the most frequently targeted corners in the league this year.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:54 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Didn't Hall come out and say he would never play for a losing team again?

Uh...