Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Will Cutler be an elite QB?
Yes 90 71.43%
No 36 28.57%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Cribbs>Hester needs more cowbell.

Cutler is a man amounst boys out there. With Cutler back healthy and Philip Rivers' cocky attitude. The SD and Denver rivalry is going to become a very fun one to watch the next few years.
Cribbs>Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
Cutler is a man amounst boys out there. With Cutler back healthy and Philip Rivers' cocky attitude. The SD and Denver rivalry is going to become a very fun one to watch the next few years.
This is true.

Hopefully Cutler continues this throughout the season.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Cribbs>Hester needs more cowbell.

I can see it now, during special teams plays, Cutler and Rivers yelling back and forth across the field :

Rivers :: I had my way with your sister lastnight

Cutler :: thats awesome, but I had a threesome with your mom and sister lastnight.

Rivers :: Thats a good one, but why is your wife wearing my jersey?
Cribbs>Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
I can see it now, during special teams plays, Cutler and Rivers yelling back and forth across the field :

Rivers :: I had my way with your sister lastnight

Cutler :: thats awesome, but I had a threesome with your mom and sister lastnight.

Rivers :: Thats a good one, but why is your wife wearing my jersey?
Cutler :: Not gonna ******** you, she's a dirty tramp.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

The Denver Cutlers are going to the playoffs!!!!!
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

final line
J. Cutler 16/24 300 yards 2 tds 0 ints
Old 09-09-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets were so close to taking him over D'Brick. Once again we were wrong.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
Jets were so close to taking him over D'Brick. Once again we were wrong.
You guys will get your shot.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:31 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If only Oakland took Cutler instead of Huff in that draft..... we would still suck nvm.

I think he will be a good QB, no not the face if the league, but a top 10 QB for a number of years

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:39 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If only Al Davis would kick the bucket, the raiders might actually become a football team again.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:11 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
If only Oakland took Cutler instead of Huff in that draft..... we would still suck nvm.

I think he will be a good QB, no not the face if the league, but a top 10 QB for a number of years
So is Huff a bust? I think you have to say yes if you look at the other safeties drafted in the top ten recently.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:02 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
So is Huff a bust? I think you have to say yes if you look at the other safeties drafted in the top ten recently.
He definitely has not lived up to his draft status but he doesn't suck either. I wouldn't call him a complete bust, just a little disappointing so far. We're only 1 game into his first season at FS so we'll see how it goes.

Last edited by Stash : 09-09-2008 at 03:05 AM.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:08 AM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Cutler is well on his way to being an elite starter. The only problem I have with him is that dealing with diabetes will erode his level of play and shorten his career down the road. He'll be an elite QB, but he probably won't remain in the league well past age 30 like most top flight QBs do.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:13 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
Cutler is well on his way to being an elite starter. The only problem I have with him is that dealing with diabetes will erode his level of play and shorten his career down the road. He'll be an elite QB, but he probably won't remain in the league well past age 30 like most top flight QBs do.
I'd like a link for the info and a description on your medical background, if it's not too much to ask.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:13 AM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
I'd like a link for the info and a description on your medical background, if it's not too much to ask.
Being diagnosed with Type II diabetes resulted in the decline of Mike Sinclair. Coming off a pro bowl season in 1998, he was diagnosed with diabetes in the off season, and his play swiftly declined, and he was out of the league in 2002.

Kenny Duckett got bounced after he began to have kidney problems after his diabetes exacerbated a hard hit.

Diabetes puts additional wear and tear on your body. The NFL does enough of that as it stands. Hard excercise causes swings your blood sugar, and with a diabetic, those cause further damage which manifests itself in many ways.

Peripheral Arterial Disease causes pain, cramping, and fatigue in the extremities. This is what would up finishing off Sinclair's career. It also wound up costing Jack Tatum his leg.

Diabetic Retinopathy is the ocular manifestation of the disease. This occurs in 80% of diabetes patients by the time that they've had the disease. This leads to degradation of vision, and eventually, blindness. Vision is important for a QB.

Diabetic Neuropathy causes numbness and muscle weakness in the extremities, among other, less impactful on football, problems. Numbness in the hands, and muscle weakness in the shoulder could cause problems for an NFL QB.

Diabetic Nephropathy is the one that poses the greatest immediate threat to a football players career. It weakens the kidneys, and makes them prone to damage, and slower to heal. An injury to a kidney could cause a diabetic to bleed out. Guess what's the least protected organs on a QB? The kidneys.

There is no cure for these problems. They can not be stopped, only slowed. Like any other chronic disease, it only gets worse with time. Eventually, they will insinuate their way into Cutler's career. Strict diet and exercise will help, but every time he takes a traumatic hit, it's hitting him harder than any other QB in the league.

I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
Old 09-09-2008, 04:16 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Being diagnosed with Type II diabetes resulted in the decline of Mike Sinclair. Coming off a pro bowl season in 1998, he was diagnosed with diabetes in the off season, and his play swiftly declined, and he was out of the league in 2002.

Kenny Duckett got bounced after he began to have kidney problems after his diabetes exacerbated a hard hit.

Diabetes puts additional wear and tear on your body. The NFL does enough of that as it stands. Hard excercise causes swings your blood sugar, and with a diabetic, those cause further damage which manifests itself in many ways.

Peripheral Arterial Disease causes pain, cramping, and fatigue in the extremities. This is what would up finishing off Sinclair's career. It also wound up costing Jack Tatum his leg.

Diabetic Retinopathy is the ocular manifestation of the disease. This occurs in 80% of diabetes patients by the time that they've had the disease. This leads to degradation of vision, and eventually, blindness. Vision is important for a QB.

Diabetic Neuropathy causes numbness and muscle weakness in the extremities, among other, less impactful on football, problems. Numbness in the hands, and muscle weakness in the shoulder could cause problems for an NFL QB.

Diabetic Nephropathy is the one that poses the greatest immediate threat to a football players career. It weakens the kidneys, and makes them prone to damage, and slower to heal. An injury to a kidney could cause a diabetic to bleed out. Guess what's the least protected organs on a QB? The kidneys.

There is no cure for these problems. They can not be stopped, only slowed. Like any other chronic disease, it only gets worse with time. Eventually, they will insinuate their way into Cutler's career. Strict diet and exercise will help, but every time he takes a traumatic hit, it's hitting him harder than any other QB in the league.
Thanks. I didn't want to do that myself but I highly doubt he will suffer from all of the ailments attached to diabetes that you listed above.

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 09-09-2008 at 04:18 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:29 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

and let's not let this thread be dragged down by such things.

Great showing Jay!
Old 09-09-2008, 04:35 AM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. I didn't want to do that myself but I highly doubt he will suffer from all of the ailments attached to diabetes that you listed above.
Pretty much everyone who has diabetes gets hit with them. It's also much more likely in people with type 1 diabetes. They're interelated, as they're all due to the fact that diabetes causes massive problems with the circulatory system. The eye has a ton a blood vessels by the retina and the kidneys are for all intents and purposes a giant ball of cappillaries.

One of the major problems that Cutler will have to face is the fact that he has type I diabetes. Type II sufferers really have to start worrying about vascular degeneration as they get into their mid 40s, however, with type I, vascular degeneration can begin in the late 20s.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that week 4 Cutler's going to go blind and require his arms and legs to be amputated. But as his career progresses, they will become more and more noticable. He'll get more fatigued in late game situations, and it'll be compounded by muscle weakness. That cannon he has will trickle back, and he'll be more Jeff Garcia than Brett Favre. As his vision starts to be affected, his accuracy will begin to diminish. He'll begin to have problems with sensation in his hands, and as such, he'll begin to have problems holding onto the ball, fumbles and botched passes will become more common, and the ability to pump fake realistically goes out the window. But I think that for now, up until he's about 31 or 32, Cutler will be a top flight QB.

Kind of the ugly silver lining on the cloud is that Cutler's decline will not likely catch the Broncos by suprise, so if they're smart, they'll have a replacement lined up beforehand.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:41 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Pretty much everyone who has diabetes gets hit with them. It's also much more likely in people with type 1 diabetes. They're interelated, as they're all due to the fact that diabetes causes massive problems with the circulatory system. The eye has a ton a blood vessels by the retina and the kidneys are for all intents and purposes a giant ball of cappillaries.

One of the major problems that Cutler will have to face is the fact that he has type I diabetes. Type II sufferers really have to start worrying about vascular degeneration as they get into their mid 40s, however, with type I, vascular degeneration can begin in the late 20s.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that week 4 Cutler's going to go blind and require his arms and legs to be amputated. But as his career progresses, they will become more and more noticable. He'll get more fatigued in late game situations, and it'll be compounded by muscle weakness. That cannon he has will trickle back, and he'll be more Jeff Garcia than Brett Favre. As his vision starts to be affected, his accuracy will begin to diminish. He'll begin to have problems with sensation in his hands, and as such, he'll begin to have problems holding onto the ball, fumbles and botched passes will become more common, and the ability to pump fake realistically goes out the window. But I think that for now, up until he's about 31 or 32, Cutler will be a top flight QB.

Kind of the ugly silver lining on the cloud is that Cutler's decline will not likely catch the Broncos by suprise, so if they're smart, they'll have a replacement lined up beforehand.
Baha, Cutler will regress into mediocrity! I hope the fans return their jerseys by then.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:46 AM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

Quote:
Baha, Cutler will regress into mediocrity! I hope the fans return their jerseys by then.
I think it's better to have a QB who's elite for a while with a decline you can see coming for miles away than a mediocre QB who tantalizes you with "potential" for years without ever realizing it. Sure it's more pessemistic in the first case, but optomists are idiots.

Old 09-09-2008, 04:47 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
but optimists are idiots.
shh, don't let AQ hear you. Hell on earth if she does....
Old 09-09-2008, 09:05 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i say tennessee could of had this kid :(
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:38 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler is a top 10 QB right now and will be top 5 by the end of the season
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:55 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler was excellent last night and really looks great. The past two years, he's really made one consistent mistake. Every once in a while, he would look like he's never played before and throw a pass that makes you go "WTF!?" like his backward pass to Selvin Young in game 1 last season. He had no such moments last night. He gave up on plays that had no chance and just threw away the ball. If he can stay like that all season, he is an elite quarterback. With Brady gone, he has a legit chance at the PB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Cutler was excellent last night and really looks great. The past two years, he's really made one consistent mistake. Every once in a while, he would look like he's never played before and throw a pass that makes you go "WTF!?" like his backward pass to Selvin Young in game 1 last season. He had no such moments last night. He gave up on plays that had no chance and just threw away the ball. If he can stay like that all season, he is an elite quarterback. With Brady gone, he has a legit chance at the PB.
What are your thoughts on his apparently imminent diabetes complications?