Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC South Division Forum

NFC South Division Forum Discuss the NFC South

Old 08-07-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Preseason games

Saints: Watching them against a pitiful Arizona team just goes to show how much work they have left to do. They marched down the field but were given 3 penalties, 1 of the 15 yard variety to help them get into that situation. Bush isn't going to get it done there, or anywhere for that matter. Brees is still great and gets the ball out of his hands very quickly gotta love his style. Payton is still a brilliant offensive coach. But the Saints in this game just prove to me how poor of a team they will be. Their offense isn't potent enough to make up for their joke of a defense. They do have a great offense, but a ball control style team will just pound them into the ground and will out do them with their consistency.

The secondary is HORRIFIC, their DL has some bright spots, but those were neutralized last year, it's asking a lot of Ellis to come in and make that big of an impact right away, but unfortunately for me, I think it's possible, and could really spring those DEs (which in turn would help the worst DBs in the NFL) The Saints can put up some points, but they're going to have to keep their offensive line healthy this year (like most teams) to be able to have any real success. If they get nicked up, it's going to be a long season for Brees and the boys. Deuce is going to have to play big, which I think he can do, because Bush isn't going to bring 8 in the box that's for sure. If they do it's just for fun. Deuce is going to be the one that keeps teams stacking guys inside.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

... uh... yeah.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:54 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
... uh... yeah.
I still think they have a poor secondary if that counts for anything. It's just that the Bucs passing game is so lethargic it wasn't exposed.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:10 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

The Saints secondary is still garbage. The Bucs just have no pass offense to speak of.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
... uh... yeah.
Did you not watch the games? Apparently not, if it took you this long to respond to a PRESEASON topic. Doesn't mean teams can't develop and get better, but their 2ndary is going to be a laughing stock again, because until their pass rush gets really good their corners blow. Good and Great QBs are going to exploit them.

I wish the Falcons could play against them this week instead of the Bucs, I think the Bucs are far more dangerous especially coming off a loss. You guys were handed a lot in that game, and Reggie Bust just proved how BS he is. He's a gimmic. He's a joke, and I can't wait to see him exposed. Your HC is brilliant dealing with using him, making him look awesome, he's a WR, not a RB, quit calling him one.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote