Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 09-08-2008, 07:47 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Observations from "weak" #1

For the love of God, where do I start ???

#1. No running game -- Weren't they suppose to be focusing on running the ball this year ?? Perry carries the ball a "career high" 18 times for 2.1 YPC getting stuffed on a 4th and 1 with the game on the line. Perry is NOT a cow-bell runner and just because they say he was at Michigan, doesn't make him one in the NFL.

#2. WTF is wrong with the O-Line -- These guys were beat and beat BAD all game at the point of attack. They got blown off the line constantly and gave Carson very little if any time to throw. Carson was running for his life the whole game. How about opening up some holes for the running backs ??

#3. No passing game -- How immobile is Carson ?? Just watch replays of the game. It's pathetic. I'm not saying get rid of Carson and won't, but it's obvious any type of pressure is going to upset this offense all season. I'm concerned about that one. Nothing looked in sync, but how much of that is the disruption of the WR's by the Ravens defense and how much was only throwing to Chad and TJ for the past week in preparation ?? Little of both I suspect. Needs to be fixed. Where the hell was all the play to the TE ??

#4. Can't stop the run -- HOLY SH*T ME TO TEARS !!! Wasn't this another priority ?? Sadly, it's been a priority that has been overlooked for YEARS. Sims being out didn't help, but then again, did they really put all faith in Sims being the lone savior to this HUGE deficiency ?? You can't give up over 200 yards rushing, especially when their starter is out and replaced by a rookie. THIS SICKENS ME TO NO F*CKING END !!!

#5. LB play -- I'm not sold whatsoever with Dhani Jones in the middle. I expect Rivers to have some off days as a rookie and will tolerate that, but no our veteran starting MLB. Did they make a play at all this game ?? Love the depth after Dhani went down as well. WTF is going on in the minds of the coaches ?? I expected far more from our LB's with Fitzgerald coaching. Last shot in regards to the LB's--- DHANI = Flacco's B*TCH !!!

#6. Secondary -- Joseph looked very good as did the majority of the secondary. They were making plays and being very aggressive. Jones goes down and in comes Castille and somehow they thought it was a good idea to get rid of Deltha. Even if he was kept for nothing more than depth, he should have stayed. Bad decision and they will pay for it.

Overall, I would like to give mad credit to the Baltimore defense for proving, regardless of getting another year older, that preparation is the key. Props to those guys who brought it... Flacco managed the game very well and the Ravens fans should be happy with that as well. In regards to the Bengals, this could prove to be a VERY long year. I'm a fan and will be rooting every week, but good God, I can't say as I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully my new widescreen makes it through the season without having something thrown through it !!! THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT WEEK !!!
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Baltimore defense looked as good as it ever has but we have proven in the past to be able to get some things done against them. Not the case yesterday at all. The OL did not look very good but when ur Center is on his ass the majority of the time it's hard to get anything going. If we get a solid Center this line can be very good. The pass pro wasn't too bad Carson just needs to get rid of the ball when we don't have enough blockers for who they are bringing. I also put a lot of those problems on GuyChicks shoulders because the communication didn't seem to be there.

The defense is gonna need some time to gel and aside from the end of the game when they couldn't get off the field to save their life I though it was a mediocre start for them. It's clear we need a MLB for sure. Rivers made some rookie mistakes but looked good at times, he has a bright future ahead of him. The secondary looked pretty good but you would expect that with a Rook at QB.

It's week one so I'm not way too disappointed but it's clear that we could be in for a long season if they don't show some improvement especially on offense. You can't put this young D in those type of situations right now and expect to win games. The offense has to step up and shoulder the load so the defense has some chance.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 09:53 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our run game was horrible. I have no idea what they were thinking trying to run Perry up the middle. If anyone can go into the middle, it's Watson, and that's still iffy.

The O-Line play was horrible. Not only could they do nothing as far as a running game is concerned, they were letting Carson get killed almost every play. We must keep Carson healthy if we have any chance of gaining yards offensively.

I don't blame the lack of a passing game to Palmer's immobility. He did have a nice scramble (uncharacteristic), which almost went for a 1st. I'd say it goes back to the sh*tty play from the O-Line.

I think until we get a solid MLB and full-force D-Line, we won't be able to effectively stop the run.

I'm not fully sold on Dhani Jones either, but he's pretty much the best we have in terms of knowledge/experience. He may not be the best physically, but as a leader he's alright I suppose.

I was impressed with our secondary play as well. Joseph had a game with the knockdowns and the FR that he took yard. It is, however, starting to look like letting Deltha go was a bad idea, if only because of his experience.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7033

I like Ocho's optimism in the article. It seems that he and everyone else understand what needs to be done to get back to form and hopefully turn things around.

Last edited by hobbes2053 : 09-08-2008 at 12:11 PM.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
Our run game was horrible. I have no idea what they were thinking trying to run Perry up the middle. If anyone can go into the middle, it's Watson, and that's still iffy.

The O-Line play was horrible. Not only could they do nothing as far as a running game is concerned, they were letting Carson get killed almost every play. We must keep Carson healthy if we have any chance of gaining yards offensively.

I don't blame the lack of a passing game to Palmer's immobility. He did have a nice scramble (uncharacteristic), which almost went for a 1st. I'd say it goes back to the sh*tty play from the O-Line.

I think until we get a solid MLB and full-force D-Line, we won't be able to effectively stop the run.

I'm not fully sold on Dhani Jones either, but he's pretty much the best we have in terms of knowledge/experience. He may not be the best physically, but as a leader he's alright I suppose.

I was impressed with our secondary play as well. Joseph had a game with the knockdowns and the FR that he took yard. It is, however, starting to look like letting Deltha go was a bad idea, if only because of his experience.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=7033

I like Ocho's optimism in the article. It seems that he and everyone else understand what needs to be done to get back to form and hopefully turn things around.
Well going into the draft this coming season we will have lots to pick from as we are going to have many holes of mediocrity to fill. Linebackers, Defensive Tackles, Oline, Running Back, Wide Receiver(possibly), Secondary. The team really looked like the worse team in the NFL yesterday. The oline is horrid, and it really needs to step up. Was Willie so bad that we had to release him? There is no way Willie was playing as bad as that line was playing.

Deltha stopped an endzone pass yesterday to clinch a win for the Patriots.

At least Rudi Johnson didnt show up and run 200 yards yesterday...that was a relief.

This was my 1000th post...glad it could be a Bengal post!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Oline MUST get its act together. No if's and's or but's. They are the key to this entire team. Ghiaciuc is done here, he can't be replaced soon enough. Run blocking up the middle has always sucked with him and he's never been good at getting the line coordinated.

I was harsh on the D at first but I can't blame the guys for being on the field all day getting pounded with fresh legs at RB. The secondary did a good job, granted it was against a rookie QB but still they did their job.

Marvin White had 8 total tackles, Dhani and Rivers with 10. Dhani was by no means great but he's adequate on this point. At least he's not a source of our troubles. Didn't see much of Jeanty at all with the exception of the forced fumble. Dexter Jackson never makes any appearances. Hall didn't get thrown at much from what I saw but him and Joseph each had 3 pass deflections (tied for most on the day). Joseph's 5 tackles are also among the top in CB's. He may be in for a very good season health provided.

The defense didn't lose us the game, given our reputation that's the most we can ask for out of them at this point. Granted, they did stick with the trend of big plays beating us.

Bratkowski can't call a game to save his life. Even in '05 I was not sold on him, it's just getting worse. Run Perry to the outside, good lord the reason Rudi got run up the gut was because that's his strength. Don't run Perry into those big Dlineman and LB's. Run him off Stacy/Williams. It was apparent early that the Oline was getting destroyed so Bratkowski stuck with the whole "go deep" play calling. Peyton destroys teams with quick slants and hitting the RB/TE short, THEN you go deep. There were ways around the Oline being so terrible.

While Carson wasn't mobile by any means, I think he started to get a little more used to the idea given how much he was running for his life. He did start to make his own room towards the end on a few occasions. He's just not used to it. Not to say he'll turn into Big Ben at making things happen but he doesn't quite have cement boots on either.

There were at least a few things for promise and the Ravens D is still the Ravens D even though we've done pretty well against them the last few years. At least our biggest problem is the offense, we know they've got it in them to play well.

This could be a very long season, I'm thinking it'll be a clone of the last two. AKA frustrating, inconsistent and giving me false hopes all season.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
The Oline MUST get its act together. No if's and's or but's. They are the key to this entire team. Ghiaciuc is done here, he can't be replaced soon enough. Run blocking up the middle has always sucked with him and he's never been good at getting the line coordinated.

I was harsh on the D at first but I can't blame the guys for being on the field all day getting pounded with fresh legs at RB. The secondary did a good job, granted it was against a rookie QB but still they did their job.

Marvin White had 8 total tackles, Dhani and Rivers with 10. Dhani was by no means great but he's adequate on this point. At least he's not a source of our troubles. Didn't see much of Jeanty at all with the exception of the forced fumble. Dexter Jackson never makes any appearances. Hall didn't get thrown at much from what I saw but him and Joseph each had 3 pass deflections (tied for most on the day). Joseph's 5 tackles are also among the top in CB's. He may be in for a very good season health provided.

The defense didn't lose us the game, given our reputation that's the most we can ask for out of them at this point. Granted, they did stick with the trend of big plays beating us.

Bratkowski can't call a game to save his life. Even in '05 I was not sold on him, it's just getting worse. Run Perry to the outside, good lord the reason Rudi got run up the gut was because that's his strength. Don't run Perry into those big Dlineman and LB's. Run him off Stacy/Williams. It was apparent early that the Oline was getting destroyed so Bratkowski stuck with the whole "go deep" play calling. Peyton destroys teams with quick slants and hitting the RB/TE short, THEN you go deep. There were ways around the Oline being so terrible.

While Carson wasn't mobile by any means, I think he started to get a little more used to the idea given how much he was running for his life. He did start to make his own room towards the end on a few occasions. He's just not used to it. Not to say he'll turn into Big Ben at making things happen but he doesn't quite have cement boots on either.

There were at least a few things for promise and the Ravens D is still the Ravens D even though we've done pretty well against them the last few years. At least our biggest problem is the offense, we know they've got it in them to play well.

This could be a very long season, I'm thinking it'll be a clone of the last two. AKA frustrating, inconsistent and giving me false hopes all season.
Your dead right about the oline. They gotta get it together. Football games are won in the trenches....sadly both ours are weak. Teams are going to put pressure on us all year at this rate. We wont be able to play, play action either if we cant run. We need to use Perry to his strength. He needs outside running and pass options. We also need to use Utecht more.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The offense is going to get better no doubt.

Between getting a rhythm and not playing the Ravens every week things will come around. I'm still confident in what Perry can do, they just need to use him better.

This same Oline played good enough last year, they'll come around. Not to say that turns us into a playoff team but it keeps us out of top 5 pick discussion.

And I forgot to mention, spectacular pun in the title Medic lol.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Your dead right about the oline. They gotta get it together. Football games are won in the trenches....sadly both ours are weak. Teams are going to put pressure on us all year at this rate. We wont be able to play, play action either if we cant run. We need to use Perry to his strength. He needs outside running and pass options. We also need to use Utecht more.
Guy-chick is the problem on the OL. We for sure need to find a stud C who can make the appropriate calls at the line and can take care of his gap/man. I was hoping to pick up Velasco in the draft but it wasn't meant to be. I have no idea why Bratkowski persisted to run Perry into the heart of the defense. You're absolutely right Walrus.. Perry is am outside runner/pass style RB. His strength is not power. Agreed that we need to use Utecht more. Was he even at the game Sunday?
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:57 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
And I forgot to mention, spectacular pun in the title Medic lol.
I was wondering if it went unnoticed. Thanks...

That being said, how much longer can this team wait ?? Here's some additional thoughts:

Joseph is obviously going to be a stud CB and Hall "may" be coming up soon afterwards. With that thought, is there anyway in hell we could afford two former first round picks with probowl production ?? (I know they may not be there yet)

For a team that has the philosophy of building through the draft, there is a time limit involved. By the time those guys are producing at the level you hope them to be, they are going to be looking at free agency and does anyone here think Mike Brown is going to shell out THAT kind of cash ?? (See 8-10 per year for top CB's)

My thought is, at some point in time they are going to have to persue (HEAVILY) a top defensive playmaker to push them over the top and win before this time comes. They saved money cutting people and have used it to extend who ?? That's right, NO ONE !!! To many people that are important to a team not doing well to sit back and wait. Meaning, yeah we aren't winning now, but without Joseph in the secondary, what do we look like ??

I just think they really need to start figuring this sh*t out, because it could get really ugly, really fast !!! Not to mention that maybe these guys are going to want out of Cincinnati with all the BS surrounding this organization. Get on your f*cking horse and make it happen Mike Brown !!!

Oh yeah, where the F*CK is the pass rush ???

Last edited by BengalMedic : 09-09-2008 at 09:59 AM.
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote