Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 09-12-2008, 09:39 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Gruden is all over us in the press. The way he keeps talking up how good we are makes me nervous, he has done his work unlike the Lions. Turner is gonna find it tough going IMO. I hope they dont shut our run down but im not liking our chances. Lets hope im proven wrong.

IMO this game will come down to how well Matt Ryan plays, if/when they force us to pass-and if we can pass well, then the running game will be opened up again instead of 350 guys in the box each play. I think we will have to show our improvement in the run AND the pass to have a shot this weekend, just hope Matt's ready
Old 09-12-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of it will depend on our WRs too. If they are stacking the box, the Ryan needs to recognize the single coverage our WRs are getting. Our WRs need to bail him out by running great routes and finding a hole in the zone. If Ryan stays composed, Roddy could have a big game.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed, Just 2 more days and all will be answered...At least that first day is filled w/ football all day long.
dunagan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
Gruden is all over us in the press. The way he keeps talking up how good we are makes me nervous, he has done his work unlike the Lions. Turner is gonna find it tough going IMO. I hope they dont shut our run down but im not liking our chances. Lets hope im proven wrong.

IMO this game will come down to how well Matt Ryan plays, if/when they force us to pass-and if we can pass well, then the running game will be opened up again instead of 350 guys in the box each play. I think we will have to show our improvement in the run AND the pass to have a shot this weekend, just hope Matt's ready

I think he might love Abraham as much as I do. He hypes him up every single time we play.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just hope and pray that Abe will be healthy, and we can get pressure from someone else other then him. What we need to do to win this game though is stop the run and knock down their jouneyman as much as we can.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, if Abraham gos down this year our defense is in bad shape considering we don't blitz and none of our other defensive lineman get a consistent pass rush.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Honestly, if Abraham gos down this year our defense is in bad shape considering we don't blitz and none of our other defensive lineman get a consistent pass rush.

Bingo. We played supervanilla last week. Maybe it's because we were in cruise-control, but it was very plain. Boley's gotta be rushing more. Look what he did to Peyton Manning. Abraham is an elite pass rusher though. I predicted a huge year, and I'm thinking we get it from him. That core training really seems to have helped him out. According to the team website he's at 265 too. Normally he'd play at 250-256.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Bingo. We played supervanilla last week. Maybe it's because we were in cruise-control, but it was very plain. Boley's gotta be rushing more. Look what he did to Peyton Manning. Abraham is an elite pass rusher though. I predicted a huge year, and I'm thinking we get it from him. That core training really seems to have helped him out. According to the team website he's at 265 too. Normally he'd play at 250-256.
he was listed at 258 for a long time and now this year it's 266. There are a lot of other guys whos listed weight has changed significantly. Just to name some of the most important guys:

Weight up:

Lawyer Milloy= 190... now 218 +28

Justin Blaylock= 324... now 333 +9

Stephen Nicholas= 223... now 232 +9

Weight Down:

Michael Boley= 236... now 223 -13

Chris Houston= 188... now 175 -13

Ovie Mugheli= 255... now 245 -10

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 09-12-2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
he was listed at 258 for a long time and now this year it's 266. There are a lot of other guys whos listed weight has changed significantly. Just to name some of the most important guys:

Justin Blaylock= 324- now 333

Michael Boley= 236- now 223

Chris Houston= 188- now 175

Lawyer Milloy= 190- now 218

Ovie Mugheli= 255- now 245

Stephen Nicholas= 223- now 232
I noticed Houston's weight earlier today. Big difference.

Also, Boley is down to his college weight. Not sure I like that.

Old 09-12-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I noticed Houston's weight earlier today. Big difference.

Also, Boley is down to his college weight. Not sure I like that.
i edited it now, its a little more clear. Anyway, I agree... i dont know if i like Boley at that weight. When he was 235- 240, he did a nice job covering TEs and RBs so him being listed at 223 is low for a LBer and a player his height. Milloy is at 218 now, heck thats only 5 pounds less then our SLBer and he's a safety. I like him at that weight, i want the RBs to feel it when they get hit by him, and he's been doing a great job of doing that this year.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 09-12-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I saw Roddy today...

- drives a Maserati

- looks like a Linebaker

- has a smoking hot chick

On the football note, you can expect Tampa to put a lot in the box and try to stop the run. I hope Matt Ryan can find him more often this week even with the kind of DBs tampa has. I say Matt Ryan's second career TD pass will be caught by Roddy White this week.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 09-13-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Ok time to show we can play well against a good team. This game will be huge. A win here will prove so much, the haters cant say "oh come on it was the lions" any more. On top of that, we will find where we stand and if we can compete for the playoffs.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 09-13-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

My Maserati does 185.

Entourage is awesome.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
My Maserati does 185.

Entourage is awesome.
how bout the girl? :p

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 09-13-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I'd take her, too.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:01 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Ok time to show we can play well against a good team. This game will be huge. A win here will prove so much, the haters cant say "oh come on it was the lions" any more. On top of that, we will find where we stand and if we can compete for the playoffs.
Going into the game the Lions were a playoff team, they lost to us and now it's the 'lowly Lions' so it took away what should have been a nice victory for us, but it doesn't much matter at this point, if we beat the Bucs it will be the same song and dance, we're going to have to be undefeated through week 4 for someone to finally say that the Falcons are a solid team. It's unlikely, but anything is possible I guess.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:12 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Going into the game the Lions were a playoff team, they lost to us and now it's the 'lowly Lions' so it took away what should have been a nice victory for us, but it doesn't much matter at this point, if we beat the Bucs it will be the same song and dance, we're going to have to be undefeated through week 4 for someone to finally say that the Falcons are a solid team. It's unlikely, but anything is possible I guess.
exactly what i was about to say. if we come out with a win, it would be cause 'griese was starting' or some other bs like that. at least we dont have targets on our back and pressure is pretty low.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:15 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Going into the game the Lions were a playoff team
You say a lot of ridiculous ****, but this easily takes the cake.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

iloxy i love you but im gonna have to agree with bf51

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 09-14-2008, 05:21 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wth you smoking iloxy?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:40 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Iloxy = John Kitna???

Old 09-14-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

hope all you guys will be able to watch the game and be here to discuss.
This is a big one guys.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 09-14-2008, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
hope all you guys will be able to watch the game and be here to discuss.
This is a big one guys.
If nothing else I'll be here. :)

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
If nothing else I'll be here. :)
I like the dedication caddy, but you're going to lose.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 09-14-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Epic Clash Of Epic Proportions! Which One Of These Mega Warriors Will Win?!?!?!