Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 09-09-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 2: Tennessee

Vince Young is probable for the game, but MRI results are pending. If Young doesn't start for the Titans, it will be Kerry Collins at QB.

In a recent bengals.com article, Bratkowski insists that he "won't give up on the run." This is only a good thing if he uses our RBs to their strengths (Perry = speed/outside; Watson = power/inside), and even then it may not be all too good going into the teeth of the Tennessee D-Line. I expect Hayneworth to manhandle Ghiaciuc all day long, making running inside virtually impossible.

I'm hoping for the passing game to be more crisp this week, but that depends on the play of the O-Line. If they can't keep the Titans D off Carson, it's going to be a long day.

I'm not going to be overly optimistic going into this game based on last week's offensive performance. Hopefully, our defense can build off last week and continue to gel together and improve.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we work on the passing game equally as much as the running game. I think our running woes may be due to personnel problems rather than technique / plays. However, with the passing game its clearly due to the lack of practice / rhythm between Carson and his receivers and also the line not putting up enough protection.

I don't want to make another thread for it right now, but I honestly think any wins we get this season will be determined by our opponents front 7. The only thing that sucks is our whole schedule has respectful defenses outside of the browns.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:20 AM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just read where Young has a sprained MCL and it appears Collins will get the start against our beloved Bengals this Sunday.

"IF" we figure out our running game even half way and Carson, Chad, and TJ look like they have some sort of sync between them, we may be able to win this game. I SAID "MAY"... I have no reason to think our O-line can hold off the Titans D-line and it will be another big task on their part to try to protect Carson. I want to see more of Utetch as you would think THEIR sync should be good.

The Titans defense, while less confusing than Baltimores is still very stout and physical. Hopefully the "less confusing" will help Carson make his reads better and make adjustments as needed.

I'm praying that somehow our D-line doesn't make another rookie RB look like Walter Payton and we can somehow find a way to apply ANY sort of pass rush. Throw your shoe at the QB, or whatever the hell it takes, BUT PRESSURE THE F*CKING QB !!!

I'll be cheering in front of the TV again this weekend !!! (INSANITY)
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Titans are much like the Ravens in that they have a stout defense and a decent enough offense. Thankfully, Medic is right in saying that their defense is not as confusing, which should help Carson and the OL make their calls. We don't have a prayer at running the ball if Bratkowski insists on running inside instead of to our strengths. I'm also hoping (as I'm assuming everyone else is) that we can get the passing game going. Offensively, it all comes down to if the OL can perform or not. Lately they have looked like a pee-wee team.
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chinny and Sims are back in practice. Chinny can't take the starting SS spot soon enough.

I wish Ghiaciuc's butt luck, Haynesworth is going to be putting him on it all day.

I'm not sure what to expect this week (again). Bratkowski better run Perry early and often. Lets hope the Oline can block someone.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:28 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Final injury report:

OUT: S Dexter Jackson (thumb)
DOUBTFUL: S Herana-Daze Jones (hamstring)
QUESTIONABLE: WR Andre Caldwell (toe), CB David Jones (head), DE Frostee Rucker (foot), DT Pat Sims (toe)
PROBABLE: C Kyle Cook (illness), LB Brandon Johnson (hamstring), CB Johnathan Joseph (hamstring), S Chinedum Ndukwe (knee), DT Jason Shirley (heel)

I didn't even know DJax was hurt. Good thing Chinny is back, we get an upgrade at the position and we need him. Glad to see Rucker isn't hurt too bad and Sims looks close as he practiced a little bit this week.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be more optimistic for this game if the Titans hadn't had their butts handed to them by the Bengals the past couple of meetings between them.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:49 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

We got you the last two but otherwise you all have owned us. Last year was a surprise, not as much that we won but the fashion that we did.

I have no idea what to expect from the team so I'm not about to say what I think will happen.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:38 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
We got you the last two but otherwise you all have owned us. Last year was a surprise, not as much that we won but the fashion that we did.

I have no idea what to expect from the team so I'm not about to say what I think will happen.
we've only had 3 meetings with the titans lol. And we're 2-1.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
we've only had 3 meetings with the titans lol. And we're 2-1.
He's probably talking about when they were in the old afc division together before realignment.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
He's probably talking about when they were in the old afc division together before realignment.
oh ok that makes sense!
Old 09-13-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Yeah we're 3 for our last 10 against them since they went to Tennessee going back to '97. The loss to them in '04 still stings.

EDIT: I think I saw where it said Fisher is 7-2 against us at home, yikes.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 09-13-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

A good quote from Zimmer... Now, I'm not saying he can walk the walk but the guy talks the talk, I'll give him that much. I like what I hear and last Sunday wasn't all that bad on defense. Anyone would cave getting no help from the offense, just ask the Ravens D.

Quote:
"They're not all the way there yet, they're still trying to understand, like I told them Monday, when we came back, the Giants put in a new system (last season), and the first two games they didn't look very good and then ended up playing pretty good," Zimmer said. "We're not 100 percent there. They have a pretty good grasp on it, but little things happen. The other day (the Ravens) were doing so many unbalanced formations that I guess it caught us -- we practiced it a lot -- it wasn't that we weren't prepared for it. I probably had too much stuff in for the amount of stuff they did. Probably should have been a little more simple."
Old 09-14-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Checking in one more time before the game.

With a win I'll be on here claiming we're super bowl bound.
With a loss I'll implode and go psycho about how bad our franchise sucks.

Oh well, either way I get to watch football.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Checking in one more time before the game.

With a win I'll be on here claiming we're super bowl bound.
With a loss I'll implode and go psycho about how bad our franchise sucks.

Oh well, either way I get to watch football.

I agree, if we win we're Superbowl bound and Marvin Lewis a genius and we're the best team ever and I love Chad Ochocinco. ;)