Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-17-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
That's even more arrogant than me saying it could be.
Best in the decade means it would be the best of some 320 secondaries or so. Your arrogance definitely wins this round, considering Roy Williams hasn't covered anyone since his days at Oklahoma and Pacman/Adam/Felon Jones hadn't played until this year. Jones and Williams sure did look superb covering a rookie though. And before you say something about the Eagles secondary, this isn't about them. This is about your "once in a decade" secondary.

Quote:
Now this is truly pathetic. Jason Witten did his damage against your All-Everything Safety who supposedly "hasn't lost a step". Do you really even believe these things, or do you just say the first thing that pops into your head. Last I checked, Dawkins was part of the secondary.
Some against Dawkins, some against the linebackers. Dawkins hasn't lost a step. He had a bad game. They happen. Witten is the best TE in the league. He's going to win 95% of his battles

Quote:
Again, no it wasn't. Witten accounted for 1/3 of the passing yardage in that game, and much of his success came AFTER Owens had just stomped your secondary down, causing JJ to stop blitzing and roll a safety to TO on nearly every play. Since Witten generated 110 yards, and we finished with 312 yards passing, that would mean that 212 yards were done by other players. As the word "most" is defined thusly:

In the greatest quantity, amount, measure, degree, or number

Then that would make you wrong. Again.
Sorry, meant to put after the Owens bomb. Barber was your 3rd leading receiver. He was covered by corners, I'm guessing?

Quote:
And we wont' even mention how Witten was lined up as a WR for nearly half the game.
Good, because he's a tight end.

Quote:
Maybe we just need to get our definitions down. Here is the one for WR:

an offensive player positioned wide of the formation, as a split end, used primarily as a pass receiver.

When Witten is lined up as a WR, running routes like a WR, and getting covered by the defense like a WR, doesn't it make sense to treat him like one? Just sayin.
No, because he's a tight end. Is Westbrook a receiver because he lines up in the slot sometimes? No. Dumb.

Quote:
Patrick Crayton also had only 3 targets. Would he have been more productive with more? Probably, but considering that he finished with a solid 8 YPA, that he performed when called upon, and that Dallas was having resounding success elsewhere,I'm going to say that he did his job well.
So you're telling me that Patrick Crayton wasn't getting open then. Gotcha.

[quote It's not like the dude was dropping passes on the would-be game winning drive like, say, a certain green-clad player with wings on his helmet.[/quote]

Except the drop was due to a poor throw, not a poor catch attempt.

Quote:
This is only slightly more relevant than if I were to bring up the fact that Curtis and Brown had zero catches combined.
Bringing up Curtis and Brown for what they did on the field is dumb, ********, and irrelevant, considering they didn't play.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you really think the Romo thread backfired on me, that tells me all I need to know. Talking to you is pointless, you never respond with any sense, and when you can't think of any substantial argument to make, first you resort to personal attack and then to the petty act of dinging my rep, like that will help you. Real big.

This is football. Players get hurt. Witten was knocked out with a slightly separated shoulder. He came back and played. Sorry if Andrews isn't that tough. Dallas was missing its 3rd WR, and his replacement was coming off a knee injury. Didn't stop him from making two key catches on the game winning drive (including a 3rd down conversion). We were missing our starting guard, too, you know? Oh, but Andrews is waaaay better than Kosier? How bout I use your reasoning: Is it my fault your RG is one of the best in the game?

See how stupid it sounds?
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:01 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

can you guys just stop? This is so mind numbing. DMW you're best in a decade comment was ridiculous unless you're talking about next season and are assuming you guys can replace Roy with Moore and having everyone have career seasons next year. It's not happening this season, they've already been exposed by the eagles, a best in a decade secondary has to be dominant, lest I bring up the bucs and ravens of the early part of this century, they're clear better so since Dallas' secondary isn't better than them this season they're clearly not a once in a decade century this season and what they could do next season doesn't matter.

Snipper you are making excuses, injuries suck and can ruin teams, but they're part of the game, if they weren't the giants would be gods right now because with Osi we'd be beasting, and the patriots would be next to us because with brady they'd be unstoppable. Injuries happen, they aren't worth mentioning.

So please stop gushing your stupidity back and forth at each other it's painful to read.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
can you guys just stop? This is so mind numbing. DMW you're best in a decade comment was ridiculous unless you're talking about next season and are assuming you guys can replace Roy with Moore and having everyone have career seasons next year. It's not happening this season, they've already been exposed by the eagles, a best in a decade secondary has to be dominant, lest I bring up the bucs and ravens of the early part of this century, they're clear better so since Dallas' secondary isn't better than them this season they're clearly not a once in a decade century this season and what they could do next season doesn't matter.
I disagree that it can't happen this year. I could find examples of when those secondaries were gotten the better of.

However, I do agree that the kind of performance they showed on MNF isn't going to get them anywhere near it, and that they have a long way to go to get there. I stand by my statement that the pieces are in place.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 09-17-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you really think the Romo thread backfired on me, that tells me all I need to know.
Well, it did. Sorry. The guy still makes some of the dumber mistakes you'll see out of a QB this side of Tarvaris Jackson and Vince Young.

Quote:
Talking to you is pointless, you never respond with any sense, and when you can't think of any substantial argument to make, first you resort to personal attack and then to the petty act of dinging my rep, like that will help you. Real big.
A) I made numerous accurate points. So reading comprehension isn't a requirement in CFL.
B) You care that much about rep that you cry about it? mmmk.

Quote:
This is football. Players get hurt. Witten was knocked out with a slightly separated shoulder. He came back and played. Sorry if Andrews isn't that tough.
Right, Andrews isn't tough because he has back problems at a position that maybe puts more stress on your back than any other. Whatever.

Quote:
Dallas was missing its 3rd WR, and his replacement was coming off a knee injury.
Oh no! Not their third receiver!

Blah blah blah blah the Cowboys are awesome. I asked this earlier, you didn't reply. Are you really that ******* arrogant that you think your team is the greatest thing since sliced bread because they beat a team missing as much as the Eagles did? Are you really that ******* arrogant that you think Curtis/Brown/Andrews wouldn't make a difference at all? Seriously?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
I disagree that it can't happen this year. I could find examples of when those secondaries were gotten the better of.

However, I do agree that the kind of performance they showed on MNF isn't going to get them anywhere near it, and that they have a long way to go to get there. I stand by my statement that the pieces are in place.
I should be getting some paper later, maybe after I eat some of it that'll actually make sense, until then I can only wish you good luck with that.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna break this thread down:

1: Cowboys are the best at everything, ever. Srsly, like their secondary will go down as the all time great and this WR corps is just so rich in talent it isn't even funny. All are HOF locks IMO.

2: Iggles lost, their D looked like poop, Sean Considine should never be starting, he's no Sehorn.

3: Raymell Rice and Brian Leonard> everyone.

thank you, that is all
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could pick on some statements made by both parties in this argument, but im not going to.

this thread makes my head hurt.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:25 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

Yeah, I'm done with this ****. I should have realized how pointless it was a long time ago and left it alone. I messed up.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 09-17-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shawn Andrews is better than Kosier will ever be.....Oh no I will probably spark a debate about how the Cowboys O-line is the best the world has ever seen. Sorry guys.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote