Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Surefire Hall-of-Famers

What guys playing in the NFL right now are sure to be in the HOF when they retire?

Favre, Manning, Tomlinson and Brady are prolly the most obvious ones.

I'll put a vote for Derrick Brooks, too.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Favre,Manning,Brady

Martin,LT

Harrison,Gonzalez

Strahan

I could go on and on
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tom Brady
Brett Favre
Peyton Manning
Ladainian Tomlinson
Curtis Martin
Marvin Harrison

Walter Jones
Orlando Pace
Jonathan Ogden

Michael Strahan
Warren Sapp
Derrick Brooks
Ray Lewis

These guys in my mind are surefire and could pretty much retire now and get into the HOF.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warren Sapp, Curtis Martin, Ray Lewis, Michael Strahan, Terrell Owens (assuming its strictly performance based), Jonathan Ogden, Orlando Pace, and Brett Favre.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Ray Lewis, Curtis Martin, Shaun Alexander (stats will get him in), Ed Reed, Brian Dawkins, Orlando Pace, Walter Jones, Jonathan Ogden, Brett Favre, Warren Sapp, Brian Urlacher, Champ Bailey are just some
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton Manning, LT, Marvin Harrison, and Tom Brady

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Urlacher is not a sure fire Hall of Famer right now at all.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Torry Holt has to get some mention. A couple of more seasons at his current pace and I think he's a lock.

Orlando Pace, Warren Sapp, Walter Jones, Peyton Manning, LT, Tom Brady, Champ Bailey and Brett Farve are the only real locks I see at this point. Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt, Ray Lewis, Jonathan Ogden, Derrick Brooks, Michael Strahan, Tony Gonzalez, Curtis Martin and Shaun Alexander are all guys I would consider probable.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Warren Sapp, Curtis Martin, Ray Lewis, Michael Strahan, Terrell Owens (assuming its strictly performance based), Jonathan Ogden, Orlando Pace, and Brett Favre.
Now why would you assume that? If it is performance based then Lee Roy Jordan, Michael Irvin, Drew Pearson, Bob Hayes, and Cliff Harris would all be in as well.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

I don't think Shaun Alexander at the moment is a sure fire Hall of Famer. He needs several more years of high production to be considered.

Curtis Martin is one I forgot but hes a definite hall of famer.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the hell is up with this poll? :roll:

I would say that there are currently 18-25 players than are on track to go to the HoF, with about half of them being sure things.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton Manning
Brett Favre
Marvin Harrison
LT
Derrick Brooks
Warren Sapp
Michael Strahan
Tom Brady
Junior Seau(if he's still active)
Orlando Pace
Johnathan Ogden
Curtis Martin
Champ Bailey

Those are all locks. The rest still need some work to do.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Woody56
Veteran

Woody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairWoody56 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

can't believe i left him off my list, but Marshall Faulk is a lock
Woody56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV
Peyton Manning
Brett Favre
Marvin Harrison
LT
Derrick Brooks
Warren Sapp
Michael Strahan
Tom Brady
Orlando Pace
Johnathan Ogden
Curtis Martin
Champ Bailey

Pretty good list, can't disagree with a lot of it. I'd probably just think of adding Brian Dawkins, Ray Lewis and Walter Jones

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will Shields.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB- Peyton Manning, Tom Brady
RB- Ladainian Tomlinson
WR-Marvin Harrison
OL-Ogden, Pace, Jones, Shields, Allen, Mawae(not sure how many pro bowls he has)

DL- Strahan, Warren Sapp

LB-Derrick Brooks, Ray Lewis

CB-Champ Bailey

I am sure there are more I just dont feel like thinking about them.
sodar21
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody56
can't believe i left him off my list, but Marshall Faulk is a lock
He isn't in the NFL anymore but will be eligible for the HOF soon and will definetly get in. Same with Cris Carter, Rod Woodson, Deion Sanders.
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991
QB- Peyton Manning, Tom Brady
RB- Ladainian Tomlinson
WR-Marvin Harrison
OL-Ogden, Pace, Jones, Shields, Allen, Mawae(not sure how many pro bowls he has)

DL- Strahan, Warren Sapp

LB-Derrick Brooks, Ray Lewis

CB-Champ Bailey

I am sure there are more I just dont feel like thinking about them.
We'll check back on that in 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JOSH BROWN OMGZZZZZZ

[/tubby]

Champ Bailey
Ray Lewis
Peyton
Jay Cutler
Tom Brady
Tomlinson
Orlando Pace
Jon Ogden
Derrick Brooks
Marvin Harrison
Torry Holt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan
Quote:
Peyton Manning
Brett Favre
Marvin Harrison
LT
Derrick Brooks
Warren Sapp
Michael Strahan
Tom Brady
Orlando Pace
Johnathan Ogden
Curtis Martin
Champ Bailey

Pretty good list, can't disagree with a lot of it. I'd probably just think of adding Brian Dawkins, Ray Lewis and Walter Jones
Sorry forgot about Ray Lewis.

Dawkins and Jones could certainly get in, but I don't think they are locks.

BTW, Tiki Barber will get in too, in my opinion.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Urlacher is not a sure fire Hall of Famer right now at all.
He's on track to be one.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan
Quote:
Peyton Manning
Brett Favre
Marvin Harrison
LT
Derrick Brooks
Warren Sapp
Michael Strahan
Tom Brady
Orlando Pace
Johnathan Ogden
Curtis Martin
Champ Bailey

Sorry forgot about Ray Lewis.

Dawkins and Jones could certainly get in, but I don't think they are locks.

BTW, Tiki Barber will get in too, in my opinion.
BTW I think Tiki Barber won't get in.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Josh Brown
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
LDT
Walter Jones

just off the very top of my head

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink

Do yall think Ed Reed is a lock or does he have to do more. IMO if he continues to be the best safety in the NFL he will but as of now im not sure he is a lock. Maybe 1 more year.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reed needs to have more time as the #1 S before he is called a lock.