Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 09-07-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was awful, we got our ass kicked all over the field. Mario is still amazing, but the defensive effort is not near what it was last season.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:08 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
That was awful, we got our ass kicked all over the field. Mario is still amazing, but the defensive effort is not near what it was last season.
It was horrible. I bet Mario was thinking "what do I have to do for this team to score a TD?" He gets 2 sacks and a forced fumble and still only a FG out of it. I feel bad for Duane Brown. He has an excuse but guys like Schaub and pretty much everyone on offense and defense besides AJ and Mario dont have one. I couldnt help but laugh when Brown dove to the right of the ball and completely missed on that fumble.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:15 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Schaub is fine.

Schaub, our WR's, Mario, and DeMeco are fine.

Everything else.. not so much.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I think Schaub is fine.

Schaub, our WR's, Mario, and DeMeco are fine.

Everything else.. not so much.
Schaub is not fine... Untill the line blocks someone he will be in a lot of trouble, no qb in the league could of played well with the way we were blocking. The D looked so bad. Everyone knew that Pitt was going to do nothing but run the ball in the second half and they still could not stop them. This game reminded me of the david carr days.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We had like 6 trips to the redzone and only got 12 points? That is pathetic. The only bright spot of the day is that its looking more and more like we found ourself a really good starting RB in Slaton. Its only been two games but we havent even come close to winning either of them.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone please take away the play calling from Kubs. OMG what a terrible job of calling plays. I mean you have 2nd and 1 on the one yard line and you run two awful pass plays... Let Kyle or even a monkey call the plays.

The Titans gave us every chance to win that game and we just didnt want to win. Its time to make a change. I really was hopeing that Sage would of started the second half. There is no way Schaub can lead this team. Way to many bad decisions.

Slaton looked great and the defense looked better. But the offense was awful.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Slaton looked amazing today. That was about the only positive thing that came out of this game.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today was horrible. A sad performance if I ever saw one. First the Pittsburg game, we've never been good against the 3-4 but it freaking pissed me off that with all the pressure Matt was getting that they left Brown in as long as they did. Salaam isn't the greatest, but he's more ready to handle what's thrown at him at this point. Which leads to today, Brown is still not ready to play. Salaam should be in there right now until Brown is ready, I'm not saying Brown's a bust, but he needs more time. Schaub, man, he's been playing horribly, Pittsburg he missed alot of open receivers, made stupid throws and basically played like a highschooler, then he comes out and follows that up with Idon'tevenwanna remember how many picks, sacks, and a fumbled snap. For the sake of the team I pray they give Sage a shot. I wish I had internet access so I could rant a lot more. I gotta give Slaton his props though, the running game is improving by leaps with him in the game.
datchapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:25 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Historically we are awful against the titans, when Vince went down I was counting on us to pull off a win against the likes of Kerry Collins. This team is so different from last year it's almost unrecognizable. We need Dunta back now, and if we can turn it around we could have a shot at the playoffs considering the rest of our division is struggling except for the Titans.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Historically we are awful against the titans, when Vince went down I was counting on us to pull off a win against the likes of Kerry Collins. This team is so different from last year it's almost unrecognizable. We need Dunta back now, and if we can turn it around we could have a shot at the playoffs considering the rest of our division is struggling except for the Titans.
Kerry Collins is a much better QB than Vince, which isn't saying much. Vince is done as a starter. I really dont think the Titans will keep this up, to weak at QB and WR. Before long the Colts will take back there spot on top of the South.

We need Dunta BAD!!!!!!

Kubs has to make a QB change. I know we have a ton of money invested in Schuab, but he is not going to take us to the playoffs.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
Kerry Collins is a much better QB than Vince, which isn't saying much. Vince is done as a starter. I really dont think the Titans will keep this up, to weak at QB and WR. Before long the Colts will take back there spot on top of the South.

We need Dunta BAD!!!!!!

Kubs has to make a QB change. I know we have a ton of money invested in Schuab, but he is not going to take us to the playoffs.
Kerry Collins is trash. Vince may not put up the best numbers, but he wins games. 10/10 times I would choose Vince over Collins. The Titans are about to go through some tough times I expect. The division looks pretty open this year, we just need to play with some effort.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:56 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Kerry Collins is trash. Vince may not put up the best numbers, but he wins games. 10/10 times I would choose Vince over Collins. The Titans are about to go through some tough times I expect. The division looks pretty open this year, we just need to play with some effort.
Vince does not win games. Jeff Fisher and the Titans defense win games. The D keeps the score low so Vince can get one touchdown and win the game and be the hero. Jeff Fisher has never had any stars, he takes the garbage he is given and makes good teams out of them. Notice that players who have success in tennessee and leave the team never play well on there new team. He is by far the most underrated coach in the NFL. I would take every starting QB in the league over Vince, and probably most second string QBs.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.datchapin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default I gotta agree wit Jjmt

On the VY thing, he's overrated because he's always been on good teams. Texas was a good team, but using VY in a normal fashion in college was getting them nowhere. The team had to re-scheme itself to let VY shine and hide his flaws. Then he goes pro and lands on another good team, hate though I may this is one of the few times I'll admit this. Baronas and that defense won them alot of games. Even that overtime loss we had to them wasn't on Vince, but on that no call where the LT was blatantly holding Mario. Had that been called or had there been no foul it would have gone a different way. Vince is overrated and always had things go his way, winners don't handle themselves the way VY has recently, even his team mates are looking at him in a new light. IF Vince bounces back improves and keeps winning then I'll give him props, but I won't acknowledge him as good till then.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id rather play against a VY led team than a Collins led team.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Default Back 2 last game.

I look at it and can't help but be pissed at Kubiak. We could have won that game, but I just don't get what Kubiak's intention for this team is. He talks about not leaving points on the board, yet in field goal range with plenty of time left he takes a stupid risk. Our conversions at that point were bad, so what did he think would change in the red zone? Same as the first week, so early in the game why take the risk, play your game don't rush.

Another thing is he talks about having confidence in your guys, on this he sends mixed messages. He doesn't throw the challenge flag when Will Demps begs him to do so, but on an interception thrown by his QB Kubiak can't believe it and challenges it. By not kicking the field goals what is he telling the offense, that he doesn't trust them to keep the other team from scoring. The running game was off the ground in the first half, yet in the second half we let go of the run. We were at the second yard line and we waste, yes waste 2 plays on pass plays. Give the ball to Slaton and we're stoped mere inches from the goal line. Give him those other 2 downs and how much you wanna bet he doesn't pound it in. Slaton ran one in from 6 yds. out and then you don't go to him when you're two yards away. You wanna play smash mouth then you stick with what you do and punish the other team with it. We got a good team, but Kubiak needs to give us an identity and let our guys run with it. It's past time to expirement, he needs to do what is best for the team and start winning.

I know our team can be good, better than the Titans. They just need to be pointed in the right direction and I know they can do damage in this league.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
datchapin
Veteran

Quote:
agreed. even more I'd like to see us decimate the Titans.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You do remember that Kerry Collins was the starter when Vince was drafted, and Vince took over for him after 3 games because Collins was doing so terrible right? He damn near took them to the playoffs that year too. People hate on Vince because he's a mobile qb, but give Collins 3 more games as the starter and then tell me you still think he's better. qb's come off the bench all the time and do well, but eventually they show why they aren't starters as defenses start making them make mistakes.

Also having the worst receiving corps in the NFL does not help him either.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:51 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
You do remember that Kerry Collins was the starter when Vince was drafted, and Vince took over for him after 3 games because Collins was doing so terrible right? He damn near took them to the playoffs that year too. People hate on Vince because he's a mobile qb, but give Collins 3 more games as the starter and then tell me you still think he's better. qb's come off the bench all the time and do well, but eventually they show why they aren't starters as defenses start making them make mistakes.

Also having the worst receiving corps in the NFL does not help him either.
This is a "what can you do for me now" league. Right now Collins gives the Titans there best chance to win. And you are right, people hate on mobile QBs, I would take a pocket QB over a mobile QB anyday. Jeff Fisher has already come out and said that once Vince comes back from his injury he is going to be the number 2.

They may not have great WRs but they have 2 good TEs to throw the ball to. McNair never had good WRs so he worked the ball to his TEs, and he lead them to a superbowl.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
I_EAT_BABIEZ

I'd absolutely rather face Young, I think our defensive line could keep his mobility in check. And although Vince has better arm strength than Collins, Collins makes smarter passes and is more accurate.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

After the Millan firing, i started thinking, has Rick Smith done any good for the Texans??? Clearly he hasnt destroyed a team like Millan did but what has he done that has helped, it seems like most of his moves back fire. He gave Ahman Green a huge contract and green has only played in like 2 regular season games. The Schaub trade, jury is still out but its not looking to good. Colvin, never made it through training camp. Chris Myers is getting beat badly on the line. Neither one of his drafts were that great. His one signing that i like was Demps. I cant think of another good move he has made.

When Rick Smith took over, our biggest problems were protecting the QB, putting presure on the QB, and covering wide recievers. And those are still our biggest problems. I know he hasnt done as bad a Millan did, but he hasnt done much better.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500
I really dont think the Titans will keep this up, to weak at QB and WR. Before long the Colts will take back there spot on top of the South.
Seasons aren't decided by QB and WR play. If it were, then the Titans wouldn't have gone to the Playoffs last year with VY at QB and Justin Gage and Roydell Williams at WR.

I'm not one to doubt Peyton Manning, and the Texans and Jags still have upside, but there is no reason to think the Titans will start slumping.

Quote:
They may not have great WRs but they have 2 good TEs to throw the ball to. McNair never had good WRs so he worked the ball to his TEs, and he lead them to a superbowl.
Frank Wychek, Derrick Mason, Kevin Dyson, Eddie George >>>>>>>>> Bo Scaife, Justin Gage, Roydell Williams, LenDale White.

McNair is better than VY, but it's dead wrong to say that he had just as poor of supporting cast.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.

ill admit as dreadful as the titans are to watch they are always going to be competitive which is all that matters. The texans just piss me off now. They have talent, they have enjoyed some success to at least to establish what they need to do to be competitive, and they dont have david carr to be the scapegoat anymore. they seriously need to realize that their fans are gonna lose patience if they dont finally put a good product on the field. Kubiak needs to quit being proud if shaub cant do it at least give sage a chance to show what he can do. oh and with the exception of eddie george mcnair made all those players what they were. without him those guys would have been hard pressed to make it in the nfl
Old 09-27-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Seasons aren't decided by QB and WR play. If it were, then the Titans wouldn't have gone to the Playoffs last year with VY at QB and Justin Gage and Roydell Williams at WR.

I'm not one to doubt Peyton Manning, and the Texans and Jags still have upside, but there is no reason to think the Titans will start slumping.

Frank Wychek, Derrick Mason, Kevin Dyson, Eddie George >>>>>>>>> Bo Scaife, Justin Gage, Roydell Williams, LenDale White.

McNair is better than VY, but it's dead wrong to say that he had just as poor of supporting cast.
The only reason the Titans made the playoffs last year is because the Colts didnt play any of there starters in that last game. So i don't want to hear that. Clayton is right Mcnair made everyone around him better b/c he is a strong leader, and probably the toughest qb of all time, if he could move his arm he was going to play. Vince is a cry baby ***** that no one on that team respects.

On your supporting cast you left off Crumpler and chris johnson. Two pretty good weapons.
Old 09-28-2008, 03:48 AM    (permalink
Clayton89
Rookie

Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.Clayton89 is a cocksman.

haha that is true i forgot about that freebie the colts gave the titans. i loved vince in college but there is alot of things that he did that just dont translate to the pro game unfortunately. i hope he gets another chance but even hearing things like the stuff that has come out whether they are true or not is kinda pathetic.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys. Matt Schaub is back (or here?).

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote