Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 09-22-2008, 02:10 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Broncos 3-0!

Haven't been on this forum in forever... Good to see that it's still alive.

The Broncos season thus far has been nuts. I have no idea how to put my finger on it. Our offense has been so spectacular I always expect a Cutler TD; on the other hand, our defense looks even worse than last year. We've had a game where we completely dominated the Raiders... then we've had two games where we could've (maybe should have) lost.

Anyways, the way I look at it, we still have 13 games to improve and transform as a team... but right now, we're at a pretty 3-0. Although, if our defense plays like it has been i'm going to go out of my mind. No way should we be playing nail biters at home when ahead 21-3, or scoring 30+ points.

Also, is anyone worried about our running game? I know we've been putting up massive numbers up on the board aerially, but I feel like our running game has been pretty dormant. I'm afraid that by trying to emulate NE, we'll become a one dimensional offense like they were... while it can lead to fast points, it can also lead to fast 3 and outs or a smaller time in ball possession. While I don't want to make any excuse for our defense, do you think running the ball more and killing more clock would let our defense rest more and be more effective? Just a thought...

I'm pretty disappointed in our defensive line though. I expected them to grow a bit more this season... but it's now showing obviously. We seem to apply zero pressure on passing situations. Also, while we did "stop them when it counted" let's not forget that both NO and SD didn't have their go-to-guys either during then... Marques Colston and LT respectively. We seem to be playing "bend don't break" philosophy of '06, but i'd much prefer the "blitz like crazy" defense of '05, which btw, helped us reach the AFCC.

Sorry I wasn't really organized in all that. Just some food for thought.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:33 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Running game only looks bad because of how good we're passing.

If you like stats

Broncos are right now 10th in the league with rushing per game, at 391 yards total, with a 4.8 avg. and 5 TD

And splitting carried between 3 RB's doesn't make it look very good either.
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our running game is fine if you ask me.
Also, IMO the DL is good enough, its just that our coverages are horrible or we go into a 3 man rush all too often. STOP PLAYING FREAKIN PREVENT DEFENSE.
Our blitzes have been horrible too.
If you haven't noticed, the middle of the field is freakin wide open against us. We can't cover it to save our lives.
Defense HAS to improve if this is a serious playoff team. The offense is a Super Bowl winning offense, but the defense is a top 5 draft pick defense. At least the rush defense has improved.
Also, Brett Kern? You're annoying me :\
Prater is looking good though :)
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Also, IMO the DL is good enough, its just that our coverages are horrible or we go into a 3 man rush all too often. STOP PLAYING FREAKIN PREVENT DEFENSE.
I don't think the DL is good enough. Apart from DJ, the linebackers aren't good enough either. Nor are the safeties or backup DBs. We have a severe lack of playmakers on defense.

The 4-man front isn't getting enough pressure on obvious passing downs, so we're rushing 3 instead and dropping an extra guy into coverage. I don't like it either, but it's hard to make chicken salad out of chicken ****.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

rascal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
I don't think the DL is good enough. Apart from DJ, the linebackers aren't good enough either. Nor are the safeties or backup DBs. We have a severe lack of playmakers on defense.

The 4-man front isn't getting enough pressure on obvious passing downs, so we're rushing 3 instead and dropping an extra guy into coverage. I don't like it either, but it's hard to make chicken salad out of chicken ****.
I agree the D-line and LB's need work.

But it won't matter who we have a safety or backup CB if we give opposing QB's 10 seconds to throw the ball every time.

IMO we should rush five every time and force them to beat the best part of our defense...our CB's.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote