Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:47 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
The defense last year had the luxury of sitting on the sidelines a lot and being rested. I think they started to regress about 2/3rds into last season and they somehow held on to get to the superbowl. A lot of those backers and secondary guys either got old(er) in the offseason or left.
Exactly. The pats ran the passing game like a running game, and that kept them on the field a ton because, wes welker recieved like a running back ran.

i mean, way to point out the obvious, but the 'actual' time of possession of the pats is absolutely ridiculous, and only kept the defense rested...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Last edited by awfullyquiet : 09-21-2008 at 08:50 PM.
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Cassel did'nt play well, but it definitly is not all his fault.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Bills are first in the division right now... interesting

Not that the Pats are a BAD team right now, but I can't see them getting past the divisional round of the playoffs. They might be able to get a wild card win over the Bills (unfortunately...), but I think that the Bills and Steelers are the only AFC playoff teams that the Pats could beat in the playoffs this year. Assuming they make it at all... They will IMO. The defense isn't as bad as it played this week, but that could be completely wrong and we will find out in two weeks when they play the 49ers coming off their bye week. I can honestly see the 9ers shredding the Pats D if the Pats can't get a pass rush going early and often.

I'm glad to see this happen as a Bills fan, but it feels weird. The Pats haven't been bad in so long I still haven't adjusted to this. I jsut hope that the Bills stay healthy and can take advantage of this year where they could take the AFC East if they stay consistent. But after almost losing to the Raiders... this division could be a huge playoff race if the Dolphins keep it up...
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said in a previous post, anybody who thought NE was going to be a winning team with Cassel at QB was fooling themselves. There is no way that NE can make the playoffs after losing Brady.
For those idiots who hate the Pats so much that they are ridiculing the team while they are without Brady, just remember, NE will now get another high draft pick to help Brady return this team to the top next year.
As long as Brady returns healthy this team will be even stronger next year which for a non Pat's fan like me, is a terrible thought.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God now if Moss starts throwing a fit i seriously wont be able to watch any more. But i agree with whoever said if i had to pick one game theyd lose itd be the dolphins because well look at the history. 2004 we won the super bowl and one of our two loses came to the freakin Dolphins, same with the year before. We have a history of losing to a vastly unsuperior Dolphins team. Having said that.... wow the pats looked awful today. But you better believe BB will rip his team a new hole for this to get them ready for next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:54 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
God now if Moss starts throwing a fit i seriously wont be able to watch any more. But i agree with whoever said if i had to pick one game theyd lose itd be the dolphins because well look at the history. 2004 we won the super bowl and one of our two loses came to the freakin Dolphins, same with the year before. We have a history of losing to a vastly unsuperior Dolphins team. Having said that.... wow the pats looked awful today. But you better believe BB will rip his team a new hole for this to get them ready for next week.
But the Dolphins didnt look half as horrible as the last two season

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:08 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow patriots fans are so bad/annoying. their team didnt lose one game all last reg season and they wont even sit through one loss. half the stadium was clear by the fourth quarter
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:11 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dolphins have improved, but the Pats just aren't the same without tom Brady, I know whats its like, you're in for a long year Pats fans.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:18 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been trying to tell people for a long time that that defense is not close to the strength it once was. While I am going to enjoy watching this team bomb, (to echo an earlier poster's sentiments) I am rooting for them to win at least 7 games. The last thing we need is for them to get a top 10 pick and draft an elite prospect to turn things around for that defense.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:10 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked how with about 12 minutes to go in the 4th quarter half the stadium was on the way out of the stadium. It was a great site.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:52 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One game guys. One game.

I still think they can go 8-8 with a possibility of doing better. Its a long season.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
One game guys. One game.

I still think they can go 8-8 with a possibility of doing better. Its a long season.
Is the season not 17 one week seasons? That what they preach. They got a bye, moving on yes. yet it was awesome to see them get bent over worse than any other team this year other than Rams and Chiefs.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:34 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Is the season not 17 one week seasons? That what they preach. They got a bye, moving on yes. yet it was awesome to see them get bent over worse than any other team this year other than Rams and Chiefs.
i enjoy it as well, but i just don't believe that the game we just saw was reflective of what this team is really all about. they'll bounce back. every team takes a beating once or twice.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:49 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
...Buffalo dominance!
Buffalo barely beat Oakland. Yes they had a nice win over Jacksonville, but their other win was Seattle. Right now the AFC East is a mess haha
Old 09-22-2008, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
Buffalo barely beat Oakland. Yes they had a nice win over Jacksonville, but their other win was Seattle. Right now the AFC East is a mess haha
The Whole NFL is atm

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
wow patriots fans are so bad/annoying. their team didnt lose one game all last reg season and they wont even sit through one loss. half the stadium was clear by the fourth quarter
bah - NE fans got spoiled, and most fans were leaving early to "beat the traffic" during blow-outs last year. Part of the reason I don't go to games much anymore is because I got tired of fighting the urge to punch my fellow Pats fans when they would demand I sit down.

This team will bounce back. Too many veteran players that know how to move onto the next game & have too much pride to allow this type of lop-sided game to happen again. But OMG that was a pathetic display yesterday. How do you get ripped by the same exact college option play for 4 TDs???? wow.

The coaching staff will find a way to push this team and improve their play for the two game swing in Cali.

At some point there has to be some attempts (at the very least) at a vertical passing game, or this will quickly devolve into a long and troubling season for the Pats. A high draft pick would be nice, though, if we're forced as Pats fans to accept a lousy season. Maybe SD will continue to suck so their 2nd rounder will be in the mid 30s next year, too. ;)

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
The Whole NFL is atm
Mmmmhmmm... The NFC East and its undefeated record outside of the division beg to differ... 10-2 overall, only losses were for WAS and PHI to NY and DAL respectively.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote