Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohleive
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable

Sorry easy, but I gotta agree with Bohlieve here, please give some names of these guys who dominated Ogden. Ive been a Ravens fan since they came here in 96 and I dont remember these players. And name guys who Pace and Roaf played who were better.
You must have a short memory, because I remember guys like Dwight Freeney, Julius Peppers, Robert Mathis, Shawne Merriman, and Derrick Burgess getting the best of Ogden over the past couple years. Sacks allowed is not the only stat to pay attention to when evaluating tackles - hurries are arguably more important, so you really have to use your own eyes and personal judgment.

At one time Ogden was a great tackle, but I don't see him as the best O-lineman of our generation, which was the original point of this argument. It's certainly not an open-and-shut case, but it's my opinion based off watching him play against the best DEs over the last few years. I'm sure his leg injuries have affected his balance, but the majority of OTs have fought through serious injuries as well, so I don't view this as a viable excuse.
I never said Roaf wasn't very good, just overhyped.
And as for your 'list'. None of those guys other than Freeny, for one game out of three, dominated Ogden. Peppers never even lined up against him, he's a LE. Burgess had 0 sacks against him this year and Mathis never lined up against him either. As for Merriman, he had 1 sack lined up against Pashos this season.
Just keep digging that hole. Strange how no one other than Missouri residents agree with you. Your argument is absurd.
How was Roaf over hyped dude went to 11 pro bowls and was the best LT in the game when he played IMO for sure top 3. The guy would take two some times even 3 guys out on a signal play time after time.
How many times was he an All Pro? Just wondering. Not saying Roaf isn't a hall of famer, but pro bowls for OTs are useless. I'm sure Roaf didn't deserve at least 3 or 4 of those pro bowls.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote