Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 23,302
Reputation: 487699
Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohleive
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable

Sorry easy, but I gotta agree with Bohlieve here, please give some names of these guys who dominated Ogden. Ive been a Ravens fan since they came here in 96 and I dont remember these players. And name guys who Pace and Roaf played who were better.
You must have a short memory, because I remember guys like Dwight Freeney, Julius Peppers, Robert Mathis, Shawne Merriman, and Derrick Burgess getting the best of Ogden over the past couple years. Sacks allowed is not the only stat to pay attention to when evaluating tackles - hurries are arguably more important, so you really have to use your own eyes and personal judgment.

At one time Ogden was a great tackle, but I don't see him as the best O-lineman of our generation, which was the original point of this argument. It's certainly not an open-and-shut case, but it's my opinion based off watching him play against the best DEs over the last few years. I'm sure his leg injuries have affected his balance, but the majority of OTs have fought through serious injuries as well, so I don't view this as a viable excuse.
I never said Roaf wasn't very good, just overhyped.
And as for your 'list'. None of those guys other than Freeny, for one game out of three, dominated Ogden. Peppers never even lined up against him, he's a LE. Burgess had 0 sacks against him this year and Mathis never lined up against him either. As for Merriman, he had 1 sack lined up against Pashos this season.
Just keep digging that hole. Strange how no one other than Missouri residents agree with you. Your argument is absurd.
How was Roaf over hyped dude went to 11 pro bowls and was the best LT in the game when he played IMO for sure top 3. The guy would take two some times even 3 guys out on a signal play time after time.
How many times was he an All Pro? Just wondering. Not saying Roaf isn't a hall of famer, but pro bowls for OTs are useless. I'm sure Roaf didn't deserve at least 3 or 4 of those pro bowls.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: There's no place I can be since I found Serenity.
Posts: 20,770
Reputation: 2041711
Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohleive
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable

Sorry easy, but I gotta agree with Bohlieve here, please give some names of these guys who dominated Ogden. Ive been a Ravens fan since they came here in 96 and I dont remember these players. And name guys who Pace and Roaf played who were better.
You must have a short memory, because I remember guys like Dwight Freeney, Julius Peppers, Robert Mathis, Shawne Merriman, and Derrick Burgess getting the best of Ogden over the past couple years. Sacks allowed is not the only stat to pay attention to when evaluating tackles - hurries are arguably more important, so you really have to use your own eyes and personal judgment.

At one time Ogden was a great tackle, but I don't see him as the best O-lineman of our generation, which was the original point of this argument. It's certainly not an open-and-shut case, but it's my opinion based off watching him play against the best DEs over the last few years. I'm sure his leg injuries have affected his balance, but the majority of OTs have fought through serious injuries as well, so I don't view this as a viable excuse.
I never said Roaf wasn't very good, just overhyped.
And as for your 'list'. None of those guys other than Freeny, for one game out of three, dominated Ogden. Peppers never even lined up against him, he's a LE. Burgess had 0 sacks against him this year and Mathis never lined up against him either. As for Merriman, he had 1 sack lined up against Pashos this season.
Just keep digging that hole. Strange how no one other than Missouri residents agree with you. Your argument is absurd.
How was Roaf over hyped dude went to 11 pro bowls and was the best LT in the game when he played IMO for sure top 3. The guy would take two some times even 3 guys out on a signal play time after time.
How many times was he an All Pro? Just wondering. Not saying Roaf isn't a hall of famer, but pro bowls for OTs are useless. I'm sure Roaf didn't deserve at least 3 or 4 of those pro bowls.
Roaf was on the all 90's team and that was before he came to KC and he got even better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_1990s_All-Decade_Team
__________________
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: 509
Reputation: 93
Bohleive hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohleive
I never said Roaf wasn't very good, just overhyped.
And as for your 'list'. None of those guys other than Freeny, for one game out of three, dominated Ogden. Peppers never even lined up against him, he's a LE. Burgess had 0 sacks against him this year and Mathis never lined up against him either. As for Merriman, he had 1 sack lined up against Pashos this season.
Just keep digging that hole. Strange how no one other than Missouri residents agree with you. Your argument is absurd.
I'm sorry, but you're an idiot - do you even watch Baltimore games? The DEs I named did indeed line up against Ogden during the game; I know this may shock the hell out of you, but DEs sometimes change which side they line up on during a game....crazy, eh?

Finally, i'm not even arguing for Roaf - I think Pace is the best Olineman of our generation. I have no idea why you keep trying to change the argument over to Roaf; i'm guessing you have a serious case of ADD.
I was responding to someone else on Roaf. And of course I realize that they change who they lineup against, I even made that point with Merriman, who got no sacks when lined up against Ogden. And as for Peppers, no, he never lined up against him. Period. He doesn't get moved around; that's the way they play him.
And do you ever watch Ravens games? I haven't missed one since '98. Are you some kind of avid Ravens fan? My points stand.
I think you're the one with ADD. You keep changing your argument. What ever happened to a number of Pro Bowls not being a stat?
You're just spouting off bull****. Give some evidence to back up your opinion.
__________________
Bohleive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cashville
Posts: 5,793
Reputation: 893
eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohleive
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable

Sorry easy, but I gotta agree with Bohlieve here, please give some names of these guys who dominated Ogden. Ive been a Ravens fan since they came here in 96 and I dont remember these players. And name guys who Pace and Roaf played who were better.
You must have a short memory, because I remember guys like Dwight Freeney, Julius Peppers, Robert Mathis, Shawne Merriman, and Derrick Burgess getting the best of Ogden over the past couple years. Sacks allowed is not the only stat to pay attention to when evaluating tackles - hurries are arguably more important, so you really have to use your own eyes and personal judgment.

At one time Ogden was a great tackle, but I don't see him as the best O-lineman of our generation, which was the original point of this argument. It's certainly not an open-and-shut case, but it's my opinion based off watching him play against the best DEs over the last few years. I'm sure his leg injuries have affected his balance, but the majority of OTs have fought through serious injuries as well, so I don't view this as a viable excuse.
I never said Roaf wasn't very good, just overhyped.
And as for your 'list'. None of those guys other than Freeny, for one game out of three, dominated Ogden. Peppers never even lined up against him, he's a LE. Burgess had 0 sacks against him this year and Mathis never lined up against him either. As for Merriman, he had 1 sack lined up against Pashos this season.
Just keep digging that hole. Strange how no one other than Missouri residents agree with you. Your argument is absurd.
How was Roaf over hyped dude went to 11 pro bowls and was the best LT in the game when he played IMO for sure top 3. The guy would take two some times even 3 guys out on a signal play time after time.
How many times was he an All Pro? Just wondering. Not saying Roaf isn't a hall of famer, but pro bowls for OTs are useless. I'm sure Roaf didn't deserve at least 3 or 4 of those pro bowls.
Yeah, we all know about that southeast media bias, especially for the dynasty known as the early 90's New Orleans Saints - that franchise was just a Pro Bowl factory.



:roll:
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: 509
Reputation: 93
Bohleive hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohleive
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable

Sorry easy, but I gotta agree with Bohlieve here, please give some names of these guys who dominated Ogden. Ive been a Ravens fan since they came here in 96 and I dont remember these players. And name guys who Pace and Roaf played who were better.
You must have a short memory, because I remember guys like Dwight Freeney, Julius Peppers, Robert Mathis, Shawne Merriman, and Derrick Burgess getting the best of Ogden over the past couple years. Sacks allowed is not the only stat to pay attention to when evaluating tackles - hurries are arguably more important, so you really have to use your own eyes and personal judgment.

At one time Ogden was a great tackle, but I don't see him as the best O-lineman of our generation, which was the original point of this argument. It's certainly not an open-and-shut case, but it's my opinion based off watching him play against the best DEs over the last few years. I'm sure his leg injuries have affected his balance, but the majority of OTs have fought through serious injuries as well, so I don't view this as a viable excuse.
I never said Roaf wasn't very good, just overhyped.
And as for your 'list'. None of those guys other than Freeny, for one game out of three, dominated Ogden. Peppers never even lined up against him, he's a LE. Burgess had 0 sacks against him this year and Mathis never lined up against him either. As for Merriman, he had 1 sack lined up against Pashos this season.
Just keep digging that hole. Strange how no one other than Missouri residents agree with you. Your argument is absurd.
How was Roaf over hyped dude went to 11 pro bowls and was the best LT in the game when he played IMO for sure top 3. The guy would take two some times even 3 guys out on a signal play time after time.
How many times was he an All Pro? Just wondering. Not saying Roaf isn't a hall of famer, but pro bowls for OTs are useless. I'm sure Roaf didn't deserve at least 3 or 4 of those pro bowls.
Roaf was on the all 90's team and that was before he came to KC and he got even better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_1990s_All-Decade_Team
You've changed my mind on Roaf, he now makes my HOF list. I still don't think he was better than Ogden though.
__________________
Bohleive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 23,302
Reputation: 487699
Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Yeah, we all know about that southeast media bias, especially for the dynasty known as the early 90's New Orleans Saints - that franchise was just a Pro Bowl factory.



:roll:
No media bias. Once you make two or three deserving Pro Bowls on the offensive line, most likely you make it 8 in a row. Thats just the way it is. Look at Larry Allen this year. Roaf might of deserved to make all 11, but I seriously doubt that.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cashville
Posts: 5,793
Reputation: 893
eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohleive
I was responding to someone else on Roaf.
Then respond to them directly.

Quote:
And of course I realize that they change who they lineup against, I even made that point with Merriman, who got no sacks when lined up against Ogden.
So if you realize DEs change where they line up, why did you argue it for so long? That makes no sense. Anyways, glad we now agree on the DEs that have given Ogden trouble over the past couple years. Moving on...

Quote:
And do you ever watch Ravens games? I haven't missed one since '98. Are you some kind of avid Ravens fan? My points stand.
I am a fan of the NFL, and I true to watch many Baltimore games because of their defense - Sunday Ticket is a wonderful product, you should look into it. And what points did you make again? All you have said during this tirade is to name DEs that have been successful against Ogden; I have done this, you agree with them, so I fail to see what "points" are left standing.

Quote:
I think you're the one with ADD. You keep changing your argument. What ever happened to a number of Pro Bowls not being a stat?
You're just spouting off bull****. Give some evidence to back up your opinion.
While the accumulation of Pro Bowl awards could loosely be considered a stat, a Pro Bowl award itself is not a quantitative stat that can be measured; rather, it is a subjective award voted on by moronic fans. It's too bad that more stats aren't collected for Olinemen, but we have to work with what is at our disposal - sacks allowed and our own eyes. And my own eyes tell me Ogden was not the best Olineman of our generation.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cashville
Posts: 5,793
Reputation: 893
eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Yeah, we all know about that southeast media bias, especially for the dynasty known as the early 90's New Orleans Saints - that franchise was just a Pro Bowl factory.



:roll:
No media bias. Once you make two or three deserving Pro Bowls on the offensive line, most likely you make it 8 in a row. Thats just the way it is. Look at Larry Allen this year. Roaf might of deserved to make all 11, but I seriously doubt that.
Of course, but you could say that for everyone, so i'm not sure what your point is.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 23,302
Reputation: 487699
Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Yeah, we all know about that southeast media bias, especially for the dynasty known as the early 90's New Orleans Saints - that franchise was just a Pro Bowl factory.



:roll:
No media bias. Once you make two or three deserving Pro Bowls on the offensive line, most likely you make it 8 in a row. Thats just the way it is. Look at Larry Allen this year. Roaf might of deserved to make all 11, but I seriously doubt that.
Of course, but you could say that for everyone, so i'm not sure what your point is.
My point is I wouldn't throw around the number 11 pro bowls as a good justification of why he should make the HOF. Which is why I orginially asked how many times he was voted All Pro before I had the sarcastic southeast media bias comment with the rolling eyes thrown in my face.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: There's no place I can be since I found Serenity.
Posts: 20,770
Reputation: 2041711
Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Yeah, we all know about that southeast media bias, especially for the dynasty known as the early 90's New Orleans Saints - that franchise was just a Pro Bowl factory.



:roll:
No media bias. Once you make two or three deserving Pro Bowls on the offensive line, most likely you make it 8 in a row. Thats just the way it is. Look at Larry Allen this year. Roaf might of deserved to make all 11, but I seriously doubt that.
You could say the same thing about Michael Strahan.
__________________
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 23,302
Reputation: 487699
Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Yeah, we all know about that southeast media bias, especially for the dynasty known as the early 90's New Orleans Saints - that franchise was just a Pro Bowl factory.



:roll:
No media bias. Once you make two or three deserving Pro Bowls on the offensive line, most likely you make it 8 in a row. Thats just the way it is. Look at Larry Allen this year. Roaf might of deserved to make all 11, but I seriously doubt that.
You could say the same thing about Michael Strahan.
Actually no. DEs for example are generally voted to the Pro Bowl primarily on their sack counts. Strahan hasn't really made Pro Bowls he doesn't deserve. Which is why he hasn't had 8 or 9 in a row. However that sometimes leads to one dimensional pass rushing only DEs making the Pro Bowl.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: 509
Reputation: 93
Bohleive hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohleive
I was responding to someone else on Roaf.
Then respond to them directly.

Quote:
And of course I realize that they change who they lineup against, I even made that point with Merriman, who got no sacks when lined up against Ogden.
So if you realize DEs change where they line up, why did you argue it for so long? That makes no sense. Anyways, glad we now agree on the DEs that have given Ogden trouble over the past couple years. Moving on...

Quote:
And do you ever watch Ravens games? I haven't missed one since '98. Are you some kind of avid Ravens fan? My points stand.
I am a fan of the NFL, and I true to watch many Baltimore games because of their defense - Sunday Ticket is a wonderful product, you should look into it. And what points did you make again? All you have said during this tirade is to name DEs that have been successful against Ogden; I have done this, you agree with them, so I fail to see what "points" are left standing.

Quote:
I think you're the one with ADD. You keep changing your argument. What ever happened to a number of Pro Bowls not being a stat?
You're just spouting off bull****. Give some evidence to back up your opinion.
While the accumulation of Pro Bowl awards could loosely be considered a stat, a Pro Bowl award itself is not a quantitative stat that can be measured; rather, it is a subjective award voted on by moronic fans. It's too bad that more stats aren't collected for Olinemen, but we have to work with what is at our disposal - sacks allowed and our own eyes. And my own eyes tell me Ogden was not the best Olineman of our generation.
First off, what? I never argued that DL didn't shift where they lined up. I merely said certain guys didn't line up vs JO. That remains true of Peppers. As for Mathis, I misspoke; he rarely lined up against JO and did nothing against him when he did. And I never agreed with you on JO getting dominated by anyone on your list other than Freeny, for one game out of three, in the dome, with bum knee. In fact I never conceded that they even 'gave him trouble'.
Secondly, you gave names, that's it. I responded with facts. None of those names got a sack against Ogden this season. Go ahead, respond with facts. Your opinion only has so much weight.
Finally, Pro Bowls can be measured; 3 Pro Bowls, see theres a measurement. It's quantitative. Of course the award itself is not intrinsicly a statistic, a tackle by itself without numbers, the simple act, is not a quantitative statistic either. What's your point? And of course fans weigh in on pro bowls, but you neglect to mention that coaches and players have an equal say. Besides, who would you rather be the third party? Tennis fans. At least the fans follow the game. The system is flawed, but it works.
__________________
Bohleive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 23,302
Reputation: 487699
Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Ogden most certainly made Pro Bowls he didn't deserve, but right now he is the best OT of this era. Pace had a chance to pass him but I don't its gonna happen anymore. The fact that he won a Super Bowl and was on a unit that blocked for a 2,000 yard rusher are two huge things he has over most OTs.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cashville
Posts: 5,793
Reputation: 893
eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohleive
First off, what? I never argued that DL didn't shift where they lined up. I merely said certain guys didn't line up vs JO. That remains true of Peppers. As for Mathis, I misspoke; he rarely lined up against JO and did nothing against him when he did. And I never agreed with you on JO getting dominated by anyone on your list other than Freeny, for one game out of three, in the dome, with bum knee. In fact I never conceded that they even 'gave him trouble'.
I mentioned about 5 players that gave Ogden trouble, and the only one you refuted was Peppers. Therefore, it was implied that you agreed with me on the other players. I know for an absolute fact that Mathis did indeed get a sack off of Ogden, so i'm having a hard time taking anything you say seriously at this point.

Quote:
Secondly, you gave names, that's it. I responded with facts. None of those names got a sack against Ogden this season. Go ahead, respond with facts. Your opinion only has so much weight.
LOL, what "facts" did you respond with outside of Pro Bowls? You have mentioned ad nauseum about Ogden's vaunted Pro Bowl nominations, but that simply indicates how well he was regarded by the fans - it has no bearing on his actual play.

It appears that the crutch of your argument is the number of Ogden's Pro Bowl nominations, which is fairly weak on your part. Why even enter this discussion if the only tool you can use to judge a player's worth is how many times he has been to Hawaii? You could easily look up this information on wikipedia and save yourself a lot of time.

Quote:
Finally, Pro Bowls can be measured; 3 Pro Bowls, see theres a measurement. It's quantitative. Of course the award itself is not intrinsicly a statistic, a tackle by itself without numbers, the simple act, is not a quantitative statistic either. What's your point?
You really can't comprehend by now what my point? Jesus man, you are slow. My whole point, which we have gone back and forth on numerous times, is that a Pro Bowl nomination is qualitative and subjective, not quantitative. It's a popularity contest. Period. End of story. I wish you could realize this, but it's obvious by now that you're slower than the average bear.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cashville
Posts: 5,793
Reputation: 893
eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Ogden most certainly made Pro Bowls he didn't deserve, but right now he is the best OT of this era. Pace had a chance to pass him but I don't its gonna happen anymore. The fact that he won a Super Bowl and was on a unit that blocked for a 2,000 yard rusher are two huge things he has over most OTs.
:?:

Pace has a SB ring and was the best blocker for one of the greatest offensive units of this era - The Greatest Show On Turf.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 23,302
Reputation: 487699
Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Ogden most certainly made Pro Bowls he didn't deserve, but right now he is the best OT of this era. Pace had a chance to pass him but I don't its gonna happen anymore. The fact that he won a Super Bowl and was on a unit that blocked for a 2,000 yard rusher are two huge things he has over most OTs.
:?:

Pace has a SB ring and was the best blocker for one of the greatest offensive units of this era - The Greatest Show On Turf.
I know Pace has a ring as well. But the 2,000 yard rusher is much more impressive than blocking for the greatest show on turf. Especially since it was a different year than Ogden's Super Bowl year. Pace seems to tiring out and getting banged up a bit earlier in his career than Ogden. I thought Pace would be considered the best of this era but I don't think that is the case anymore.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: 509
Reputation: 93
Bohleive hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazyb81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohleive
First off, what? I never argued that DL didn't shift where they lined up. I merely said certain guys didn't line up vs JO. That remains true of Peppers. As for Mathis, I misspoke; he rarely lined up against JO and did nothing against him when he did. And I never agreed with you on JO getting dominated by anyone on your list other than Freeny, for one game out of three, in the dome, with bum knee. In fact I never conceded that they even 'gave him trouble'.
I mentioned about 5 players that gave Ogden trouble, and the only one you refuted was Peppers. Therefore, it was implied that you agreed with me on the other players. I know for an absolute fact that Mathis did indeed get a sack off of Ogden, so i'm having a hard time taking anything you say seriously at this point.

Quote:
Secondly, you gave names, that's it. I responded with facts. None of those names got a sack against Ogden this season. Go ahead, respond with facts. Your opinion only has so much weight.
LOL, what "facts" did you respond with outside of Pro Bowls? You have mentioned ad nauseum about Ogden's vaunted Pro Bowl nominations, but that simply indicates how well he was regarded by the fans - it has no bearing on his actual play.

It appears that the crutch of your argument is the number of Ogden's Pro Bowl nominations, which is fairly weak on your part. Why even enter this discussion if the only tool you can use to judge a player's worth is how many times he has been to Hawaii? You could easily look up this information on wikipedia and save yourself a lot of time.

Quote:
Finally, Pro Bowls can be measured; 3 Pro Bowls, see theres a measurement. It's quantitative. Of course the award itself is not intrinsicly a statistic, a tackle by itself without numbers, the simple act, is not a quantitative statistic either. What's your point?
You really can't comprehend by now what my point? Jesus man, you are slow. My whole point, which we have gone back and forth on numerous times, is that a Pro Bowl nomination is qualitative and subjective, not quantitative. It's a popularity contest. Period. End of story. I wish you could realize this, but it's obvious by now that you're slower than the average bear.
First, Mathis DID NOT get a sack against Ogden. He got one off of Pashos in the playoff game if that is what you are refferring to. Second, I did gave facts; # of sacks vs. Third, I never even mentioned the number of pro bowls that JO has been to. Fourth, I said that a number of pro bowls was a statistic, nothing else. If you were making the point that they were subjective, it was nebulous at best. Of course they are subjective. So are HOF selections. That doesn't mean they are irrelevant. I also already said that the system, while subjective, is still useful. By your logic, HOF selections are a popularity contest too, so why shouldn't pro bowls be considered?
__________________
Bohleive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,137
Reputation: -170
eacantdraft smells like sex panther.
Default

Warren Sapp is not a sure thing and neither is Curtis Martin (the Art Monk among RBs).
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 36,299
Reputation: 2341466
bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79
Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas

Definitely JT

Kevin Carter could get in as well for the longevity of his career and what he has accomplished.
God damn you Dolphins fans are the worst. Zach Thomas is not a sure fire HOF. I'm not having this debate again.

And Kevin Carter is just stupid.
I will take Edwin Pope's opinion over yours thank you. Considering he is one of 4 people that have been to every super bowl and has been covering the NFL before you lived most likely. At the same time he has a HoF vote. He says Zach is a HoF then he is.

Kevin Carter could end up making the lists, I said Could not for sure.

But Zach Thomas will be in the HoF.
Edwin Pope writes for the Miami Herald, what the hell do you expect him to say? Jesus Christ.

This is not an overgeneralization, and I have no agenda against Thomas, I'm just sick of every single Dolphins fan thinking Thomas has a legacy in this game when he doesn't. We even made a freakin' poll if he had ANY chance of making the HOF, and guess what, he lost!!!!

He was never the best at his position.

The Dolphins haven't done bumpkis in the playoffs in his career.

He's not a game changer, he's not influential, he doesn't make impact plays, and he doesn't have the ProBowls or the awards.

He's a tackling machine, and he's a scrappy player, but that doesn't get you in the HOF. Give it up.
__________________


Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snape dies killing Voldemort so Harry can live.
Posts: 1,488
Reputation: 83
Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

QB: Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Tom Brady
RB: Marshall Faulk, Ladanian Tomlinson, Curtis Martin
WR: Torry Holt, Marvin Harrison
TE: Tony Gonzalez
OL: Orlando Pace, Jonathan Ogden
DL: Michael Strahan, Warren Sapp, Jason Taylor
LB: Ray Lewis, Derrick Brooks, Junior Seau
DB: Champ Bailey, Brian Dawkins
K: Adam Vinatieri

Thats 20 and there are some younger guys who could make their way onto this list soon so it could be anywhere from 20 to 35, Im going to say no more than 30 though.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Finz99
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: HipsterLand
Posts: 2,268
Reputation: 125565
Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Finz99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79
Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas

Definitely JT

Kevin Carter could get in as well for the longevity of his career and what he has accomplished.
God damn you Dolphins fans are the worst. Zach Thomas is not a sure fire HOF. I'm not having this debate again.

And Kevin Carter is just stupid.
I will take Edwin Pope's opinion over yours thank you. Considering he is one of 4 people that have been to every super bowl and has been covering the NFL before you lived most likely. At the same time he has a HoF vote. He says Zach is a HoF then he is.

Kevin Carter could end up making the lists, I said Could not for sure.

But Zach Thomas will be in the HoF.
Edwin Pope writes for the Miami Herald, what the hell do you expect him to say? Jesus Christ.

This is not an overgeneralization, and I have no agenda against Thomas, I'm just sick of every single Dolphins fan thinking Thomas has a legacy in this game when he doesn't. We even made a freakin' poll if he had ANY chance of making the HOF, and guess what, he lost!!!!

He was never the best at his position.

The Dolphins haven't done bumpkis in the playoffs in his career.

He's not a game changer, he's not influential, he doesn't make impact plays, and he doesn't have the ProBowls or the awards.

He's a tackling machine, and he's a scrappy player, but that doesn't get you in the HOF. Give it up.
ZOMG NOT A POLL!!!!1111!!111!!! :roll:

I personally think him and Jason Taylor will be in the Hall of Fame.
__________________
Finz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: The Lynn Swan of SWDC Hall of Fame
Posts: 18,270
Reputation: 210983
Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

And TMQ's Gregg Easterbrook said that Jeff Saturday was a future Hall of Famer. :roll: Just because on person said something, doesn't make it so. Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor epitomize the "Hall of the very good." They aren't famous, and when this era is looked back upon, they won't be looked upon like there more heralded peers.
__________________

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 757
Reputation: 22
sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

You can toss Randy Moss in as a sure fire hall of famer. His strech of dominance was probably the greatest ever by any reciever.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LakerLand
Posts: 13,130
Reputation: 628697
yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft
Warren Sapp is not a sure thing and neither is Curtis Martin (the Art Monk among RBs).
Warren Sapp probably has the best chance to make it into the Hall than any of his Tampa Bay counterparts like Brooks, Rice, Barber, and Lynch. If one player from that defense makes it into the Hall, it's going to be Sapp.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 757
Reputation: 22
sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Brooks will get in. Rice is a bit of a longshot but he does have great career sack totals.

Barber and Lynch won't get in though.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.