Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who will be the offensive rookie of the year in the 2008-2009 NFL season
Matt Ryan, QB Atlanta Falcons 10 15.38%
Darren McFadden, RB Oakland Raiders 3 4.62%
Jonathan Stewart, RB Carolina Panthers 5 7.69%
Joe Flacco, QB Baltimore Ravens 2 3.08%
Felix Jones, RB Dallas Cowboys 6 9.23%
Chris Johnson, RB Tennessee Titans 17 26.15%
Eddie Royal, WR Denver Broncos 5 7.69%
Matt Forte, RB Chicago Bears 10 15.38%
DeSean Jackson, WR/ RS Philadelphia Eagles 7 10.77%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is a great display of homerism...love it!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now I'd go with Felix Jones. He's scoring touchdowns and making plays for the Cowboys and looks like he will get more touches as the season goes on. Not only do they need to preserve MBIII, but I think Jones has already proven that he deserves a few more touches a game with his big play ability.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
QBs don't win it unless they pull a VY or Big Ben and get their team to the playoffs.

The Falcons have gotten to pummel the Lions and the Chiefs so far. The one competent defense they faced (Bucs) held them to 9 points and they have several more teams coming up with at least decent defenses. (Panthers, Packers, Bears, Eagles in order)

If Ryan comes through that looking decent and keeping the Falcons around .500, then maybe. But even Peyton went 3-13 as a rookie......

Its gotta be a RB. I'm going Felix Jones thus far. He's been dynamic and scored some big TD's for a Dallas team that might be the best in football right now. He keeps that up and its him in my book.

Wrong. It's only been a QB twice since 1990. (VY and Ben)

Its been a RB 13 times for comparison. (WR the other 3 times)
since the time I posted that today, I don't think theres been another vote for Matt Ryan...
Old 09-26-2008, 02:44 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I'm not going to take a backup RB over a QB who helped his team make a turnaround. So that eliminates Felix Jones.

I don't see Eddie getting the numbers to be the rookie of the year, receptions wise.

Ditto with DeSean Jackson, although he could make an affect on special teams.

The main competition I see for Ryan is Forte, Stewart, and Johnson. McFadden is good, but he will split carries and at the moment has some injury concerns.

If one of those three does turn out to be a top tier RB, then fine. But I don't see it happening. And if they are top 15 RBs and Ryan is a top 15 QB, I think Ryan wins out.

If I'm unbiased, I would say one of Chris Johnson, Matt Forte, and Matt Ryan will win it. If you put up 2,800 yards passing, 20 TD and a 80 passer rating as a rookie, along with turning a team in turmoil around as a rookie, then you deserve to be a canidate and probably a winner. Those are about the stats I predict this year. But it's early.

As far as the backs are concerned, I don't see Stewart getting the yards to match the other two. Johnson will probably lack touchdowns, but he may make up for it in the receiving game. I'd say Forte, followed closely by Johnson, will be the top two rookie backs this year.
There you go again using the qualifier "as a rookie". But some of these guys are going to be good, not just "as a rookie", but as a player in the NFL--in comparison to veteran players. For this reason, rookie QBs very rarely win OROY, normally it's a WR or a RB. Like it or not, that's the way that things are.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:28 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im going to go homer, and go with Forte. He is about the only reason the Bears are in games, and through 3 games he has 400+ total yards. If he keeps it up, he will have a very very good rookie year, and would get a lot of consideration.

Close second is Chris Johnson, he is pretty much doing everything statistically that Forte is doing. But he has White sharing carries, which is why he comes 2nd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:02 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I think its gonna come down to Forte and Chris Johnson but Stewart could also win so i think its one of those three. I voted Forte though.
Those are my top three right now, but I voted for Chris Johnson, he has helped that offense in soo many ways, Forte is my second choice, and Jstew is right there as well. In all honesty, it could be either, and it wouldn't be wrong in my book.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Johnson or Matt Forte. Those guys are leading their offenses as of now.

Falcons would have to go into the playoffs with and Ryan would need a QB rating of 80 or above for him to win it. I doubt we could make it to playoffs (though we did hang in there with the Bucs. It was a 17-9 game in the 4th quarter).

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i gotta go Forte, as a Bears fan ive gotten a chance to watch him game in and out. He blocks, catches (beyond one dropped TD), runs hard and well. He gets decent yardage rushing and receiving and has a couple of TDs. This week will be a huge indicator for him (vs Philly for future reference). And if he comes out with solid numbers im not sure if anyone will beat him for the honor.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wasnt Forte's fault on the dropped TD it was a horrible pass.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
It wasnt Forte's fault on the dropped TD it was a horrible pass.
I just re-watched the game. It was underthrown a bit, but Forte jumped caught it in one arm and then he let it get stripped. Which is fine, he is a rookie rb, that was close to making a good play on a decent pass. But the defender made a better play, and Forte didn't protect the ball.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
There you go again using the qualifier "as a rookie". But some of these guys are going to be good, not just "as a rookie", but as a player in the NFL--in comparison to veteran players. For this reason, rookie QBs very rarely win OROY, normally it's a WR or a RB. Like it or not, that's the way that things are.
Bama also needs to realise so far Ryan has done well against Kansas City and Detroit, he wasn't that stellar against Tampa.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Bama also needs to realise so far Ryan has done well against Kansas City and Detroit, he wasn't that stellar against Tampa.
We've covered that.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Read the thread, because you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Someone said why they think he won't win, I said why I think he will. It's called conversation. I then stated why I disagree with others winning, and agree that players like Forte and Johnson have just as good a shot.
You put Ryan at the top of the poll, you started the thread why you think Ryan will win, and you've consistently argued with everyone who thinks otherwise. It's a homer poll and a homer thread disguised as an attempt at open discussion.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You put Ryan at the top of the poll, you started the thread why you think Ryan will win, and you've consistently argued with everyone who thinks otherwise. It's a homer poll and a homer thread disguised as an attempt at open discussion.
Bama is pretty sneaky.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 09-26-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We've covered that.
Not nearly satisfactorily.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any one of the Panthers' rookies should win, they are all better than any other team's, three weeks in.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted DeSean Jackson but it will be tough for him, I think Jonathan Stewart has the best chance.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:52 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Ryan's at the top of the poll because he's gotta be the favorite if this keeps up, although there is definitely a whiff of homerism about. Yes, he's the favorite over Forte right now by virtue of position; making it stick is the hard part. I haven't cast a vote yet, and I'm bewildered that anyone thinks this race has even started, let alone finished.

I mean...

Cason for DROY!!!!!!!!!!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You put Ryan at the top of the poll,

Hey genius, check this out.

Matt Ryan- 3rd overall
Darren McFadden- 4th overall
Jonathan Stewart- 13th overall

Not sure if you see the trend.

you started the thread why you think Ryan will win,

Hey genius, I'm a Falcons fan.

and you've consistently argued with everyone who thinks otherwise.

I have already said CJ and Forte have as good shots as Ryan, and I have an opinion.

It's a homer poll and a homer thread disguised as an attempt at open discussion.
Right. Next...

Next Up: 2012

Last edited by BamaFalcon59 : 09-26-2008 at 05:12 PM.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What trend would that be exactly? I'd love for you to explain that one. Except for the fact that you've already admitted that it's a homer move, so you are basically arguing over nothing.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
What trend would that be exactly? I'd love for you to explain that one. Except for the fact that you've already admitted that it's a homer move, so you are basically arguing over nothing.
Its based on when they were drafted I believe.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Ah....well that makes a little more sense. There's still quite a bit of selectivity there though.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's some good crow that I've been eating for Felix, and I eat a big plate of it with a smile on my face every time he makes a play, honestly I'm starting to think maybe he was the best "fit" for us, although I was screaming for CJ like alot of other Cowboy fans were, Felix makes the most of his opportunities, whether it be kick return or a few snaps at RB, I really thought he had great agility but straight line speed he lacked, well yea, so much for that...Cowboys coaches have even said that he has exceeded expectations thus far, and the best thing about it all is that he is a great character guy that knows he is in a time share and makes the most of it, maybe CJ would of been more dynamic but Felix proved me wrong, makes me wonder if we had taken Jenkins first would Tennessee of snatched him up next.

Don't forget Charles has looked great in KC too, and I know D-Unit and some other guys wouldn't of minded Charles in the 2nd, had you asked me before the draft I would of taken that over Felix at 22, maybe I was just sick of it being in every single mock draft all off season ugh...He won't be ROY unless he keeps up his crazy YPC and scoring TD's each week, just doesn't get as much carries as other guys, but I'm with MOTH he can be the future RB of the Dallas Cowboys at some point, he's not just limited to a reserve back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:50 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Stewart's chances. He looks solid and should get more carries over the course of the season.

Just to be different and mention somebody a guy people are sleeping on that I don't think has been mentioned yet and isn't in the poll is Steve Slaton. He's going to get carries and didn't look bad against a good Tennessee defense. The scheme is good there and if the line comes along he could put up some nice numbers.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote