Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-31-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

yeah I missed the link edited to take it out.
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdnoyes
I'm glad that I don't have to check the internet to see if there is an announcement every 10 minutes, till after the superbowl. Also seems to be good news for those of us who are Singletary supporters. If Norv was the lock most of us thought he was Jerry would have gone ahead and made the announcement. Apparently Singletary made enough of an impression on Jerry to make him pause. And now he may interview Rivera and Caldwell, which is also good news.
Apparently Norv's signing is contingent upon him bringing in a defensive coordinator that the Cowboys feel comfortable with. Norv is close to Ron Rivera and pitched bringing him in during the interview.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Hey guys did you know that Donte' Stallworth in an UFA?!?!?!?!

I didn't know that, I thought the best one avaliable was Drew Bennet....

So now if we got Stallworth I wouldn't care if we cut T.O.

Sweet, just keeping the possibilities open.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99
Quote:
I'm glad that I don't have to check the internet to see if there is an announcement every 10 minutes, till after the superbowl. Also seems to be good news for those of us who are Singletary supporters. If Norv was the lock most of us thought he was Jerry would have gone ahead and made the announcement. Apparently Singletary made enough of an impression on Jerry to make him pause. And now he may interview Rivera and Caldwell, which is also good news.
Apparently Norv's signing is contingent upon him bringing in a defensive coordinator that the Cowboys feel comfortable with. Norv is close to Ron Rivera and pitched bringing him in during the interview.
We could also be waiting to see if SF is going to take Greg Manusky as their DC. I know the interviewed a couple other guys for the job just can't remember the names...one of the ryan brothers though I'm pretty sure about.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
I honestly think Ron Rivera is at the stage where he wants a HC job.

That doesn't bode well for Norv.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Quote:
Quote:
I honestly think Ron Rivera is at the stage where he wants a HC job.

That doesn't bode well for Norv.
That may be true, but there is only 1 HC spot available in the NFL right now so he can't exactly be choosy. I think that Rivera wants substantially more money (which he'd get from the Cowboys) AND this way he's out fron underneath Lovie's shadow as the designer of the defense.

So, the idea that Rivera isn't getting a chance to interview this year NOR maybe next year based on their almost certain ability to get back to the NFC Championship round of the playoffs, it makes more sense to sign a big contract and get the credit for building a defense himself. There is a lot of reason for him to do it from a career standpoint.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41

So now if we got Stallworth I wouldn't care if we cut T.O.
Please. I think that many of us are understimating what TO has bring to us.. Stallworth is nothing more than a discotinuous #2 receiver.. big play or bust...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
jdnoyes
Rookie

jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.jdnoyes could make a wolverine purr.

Its so hard to get focused on draft day when we have no idea who our HC or DC will be. I can't even begin to put together a list of who we should draft when I don't even know what defense or even offense we will run. Jerry has been pretty steadfast of late that we will stay with the 3-4 post Bill, but I can see him being swayed back to the 4-3. I read somewhere an AFC front office type said unlike Pittsburgh, Dallas is in pretty good shape to run a 4-3 right off the bat. He said something to the effect of "give me a month with D-Ware and i'll make him Jason Taylor. Thats how much talent that kid has." But like I said before with no imminent announcement I think i'll take the weekend off from the Cowboys/draft and enjoy the Super Bowl.
jdnoyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its so hard to get focused on draft day when we have no idea who our HC or DC will be. I can't even begin to put together a list of who we should draft when I don't even know what defense or even offense we will run. Jerry has been pretty steadfast of late that we will stay with the 3-4 post Bill, but I can see him being swayed back to the 4-3. I read somewhere an AFC front office type said unlike Pittsburgh, Dallas is in pretty good shape to run a 4-3 right off the bat. He said something to the effect of "give me a month with D-Ware and i'll make him Jason Taylor. Thats how much talent that kid has." But like I said before with no imminent announcement I think i'll take the weekend off from the Cowboys/draft and enjoy the Super Bowl.
I would just like to point out there is a big difference between a base 4-3 and a cover 2 scheme...

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-31-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

DO any of you have NFL Network and have seen this T.O. interview with Deion that I am hearing about? I don't have NFL Network so idk. Someone said that they showed T.O.'s hand it is was REALLY MESSED UP, and that he said he had nothing to do with bill leaving, that he should have been in the pro-bowl, and won't talk to the media at all next year.

Have any of you guys seen it?
Old 01-31-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41
DO any of you have NFL Network and have seen this T.O. interview with Deion that I am hearing about? I don't have NFL Network so idk. Someone said that they showed T.O.'s hand it is was REALLY MESSED UP, and that he said he had nothing to do with bill leaving, that he should have been in the pro-bowl, and won't talk to the media at all next year.

Have any of you guys seen it?
If he doesn't talk to the media at all next year, then....

HOOOORAY!!!! :D
Old 01-31-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want Ron Rivera at all. He wouldn't keep the 3-4 (which I'm a huge fan of). Also, if there's one system I don't want us to run, it's the cover 2. It's soooo bad. We've used the last few years to adapt to the 3-4 and I say we keep it that way.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
I don't want Ron Rivera at all. He wouldn't keep the 3-4 (which I'm a huge fan of). Also, if there's one system I don't want us to run, it's the cover 2. It's soooo bad. We've used the last few years to adapt to the 3-4 and I say we keep it that way.
I'm curious to see a source on this..

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-31-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he would change with the succcess he's had in Chicago running a cover 2. I don't have a source, it's speculatin for God's sake. I'm just saying I don't think he'd be willing to learn a whole new system that he has to coach. It's almost like Zimmer. I don't like that thought.

BoneKrusher
Old 01-31-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Rivera was on a radio interview and said he wouldn't change the 3-4. He said he'd love to be HC in Dallas... When John Clayton asked him whether he could put together a good staff he put Clayton into place and said "Of course! There are a lot of good coaches out there!" hahaha!
Old 01-31-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think he would change with the succcess he's had in Chicago running a cover 2. I don't have a source, it's speculatin for God's sake. I'm just saying I don't think he'd be willing to learn a whole new system that he has to coach. It's almost like Zimmer. I don't like that thought.
How hard would it be for us to move into the 4-3?

DE- Ware
DE- Ellis
DT- Ferguson
DT- Spears
OLB- Ayodele
ILB- James
OLB- Carpenter

We might not be that speedy at OLB, but it's just a thought. Then we could make a huge push for Adalius Thomas or Lance Briggs to add speed. I'm sure both might get the franchise tag thrown on them, but it's nice to dream.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
dickson1187

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Source? Maybe Ron Rivera!

With respect to the coaching search and 3-4 versus 4-3, the fact we are discussing going back to the 4-3 (Tampa 2?) and potentially changing the offense back to the Coryell tree is just an indication of chaos.

The team went to the playoffs, could have gone 11-5 or 12-4 without a D meltdown and averaged 26 PPG. Now we are fascinated with changing everything? New Offensive system with Norv. New D System with Rivera.

As being reported, there is not much sense to this coaching search. The parts are interesting but this puzzle is not coming together.

We will see.
Old 01-31-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod
Quote:

DE- Ware
DE- Ellis
DT- Ferguson
DT- Spears
OLB- Ayodele
ILB- James
OLB- Carpenter

We might not be that speedy at OLB, but it's just a thought. Then we could make a huge push for Adalius Thomas to add speed.
actually I think Ayodele loses his spot and Carp plays sam while Burnett would play will...but this isn't important...we will be playing a primarily 3-4 defense in 07.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-31-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
dickson1187

Quote:
Quote:

DE- Ware
DE- Ellis
DT- Ferguson
DT- Spears
OLB- Ayodele
ILB- James
OLB- Carpenter

We might not be that speedy at OLB, but it's just a thought. Then we could make a huge push for Adalius Thomas or Lance Briggs to add speed. I'm sure both might get the franchise tag thrown on them, but it's nice to dream.
If we move to 4-3 the last thing we need is another LB let alone an expensive FA.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert_in_bigd
Quote:
Quote:
Source? Maybe Ron Rivera!

With respect to the coaching search and 3-4 versus 4-3, the fact we are discussing going back to the 4-3 (Tampa 2?) and potentially changing the offense back to the Coryell tree is just an indication of chaos.

The team went to the playoffs, could have gone 11-5 or 12-4 without a D meltdown and averaged 26 PPG. Now we are fascinated with changing everything? New Offensive system with Norv. New D System with Rivera.

As being reported, there is not much sense to this coaching search. The parts are interesting but this puzzle is not coming together.

We will see.
Brillant defensive minds know how to work with a teams strengths and minimize a teams weakness's.

Bill has made it clear that we are to stay in the 3-4...thus we wouldn't bring in a guy to change it.

Call me crazy but any talk of cover 2 defense being played in dallas as a primary defense is crazy and I will need a reliable source quoted from mouth to believe it.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-31-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

DE- Ware
DE- Ellis
DT- Ferguson
DT- Spears
OLB- Ayodele
ILB- James
OLB- Carpenter

If we move to 4-3 the last thing we need is another LB let alone an expensive FA.
True, but at that point you might see some player movement. I'm not sure if we could afford trading Ayodele because there might be some sort of cap hit.

I personally like the 3-4, but feel that we need some help at the other OLB position. I'm hoping that Carp keeps developing, but still not sold on him yet.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Rivera was on a radio interview and said he wouldn't change the 3-4. He said he'd love to be HC in Dallas... When John Clayton asked him whether he could put together a good staff he put Clayton into place and said "Of course! There are a lot of good coaches out there!" hahaha!
That's just like taking the Zimmer approach all over again!Why get a coach who can't coach the system we want to use?

BoneKrusher
Old 01-31-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's just like taking the Zimmer approach all over again!Why get a coach who can't coach the system we want to use?
Rivera has a far superior defensive mind to Zimmer. Zimmer is a good coordinator...Rivera is a great defensive mind.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-31-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
dickson1187

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Rivera has a far superior defensive mind to Zimmer. Zimmer is a good coordinator...Rivera is a great defensive mind.
Not sure why you would say that.

First, Zimmer's track record in 4-3 is accomplished. Let me add I think Zimmer is not brilliant, as you say.

Second, where has Rivera succeeded as being the only D mind? Not sure I buy the brilliant tag on Rivera.

I think we need a 3-4 guy somewhere and given our OC has zero experience running an O and Norv is the likely guy -- I like Manusky from SD or pick a guy from NE or the Jets.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Not sure why you would say that.

First, Zimmer's track record in 4-3 is accomplished. Let me add I think Zimmer is not brilliant, as you say.

Second, where has Rivera succeeded as being the only D mind? Not sure I buy the brilliant tag on Rivera.

I think we need a 3-4 guy somewhere and given our OC has zero experience running an O and Norv is the likely guy -- I like Manusky from SD or pick a guy from NE or the Jets.
I guess we won't know how brilliant of a mind Rivera has until has is tested with talent that doesn't fit the cover 2. But he does have a defense winning his team games with a trashy QB...that says alot to me. Not like the have the most talented defense in the league...it is definately a top tier defense talent wise..but I don't believe it the best.

Manusky is a nice option from speculation.
BBD recommended Pepper Johnson...who I like but have yet to see ties from NE to here at this point.
Can't think of anyone from the jets really.

Designs by me
Quote: