Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ryan Grant a fluke?

I compare him to Julius Jones, another ND RB who had a hot start then fizzled as fast as he rose. But I can't really compare him to Julius now that Julius is in a better situation and doing well than compared to what he was in Dallas.

So I say... who are the believers and who are the doubters? and who is right out of the 2?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Once you venture outside of AD, LT, MBIII, etc, it becomes stale.

A RB is a RB is a RB.

Grant is no different.

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 09-30-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Grant was absolutely a fluke. he has nothing going for him now.
no burst, no vision, as he pretty much looks for people to tackle him. he goes down easy...but, at least he fumbles a lot.

i'm calling RB as the Packers' #1 need this off season.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only because he's on my fantasy team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think everyone outside of Green Bay knew that he was a definite fluke...

I still think he can be a decent RB, he will never be as successful as he was last year, imo.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got flamed by Packer fans for saying it before but I have no doubt he is a fluke. I don't think he is as terrible as he is playing now but he is a below average starting RB and for that matter he would probably only be an average backup RB.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post

A RB is a RB is a RB.

Grant is no different.
There are a lot more runningbacks that aren't "stale"
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Only because he's on my fantasy team.
quoted for truth

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:22 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow a little over the top there.... Grant has been plagued by a hammy and well we all know those heal overnight they can continue to nag throughout an entire season... Grant is suppose to be close to 100% but he says he isnt their yet. So hes fumbled twice, we have seen that not taking many hits early in the year can cause this. Our O-line has been in a constant shuffle and they havent had anytime together. Now that they do things should improve and if they dont I will then be worried. At this moment I am concerned but Im also not going to overeact. Part of the blame has to be put on Grant because yes we have seen him miss some holes, but I would also blame the o-line as well. I think they have been a bit overated and at times arent opening anything up.

Do I think he is an AD or LT .... No way but I do think he can be a good back

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
There are a lot more runningbacks that aren't "stale"
A RB is a RB is a RB.

Dime a dozen. Not stale but nothing to write home about.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never bought into him, although I don't think I ever said so on this sight. It always seemed he would have one long run that made his numbers look a lot better than what they would have.
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

A RB is a RB is a RB.

Grant is no different.
Are you seriously naming barber the third running back in the league? r u kidding me
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Are you seriously naming barber the third running back in the league? r u kidding me
Yep, I'm doing that.

I just listed a few backs that I consider elite.

For future reference. Using the word "seriously" in the same post as "r u", isn't a winning formula.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its very possible but I'd like to see a little more than just four games. I might get flamed for saying that (who am I kidding, I will) but I think more than one game with a complete starting offensive line will show us how good he is, no matter what the results are. Really though, no one knows for sure how he's going to turn out this year, its only four games so far (not to mention that he was way behind because of holding out and his hamstring) just like it was only 10 games last year that he played in significantly. So as of now, Grant is a mystery, but my gut is still telling me to be prepared to be underwhelmed.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think anyone thought he was anything special...I for sure didn't, since I wanted Felix. But, he has been bother by injuries from the start of TC.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He hasn't had much running room. I expected a lot more out of him. It looks like he's running without inspiration this year. He's fast but this year that just helps him run into a defender quicker.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
It looks like he's running without inspiration this year.
He was running for a contract last year. Not so much anymore.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he is suffering from PFS (Post-Favre Syndrome).
Old 09-30-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I think he is suffering from PFS (Post-Favre Syndrome).
Eh, that may be part of it, but I don't think that would account for all of it. I think a lot of this is on Grant.

Quote:
He was running for a contract last year. Not so much anymore.
I don't think that that is the case as much as most would believe. Yeah, I doubt he is running with the same passion because he did in fact get paid pretty well, but a great majority of the contract is incentive based. If he's fine with the $4.25 million that he is guaranteed then he probably is slacking, but he still could stand to earn a lot more.

Last edited by Twiddler : 09-30-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Twiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it said 'flake'

I was going to agree.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure that he's as bad as he's been playing, but I never thought he'd continue to be as successful as he was last year.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been doubting him since last year and predicted a serious decline.

That didn't stop me from signing him in one of our fantasy auctions though. At least I've got the handicap.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, he pretty much sucks. No vision, misses holes, doesnt make anyone miss, no speed burst, and he cant hold on to the ball. Of course he has been hampered by an injury and our o-line has been brutal this year, but when hes had his chances he does nothing.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen the kid play since high school(he'd trounce my hometown school annually) and watched him quite a bit at ND and then on the Giants. I knew he was a pretty good runner, deserving of a #2 spot on a team, getting anywhere between 5-10 carries a game, but he's not #1 starting back material. He did well in what? 8? 10? games. even in the playoffs he started to decline(mainly the Giants game). He's a nice option to have, but shouldn't be a starting back
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A RB is a RB is a RB.

Dime a dozen. Not stale but nothing to write home about.
Are you saying that other than the three you listed, LT, Peterson and Barber, the rest are dime a dozen?

Because there are quite a few that I don't consider dime a dozen.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote