Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
There are a lot of Eagles fan who call him a bust because they are upset he doesn't get sacks, but that isn't what we are asking him to do, and I have been saying that since we drafted him.
The same type of fans who give Philadelphia a bad name. DTs aren't big stats guys to start with anyways. Speaking of the '06 Michigan defense, Alan Branch had 25 tackles, 6 TFL, 2 sacks, and 1 INT the whole season, yet he was the best player on that defense (LaMarr Woodley a close second). Ever since then, I've learned that DT stats, while they may be nice, don't always tell the whole story. I'd rather Bunkley gets 2-3 sacks per year and owns the middle and gets a top 5 rush defense than 6-8 sacks and a 20ish run defense. He's improved the run defense so much since he became a starter.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
The same type of fans who give Philadelphia a bad name. DTs aren't big stats guys to start with anyways. Speaking of the '06 Michigan defense, Alan Branch had 25 tackles, 6 TFL, 2 sacks, and 1 INT the whole season, yet he was the best player on that defense (LaMarr Woodley a close second). Ever since then, I've learned that DT stats, while they may be nice, don't always tell the whole story. I'd rather Bunkley gets 2-3 sacks per year and owns the middle and gets a top 5 rush defense than 6-8 sacks and a 20ish run defense. He's improved the run defense so much since he became a starter.
Same with me, we have plenty of other weapons who can reach the QB, he is what really helps our run game. I played DT, and if you get 3 or four tackles in a game, that is good, DTs are caught up in the most trash and have to fight through the most stuff that stats really don't matter, especially for the type of DT that Bunk is.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew Brees is the best QB in the NFL right now.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Drew Brees is the best QB in the NFL right now.
No homer, I would put McNabb, Brees, Rivers and Cutler into a hat right next and be happy with whatever I drew. I guess Romo too.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:01 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its kind of funny, I know McNabb and Romo and Rivers etc are all better than Delhomme. But I still wouldn't trade him away for one of them. He's got more 4th qtr come backs and TD passes than anyone currently active except favre.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all of buffalo's rushig td's have been from more than 10 yds out
Old 09-30-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's pretty impressive in and of itself.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote