Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-31-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Taunting...

Simple question. Are you for it, against, or just don't really care either way...And why you have this opinion.

Example of taunting: What Reggie Bush did to Urlacher 2 weeks ago.

Example of celebrating: What CJ does in the endzone after he scores

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes and no I don't really care all that much either way but when a WR like the Chiefs Samie Parker gets one catch a game and starts taunting like it was the greatest play you ever seen I think it is uncalled for you don't have to taunt after you get a first down every time.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Umm...."No" and "Don't really care" are the same answer Sweetness.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like taunting. Celebratitng is okay, but not taunting IMO. Keep it to trash talk. I especially think it's dumb when someone taunts when theyre losing *cough*Reggie Bush*cough*, or when they're ahead by a very large amount (that's just poor sportsmanship).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think some taunts are in order to happen, like if a opponent taunts you, then you might as well give him some of his own medicine, but a taunt like Reggie Bush's or the infamous Terrell Owens Dallas Star incident are just inexcusable.
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Ok next question...And 51 is gonna get pissed at me for this but I don't care.

Was what Hester did in St. Louis taunting? It's a yes or no answer.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would I get pissed? And yes of course it was.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Ok next question...And 51 is gonna get pissed at me for this but I don't care.

Was what Hester did in St. Louis taunting? It's a yes or no answer.
I haven't seen it, do you have a picture/video of it? I'm checking youtube now.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-31-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

no.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Yeah, I saw it now, it was a bit of taunting, the part where he points back with the ball was. The high stepping IMO wasn't, it was just playing the crowd. What makes taunting to me is when you mock a player on the other team. Everything else is just celebrating.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-31-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:

Why would I get pissed? And yes of course it was.
I just thought you'd be tired of hearing about it. But thank you.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
Yeah, I saw it now, it was a bit of taunting, the part where he points back with the ball was. The high stepping IMO wasn't, it was just playing the crowd. What makes taunting to me is when you mock a player on the other team. Everything else is just celebrating.
I'm just talking about the pointing back thing. The high step wasn't but the other thing was.

And NYmoney, just please stop talking. You made yourself look like a jag in the team forums, so don't do it again, oh wait you already did.

Quote:
Old 01-31-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yes
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:20 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

I only care when they're taunting my team

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
nyjetsguy27
Rookie

nyjetsguy27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think taunting is good for the game, but not too much of it. that fine for reggie bush is over the top by the nfl though.

sig by JETS5128
nyjetsguy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking there needs to be some integrity in the game, the celebration rule is absolutely ridiculous though. I don't really like it when I see a player taunt another as usually players don't forget this thing and it could escalate into something else.

Celebrating isn't that big of a deal to me though but there's a questionable view of it. How about Hines Ward's horrible rendition of the Icky Shuffle? How about TO's Ray Lewis dance? Or Wilfork's Lights Out Dance? Or Merriman leading a crowd to chant "Brady Sucks" and saying "We are going to hit him in the mouth!" right before the AFC Championship game?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My favorite play:

A safety gives up a 30 yard completion, and the safety jacks up the WR, a very very big hit, but the WR holds onto the ball. The safety then is like, "YEAH YEAH YO WHAT UP" and runs around screaming. They just gave up a big completion.

I like taunting, but only on some occasions.

No:

Say Brandon Jacobs runs for 10 yards and a first down.

Yes:

Reggie Bush catches an 88 yard pass along with a nasty move in the NFC Championship game against the best defense in the NFL.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
CM4
Rookie

CM4 CM4 CM4

Go Ahead Reggie taunt while losing, oh and yea go ahead taunt one of the most respective players in the league. Pathetic, Reggie made himself look stupid. Urlacher has accomplished way to much for an inconsistent rookie to taunt at him was just childish.

And that merriman comment...Merriman was never egging the crowd on to chant Brady sucks, i was at the game and i dont remember the crowd ever chanting that, and yes he said "were gonna hit them in the mouth" hmm i think ive heard every D say that in the NFL.
CM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM4
Go Ahead Reggie taunt while losing, oh and yea go ahead taunt one of the most respective players in the league. Pathetic, Reggie made himself look stupid. Urlacher has accomplished way to much for an inconsistent rookie to taunt at him was just childish.

And that merriman comment...Merriman was never egging the crowd on to chant Brady sucks, i was at the game and i dont remember the crowd ever chanting that, and yes he said "were gonna hit them in the mouth" hmm i think ive heard every D say that in the NFL.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yHyLlL01tGA

I think that's a pretty interesting thing that he did, that was probably the provoktion.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wish endzone celebrations were not a penatly, thats an entertaining form of celebration

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't get why people get mad about taunting, especially if they've played the game. What Reggie Bush did, wasn't taunting, it was based on pure adrenaline. I know after coming up from a big sack, I always hop around and bang heads.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
jblaze66
Rookie

jblaze66 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I think he meant to put "No strong opinion"

Sig by Kramer
jblaze66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Ho0k Em'
Pro Bowler

Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.Ho0k Em' could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM4

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yHyLlL01tGA

I think that's a pretty interesting thing that he did, that was probably the provoktion.
It's not called smashmouth football for nothing.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like taunting way more then celebrating because it takes more balls. Chad Johnson's choreographed dances and planned celebrations get a little old.

The ultimate is when you can combine taunting and celebrating, a la Moss mooning.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote